Masters Running

Redmond Watershed Preserve 12H trail run (Read 279 times)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Short RR for a long race....but I'm off to Italy tomorrow and I still have so much to do!!! Second time I participate in this race, I actually almost didn't this time because I had forgotten to sign up early and when I finally got around to doing it, the race was full and had to email the RD and hope for a cancellation... So glad it worked out, it was a perfectly beautiful day to be out and enjoy the woods. I think Robert well described the 2 loop course, 5.3something for the long one , .7something for the short one.....in the grand scheme of running for 12 hours...I did a lots of rounding up or down .... About 80 people at the start, I finally got the opportunity to chat with Robert for a bit, we are often at the same local races but we tend to miss each other a lot!! My goal was to do better than last year when I ran 50.92M....and I did!!! The course is varied, hills, easy wide soft paths, some narrow more technical stretches, a few slightly muddy spots.... I felt pretty good, ran the flat and downhill bits really strong, walked a lot of the uphills , I was pretty consistent with my fuel, but I later realized I should have managed that better during the last two hours when my energy level really dropped. Bottom line, I ran 9 big loops and 8 short one for a total of 54.14 miles in 11:35.......I could have kept going for another 2 short ones to add another mile and a half but at that point I was pleased enough to call it quits and just enjoy watching the fast guys and girls sprinting in and taking off again until the last possible second on the clock!! I ended up 4th woman overall and 2nd master, the challenge next year will be to improve by another couple of miles. Thank you all for reading!! Francesca

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

fantasico pr send-off on a busy day francesca dea. hope you get to do some italiano running too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

2nd in master's group. . Congratulations Francesca. You are amazing. Your mental toughness is to be admired.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

Very, very kewl! Cool Enjoy Italy!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

xor

Yay!

Tramps

Wow! That's a lot of mileage to rack up in one day. You are one tough woman. Congrats on those impressive placements too!

Be safe. Be kind.

Franc, I can't imagine doing something like this. You are an inspiration. Congrats on 4th OA and 2nd masters. Enjoy your trip. TomS
                  Wow, great race and congrats on the increased distance from last year. Do not know how you can run so far. Enjoy Italy I am so jealous. It's been over 5 years since my last trip to Italy...I miss the Amalfi Coast and Roma of course. Enjoy Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

King of PhotoShop

It's great having a running celebrity here on this forum. Well done Franc, and enjoy your trip. Spareribs
                    Slo

I'll 2nd what Ribs said. What an undertaking. 54+ miles......totally awesome !
                        Wow 54 miles!! It is more than most people here do over 7 days! Next hardest thing would be to keep track of the mileage when you are so tired! Simply amazing. Enjoy Italy

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

7 days?!?! Hell, that's a good MONTH for me Shocked Very impressive!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

xor

Next hardest thing would be to keep track of the mileage when you are so tired!
                            Well, for me, the math was something to occupy my brain. BUT... you don't have to keep track. They have lap counters, and you report in every time you get to the start/finish aid station. They posted a printout with everyone's updated stats on a bulletin board all day long.

Wow, I am so impressed. Do you run 100 milers?
                              Masters 2000 miles
                                Congratulations Francesca! or Favoloso/a rather. You are one strong and amazing runner. Travel well.