Masters Running

Thursday, Nov. 13 Runs and Rests (Read 563 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Tramps--take the hat (Hopeful said she'd lend you her DH's) and duck tape it on your head!
    Can't wait to see the race photos! Big grin p.s. Tramps, you know we're not picking on you, we're excited for you, and wish you fleet feet in your upcoming marathon!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'm in the not-much-running club this week. Rest day Monday. Carpiest run in ages Tuesday. Recovering on Wednesday from spending all day at a choral festival with 70, count 'em 70, middle school boys. Thursday, still wiped out from yesterday. Did I mention that I spent yesterday with 70 super-high-energy middle school boys ALL DAY???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Tomorrow I drive straight from work to an evening rehearsal. It's supposed to rain on Saturday, but I'm not gonna let that be an excuse not to run. I'll need it so much by then. Exhausting as it was, yesterday was a blast. The kids from my school spent the day with kids from the other middle school in the district at the high school, learning "manly" songs with guy singers there. They LOVED singing "Sixteen Tons!" So much energy! Now I need to work hard at the follow up to try to get a few more of them in chorus. I having a breakfast reunion breakfast for them (which is really another attempt at recruitment) on "Manly Monday." Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

tramps repeat after me...RAIN is better than Wind...RAIN is better that wind. Fleet feet my friend. You will do terrific. How is the carboloading coming along?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I'm in the not-much-running club this week. Rest day Monday. Carpiest run in ages Tuesday. Recovering on Wednesday from spending all day at a choral festival with 70, count 'em 70, middle school boys. Thursday, still wiped out from yesterday. Did I mention that I spent yesterday with 70 super-high-energy middle school boys ALL DAY???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Eliz
          I think that counts as an Ultra Black eye. ---Funny, I remember Tennessee Ernie Ford singing 16 tons when I was a kid.
          Masters 2000 miles
          dg.

Decided to waste time dg. hmm, ok I think three injuries gets you in. Hope you get out fast too! (
            I'm in I'm in I'm in! Big grin thanks Twocat!!! umm. wait a minute. this is beginnning to seem a little Through the Looking Glass-esque. Tongue .. thanks. i hope you get out fast too. eccentric movements, maybe.
              Et tu, Brewte?
              Now THAT is funny!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              dg.

I feel as if I had Attention Defecit Disorder today...I'm trying to hold all the replies I want to make in my brain and it won't cooperate! (I think I may be floored by the "gift" of that Brussel Spout plant, dg--but I insist on sharing it with Jlynne and Twocat!) Enke, it's only b/c of your injury that we're not hitting on your harder for losing 3 lbs while lazing around. Glad you're starting to feel better. I ran, but slowly today--6 miles at a 9:00 mile pace. High 40s but 23 mph winds. Carolyn sent it this way, I think. Wind is hard. Amy is wusy. ps: Thanks for your continued good wishes. We just look upbeat, folks--remember my Monday post, and believe that we have our moments. Sad Our doc told us he was getting one brand of ICD and then we learned the installation docs used another kind, from a company with a really bad reputation--Guidant. Angry This is TMI but in case there is a curious person out there, you can check this: http://www.theheart.org/article/696795.do Yup, around 2005, they knew of defects but did not tell clinicians and allowed defective ICDs to still be implanted. Anyway, I'm in touch with someone at Guidant (now Boston Scientific) and we're getting info on DH's model and his leads and also on what changes the company has implemented to address their past carpy behavior. And I'm making enough of a record there that if DH's devices become known to be defective, someone for sure will know to notify the determined woman [I'm thinking that may be a euphemism for me] out on the plains. And life goes on! Cool
                Amy, share all you want. I'd send it to you if I could! this was to help keep the brussel sprout topic afloat. Wink. wusy, that's so often how all of us think of you. Roll eyes Enke... what Amy said. {{{ }}} re that ICD. that is infuriating. oh, determined fits you! (that's good, isn't it?) if your backbone gets tired, we'll mail you reinforcements. (my DD says I'm determined. you mean she means something else, really? Confused) mta. remember Tennessee Ernie Ford on "I Love Lucy"?
                  Have you a favorite bribe? I've used Guinness before with success.
                  Sorry, I'm not getting it. I guess I'm just not seeing how the Guinness Book of World Records could be used as a bribe?? Confused
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  TammyinGP

Here's a PSA for you all (and I know Aamos will appreciate this and get a chuckle out of it!_ As I am sitting here reading a police report, I thought I better warn you all of 'sign' that officers sometimes see when they initiate a traffic stop which is apparently now a sign you are a drug trafficker. fact scenario: our guy stopped for traffic violation (apparently Driving While Hispanic in a California plated BMW is a violation in southern Oregon). Anyways, as cop approaches vehicle and attempts to communicate with our guy, there's a language barrier. But cop notices coffee cup in center console and he states in his report, and this is a verbatim quote,: "I know that people involved in illegal narcotic activity often use caffeine drinks. Caffeine helps you stay awake so they can keep the product moving quickly." nevermind the fact that it was 9:30 a.m. Roll eyes So, I'm just warning you . . . if you drive around town drinking coffee, you might just be mistaken for a drug trafficker.

Tammy

Wow Tammy, that is really egregious. I just wanted to use that word. warning cute kid story - my DD brought home a booklet she had made taken from the little engine that could theme. So on the pages, it reads (her fill in the blank words in quotes) I am "6 years old" I can "read books" I can "ride my bikes" I can "plant brassica" (their science project) I think I can "run in a marathon" The last page had a picture of a start banner, a finish banner, a bunch of runners, a line of spectators and her crossing the finish line first. The teacher put a big WOW! on that page.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #3309

I'm in the not-much-running club this week. Rest day Monday. Carpiest run in ages Tuesday. Recovering on Wednesday from spending all day at a choral festival with 70, count 'em 70, middle school boys. Thursday, still wiped out from yesterday. Did I mention that I spent yesterday with 70 super-high-energy middle school boys ALL DAY???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Tomorrow I drive straight from work to an evening rehearsal. It's supposed to rain on Saturday, but I'm not gonna let that be an excuse not to run. I'll need it so much by then. Exhausting as it was, yesterday was a blast. The kids from my school spent the day with kids from the other middle school in the district at the high school, learning "manly" songs with guy singers there. They LOVED singing "Sixteen Tons!" So much energy! Now I need to work hard at the follow up to try to get a few more of them in chorus. I having a breakfast reunion breakfast for them (which is really another attempt at recruitment) on "Manly Monday." Eliz
                        Eliz, "not much running club"...hey, your either in or out Girl Fren. Tet is picky ya know...but scared of me, lol. WOW Tampster...wow. I'll have to read that again in the am! Hey Erika, how long are you down for not runnning...sorry if I don't remember...this does really suck!!! Mary, thanks for the pic of the B... Jimmy Legs Tim tet, is that all ya got...geez..."non" running is going to your brain buddie.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Et tu, Brewte?
                          Just gettng around to reading the daily. Now that's a hilarious comment!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Renee the dog

My ex and his third (yes, third) wife will be there
                            Well, at least you know it wasn't you. Big grin OK, I'll stop now -- just a little punchy after 6 hrs driving to see my Mom with the kids in a driving rain.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Just gettng around to reading the daily. Now that's a hilarious comment!
                              Now that's not fair to "us" village idiots....I don't know what it means.... Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

brewte = Brute Big grin