Masters Running

Cheffy's FIrst HM! and I lived to tell about it! (Read 287 times)

Hill Runner

I ran the Thunder Road marathon last December, the weather was absolutely perfect unlike the two previous years when is was down right frigid. Here's an elevation of the course according to my FR305. I really like the course but some may say that it's a little hilly... Smile

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Peter, My Hub posted in the HM trainers forum, the course elevation map from his 205. How does it compare do you think?

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Cheffy, I also ran the Thunder Road marathon, but in 2006 when it was freezing as Peter says----16F at the start, but up to 40F at the finish and clear and dry. I loved it and didn't think it was "too" hilly. Rolling hills work well for me. I found the race so well done and everyone was super friendly. Karin

King of PhotoShop

Good for you. Thanks for sharing the good news. You are a regular here now. Spareribs

Hill Runner

Cheffy, if you're looking to BQ, then Thunder Road isn't the course for you but it's a lot of fun and I don't think that the hills were that bad. It's really a fun marathon with great crowd support for most of the race. The pasta diner is also a lot of fun every year. Karin...I thought I saw you there in 2006 Big grin ... I ran the Half that year....

Upcoming Races:

Peter, NO BQ for me yet.... I am another 1-2 years from a full Mary. I am talking HM here.... Compariable to Davidson?

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

xor

a full Mary
                Duck! (as a verb, not a noun) Congrats today and many woohoos!

Hill Runner

Peter, NO BQ for me yet.... I am another 1-2 years from a full Mary. I am talking HM here.... Compariable to Davidson?
                  Yes, you shouldn't have any problems. I might see you there if you're running in December.

Upcoming Races:

#artbydmcbride

Great job on your first Half Mary! You will be running so well! Congratulations! Smile

Runners run

SteveP

Cheffy, Sweet RR!!!! You just join this group of rag tag riff-raff characters and you're posting race reports. Gotta love it.

SteveP

evanflein

Congratulations, Cheffy! You ran a smart race and had a great result. And congrats to CheffysHub! You guys both had a successful day. Don't be in a hurry to try a full marathon. The half marathon is a great distance and there are so many now, it's easy to find lots of fun courses.
                        coastwalker

Hi Cheffy, Congrats to you and HUB on a pair of greta races! You employed your run/walk strategy to perfection, and it sounds like the walking portion was very strong. You've got the right idea when you keep your elbows bent during your walking phase to help keep your turnover rate higher so you'll go faster; 11-12 minute walking miles are faster than most people can manage. No wonder it took a lot of folks a good deal of time to catch you while you were walking. Anytime you want to change over to racewalking, you just let me know. Meanwhile, heal that calf, keep running, and keep posting! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

The Jogger

Well done to you and your hubby, Cheefy. I have only done 1 hm in over 3 years but I was elated at the end. Keep it up. Roy & Woody (my goldie)
                              I enjoyed your RR Cheffy and you may make a Galloway convert yet out of me. Way to go!
                              Tramps

That's great! Congratulations on both the race and, especially, on your one-year anniversary. Keep it up!

Be safe. Be kind.