Masters Running

Masters' (and Friends!) Boston Marathon Par-Tay! (Read 38 times)

New skirt in town

It's on! Save the Sunday before Marathon Monday for some camaraderie, food, drink, and a respite from the hubbub of the Boston Marathon Expo, which is right across the street.  More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/796909227024022/

Sunday April 19, 2-4:00 PM, at the Lir, 903 Boylston Street, Boston, MA.

Par-tay favors, too!  I have many terrific Melanoma Foundation of New England cowbells for you to cheer your favorite runners on with!

This par-tay, food and drink is FREE for any friends and family, and friends of friends, and family of family, and friends of family.  You get the gist!  But everyone is also welcome to make a donation to the Melanoma Foundation of New England through my 2015 Boston Marathon Fundraiser.  I'm well on track to reach my goal of raising $26,200 for this terrific organization!  Learn more here: https://www.crowdrise.com/mfneboston2015/fundraiser/robintravers

Hope to see you all there!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

And as a corollary to the partay, don't forget the Somerville Shape up 5K at 11 the same morning.  Amy and I are signed up, and Henry and Marj have promised to attend.  LaTortuga (Kirsten) got it started and we hope will be able to be there, too.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

New skirt in town

I wish I could be at both events!  I have our Melanoma Foundation team Good Luck Brunch from 11-1 that day, so I won't be able to make the race.  But good luck to everyone there, and brava La Tortuga for getting the ball rolling!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

New skirt in town

I know that there aren't many in our contingent running Boston this year, but please feel free to let friends know about the party!  The more the merrier!

--Robin

Sayhey! MM#130

Will there be sun block at the party???

KEVIN!  I thought the race is at 10:30?

So Robin, see if you can get Billy or Joan to give you something Friday you can auction off for the Foundation. 

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

It starts at 11.  The 10:30 start is the kids fun run, (which you could also qualify for)   but a little early to pick up bibs would probably work.  I'm sure your chauffeurs will take that into account.

Sayhey! MM#130

Because I'm a kid at heart???

And I am way too left of center to let you get away with the chauffeurs comment.  I have my cowbell from last year and am not afraid to use it.  Near your ear, m'dear.

<<psst, sotto voice.....did you get to hear any of the opener??>>>

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

New skirt in town

There WILL be sunblock at the Par-tay!  In fact, I asked my local Neutrogena rep to get me some, and he held off until he could bring me their newly-launched line of Sport sunscreens.  He's delivering them today!  I may have some big bottles of sunscreen for you all!

And cowbells.

--RT

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, could we get a list of bib numbers for Boston, so we can track you guys?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Yes! We need numbers. (we can look them up)

I'll be at Centre St., Newton and looking for people. Or you can look for me.

The north-east corner of Comm Ave (30) and Centre St. in Newton. There's a faded do not enter sign at the carriage trail little side road.

So that's LEFT side, at about 19.9 miles.

So far I have

Nancy and her friend Stacey

Robin

Karin

Amy

and...

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

mrrun

Henrun and I will be about mile 22.5, about 1/2 mile after the turn onto Beacon Street - on your left while running!

let us know what colors you're wearing - makes our life easier - altho i could take an educated stab at Robin's!

mta: cny may be western MA blue

marj

mta: cny may be western MA blue

marj

That's right! The baby blue of the Western Mass Distance Project. We also have black shirts with our local sponsor printed on the back---Northampton Running Company, but I am thinking baby blue for Monday. I'll be looking for you Marj and Henry and last year, your cheers so lifted my spirits at just the right time.

Bib #13,463    Wave 2 starting at 10:25 and running after Amy yelling Wait for Me! Wait for me!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yes! We need numbers. (we can look them up)

I'll be at Centre St., Newton and looking for people. Or you can look for me.

The north-east corner of Comm Ave (30) and Centre St. in Newton. There's a faded do not enter sign at the carriage trail little side road.

So that's LEFT side, at about 19.9 miles.

So far I have

Nancy and her friend Stacey

Robin

Karin

Amy

and...

Craig--if you don't mind company, I may come and join you.  Henry and Marj sound like they may even be close enough to wander down and visit.  what's the scoop on what to bring?  They say no backpacks or coolers, but wondering if that's more for the finish?  Tough to hang out for the whole day without supplies of some sort.

mrrun

Craig--if you don't mind company, I may come and join you.  Henry and Marj sound like they may even be close enough to wander down and visit.  what's the scoop on what to bring?  They say no backpacks or coolers, but wondering if that's more for the finish?  Tough to hang out for the whole day without supplies of some sort.

it's only '3' miles, but the start of heartbreak hill to get home - and driving, altho we could do backroads, is not feasible.  we like being 1 block from bathroom, food, tv (to watch finish line), etc.  I think backpacks are ok in newton & brookline (don't quote me).  you're also welcome to join us!

C-R

I'm bib 10986 and also in wave 2.

Can't make the pah-tay Robin as I have Sox tickets for Sunday's game.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/