Masters Running

House remodel pictures (Read 376 times)

Gorgeous Carolyn and nice work on the house too. Now I can picture your runs better and I am very jealous. Karin
    wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks, everyone. DH is really good at building and woodworking. (And making messes.) Spareribs, that's why I don't usually like Texans - they drool. Wink Erika, no skylights, since we get so much snow here, but they would be nice. Its funny that you have a hard time getting your DH to paint the bathroom, and I have a hard time trying to talk my DH out of ripping the roof off the house! Eliz, I love that deep blue color the sky gets here - its due to the high altitude. I've always been a mountain person, although I like the beach for visits.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

wildchild, very nice. Sometimes I daydream about moving, and Colorado is one place I've thought of moving to. I once visited a girl in Boulder and enjoyed the symphony in Denver. Unfortunately I have no skills of any kind, let alone portable skills, so daydreaming is probably all I can do. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
        SteveP

That is simply too sweet!!! If you would like, I could watch over your DH's shoulder and tell him what he's doing wrong. Since your a valued member of this forum, I'll discount this service.

SteveP

The Jogger

Carolyn, you live in an amazing place.............nice house, nice neighbourhood Smile Roy
              Thanks, everyone. DH is really good at building and woodworking.
              Wow.....post-and-beam construction, third story remodel (going up-and-down lots of stairs), DH doing most of the work himself? That's pretty phenomenal! Great house....great views.

Top 'O the World!

OOOOOOH! Smile AAAAHHHHH! Wink what a depressing view! Big grin .....depressing when ya hafta leave & go into town!! Cool
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  absolutely beautiful!!

denise

#artbydmcbride

/jealous! How far to the nearest shopping mall? Big grin

Runners run

wildchild

Carolyn

Ilene, the nearest shopping mall is 25 miles away, in Golden. And the nearest grocery store is 20 miles away. I really like living in the mountains, but it does require a car and lots of driving time to get anywhere. Sometimes I wish I could walk to the store or the movies or a restaurant, or even be in bike riding distance of anything. The other major drawback to our location is the loooong winters. We're at 9300 ft, and get really tired of the snow by the time winter's over in May. Tongue We also live on a private road that the county doesn't plow, so we have our own plow truck for the 3/4 mile out to the county road. But it sure is a pretty place, and no neighbors! Lots of my friends who live in town for the convenience say they figured they could drive up to the mountains every weekend if they want to, but then they get busy and find they never do it.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

snow, yes - but no hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, stifling heat, smog, crime........ Wink
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                        huskydon

Beutiful. Simply beautiful. Wow. huskydon
                          Tramps

When can I come visit? Big grin Beautiful. I'm impressed by your DH's skills; that's not a small project to be tackling.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow! What a beautiful house and such an incredible view!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Very nice!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com