Masters Running

Steamy Tuesday, June 19 (Read 476 times)

Good to hear your good news, OM!

Tammy, I haven't totally given up on the idea but it's more realistic to think about retiring somewhere than trying to find a job there, for me anyway.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

wildchild

Carolyn

I thought I could tuck it into my pony tail and look like a deranged bride running down the road.  Smile

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

......in heels!!!!!!!!!!

........FeelTheBurn..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Funny video, here is what my idiot dog was fiercely barking at the other day, although it was a little different, just a stick man, no geometric dirt.

OM - that stinks.  I hope you find something you like even better.

Holly, I gave up alcohol a few times, last time was for over a year and a half.  It never occured to me to ask my DH to join in my abstinence.

4.3 miles.  60F, overcast, nice breeze.  Gosh it was just so nice.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

And when you have this discussion, make sure you start it with, "Well, my Running Ahead friends said..." he'll like that...

"One guy, his dog says we should discuss changes we can both make in order to live long and happy....QUIT STARING AT THE COOKIES!...I said 'long and happy' lives together"

Nancy, don't k*** DH until after he's done with his share of the work.

That's greta news Esther!

SteveP

Jlynne squirrel baffle.  Get the metal tube type not the plastic hat like type.  I have them on my feeders and it seems to have the squirrel's baffled!

Holly S. I think your DH is so far out of line I would likely blow up if I were in your shoes.  If you "love me" you will go on the wagon!?  Come on.  An announcement like that in my house by my DW or me would get the announcer nowhere but a lecture on self control.  I also agree, if he has a weight and diabetes problem (and it sounds like the latter is due to the former) the trick is to knock it off with the excess calories and start working out, drinking has nothing to do with it.  Geez I am pure mad and this does not even involve me!  Shocked  Whoa!

OM congratulations to graduating to running with your arms strapped to your sides!

Today it was my first 10 mile run post-ankle sprain!  Yea!  Also, I got in touch with my old training partner (TP instead of PT!) and we are going to see about hooking up for a run next week.  Last but not least the race results from Saturday's 3.78 mile race  finally went up.  I managed a 7:05 pace.  My PT was not too happy that I did it, but pretty happy that I appeared no worse for wear.  Next Saturday the race is 4.068 miles, gotta love those oddball distances!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

BTY

Hi all.  I hope you find the solutions to the dilemmas posted on here today; I wish I had good advice, too, like others have offered,  but I think maybe if you see me writing down advice for anyone to follow, you should pretend my name is George Costanza and do the opposite.  You'll probably wind up ruling the world.

I followed up last night's 6.3 miler along the Niagara River with a 5-miler this morning around the track at the University at Buffalo's stadium.  It was cool to run laps in a stadium built for thousands of spectators.  The track I usually run around has seating for a couple hundred.

Hey Ribs!  What's that over there

75 degrees and 93% RH at 6:30 when I started my run.  Must be LakeEffect humidity?

Back home in Albania tonight. 

holly, i don't get your dh's logic at all? I can see if your dh was an alcoholic that he would ask you to also quit (like a smoker who wants their spouse to quit to help them kick their habit), but if neither of you are daily drinkers, I don't get how "if you love me, you'll do this" attitude. and if he's just an occassional drinker, how does he think that's the root cause of his diabetes? how about you say "if you love YOURSELF, you'll change your eating and exercise habits" and "because I love you, I'll help you in that regard".

totally agree here!!  Holly hope you didnt end up having too miserable a night!

((OM))  hope the healing continues to go well!

TomS - congrats on your daughter's graduation!

((Deb)) grab some hugs anytime!!  nothing feels so good to me as a nice hug!

Kevin - hope you get to do the Lobster Dash in Ogunquit - it really is a great race!!  Also, MVS does a pub run every thursday night starting at 6:30 - we meet at Jaime's Pub in No. Andover for a 3 mile run the back there for a refreshing post-race beverage!  Join us anytime!  This week trying to decide on the pub run or the Sapienza in Haverhill.

I love this heat and humidity - crazy but it is actually my favorite weather!!  But I will enjoy it even more once I get through my last shift before vacation tom. night!   Today I hit the gym for 30 minutes arc trainor then 30 minutes of core/abs/machines.

denise