Masters Running

running in Maine?? (Read 312 times)

......was wondering where would be good spots to run in Maine if we get a September vacation there.... does it have a ''Hurricaine Season'' like The Gulf?? how cold will it be?? (oh yeah, I'm REAL informed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT) hopefully Mainerunnah and others will share some tips. thanks guys.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Tom--I'm not a full time Mainer, but being there in September is one of the nicest times to be there. All those damn summer people have left and the weather is still really nice. hardly ever any frost. Just kidding Wink Any idea where you might be? Portland has some really nice runs around the harbor. I hang out around Sebago Lake and have some nice runs along country roads with little traffic. Maine and Teresa are lucky enough to be there year round, so I'm sure they'll be able to help a lot more. I think you'll love it if you never been before. And it's not hurricane season either. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

thanks stumpy//........LT said York Beach was nice and sorta close to Boston . .......currently Pickles is reviewing a Memphis Aunt's suggestions of where to go..........this is in the Early Stages, so I haven't a clue where we will wind up. looked at the Tourist Info, looked Gorgeous. just hope it isn't cold.

Oh ya -- York is a nice area -- and definitely doable if you wanted to make a day trip to Boston (maybe 90 minutes to downtown Boston) I'm going to be in the Old Orchard Beach area on and off during September -- very pretty there too! September can be absolutely beautiful in New England -- warm days, cool nights typically. Have fun planning your vacation!!

denise

..thanks deez//.......this is looking better and better......

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I like to run around Back Cove in Portland, and then take the paved trail towards Commercial Street and run all the way to the bridge going into South Portland, and head back again. You're next to the water most of the time, and it's fun watching the tourists on Commercial! MTA: September is the perfect time to visit!
                ..thanks teresa//.........I'll be sure and wear my Vols Cap and a ''Vist Rock City'' Flowerdy Shirt so I can fit in if we hit Commercial.......... ok, just kiddin' (I can't find the shirt) sounds like a Great Spot to run..........

coastwalker

Hi Tom, Kevin is right - September is beautiful in Maine, and most of the summer folk have gone back home, so it isn't as crowded. Look up some of the races in Maine to see what's what. There is a terrific marathon/half marathon (the Sportshoe Maine Marathon in Portland, and there are many other terrific races. Any place along the coast will be beautiful and fun. Let us know when you'll be up this way, and where you wind up - maybe we can all have a party! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

thanks jay//........I have already agreed to drink CoalPorter Ale when I get there, so a Party would fit right in....... will keep you posted.

spacityrunner

<peeking> if there is a party to be in Maine, can I come too? I would love to run in Maine and a weekend in Sept. sounds just right.... perhaps it could include some of those lobsters that folks are always chatting about??? <slinking back="" out....=""></slinking></peeking>

Trails Rock!

dg.

I have no idea where to run in Maine, but hi tom white! Smile
                          yep runnin and dg are DEFINITELY invited.............if Maine has Lobster Nacho's I'm buying........

dg.

Big grin
                              wooohoooo!! september party in Maine --- good running, good friends, good food!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'm sure we can come up with lobster nachos. Actually lobsters are pretty cheap these days. Not good news for the guys that catch them, but great for those that eat them. I'd love to make it up there if and when you do, Tom (and, of course, Pickles, too). Keep us posted.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.