Masters Running

Saturday, May 31st Daily (Read 335 times)

Good morning. I will not put the cap letters on this morning. It is Saturday and many of you are sleeping in. Others of you are up but not really wanting a lot of loud chatter. I certainly can appreciate that. Sooo.......what's on your plan for the day? I hope it is productive, fun, and memorable. I have purposely turned down a couple of situations where people wanted to involve me, just to catch up on a few things that I have kept putting aside. Hopefully I will be wise and make use of the time. This IS the end of the month. These are the last miles that we will run for this month. Let us know what's happening. Update us on your injuries and how it is going. Give us an idea of running plans.....races you are committing to, etc. Heck, we even enjoy puppy, kitten, and family events reported (with pictures). HAVE...(oppps)......have a great day! Joey
    Vista

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! 6 recovery-paced miles today in a humid 71 degrees after storms all night – so far the warmest morning of the year, and it felt lovely. DH and I are building shelving in the garage today. He wants to do all the house projects together, so I can learn how to be handy around the house. Hmmmm. In the past, working together on these sorts of things have been, well, not so easy. We’ll see how it goes. He promised he won’t snap at me. Big grin Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Wow a new record for me, third to post ! I never post this early. No work today and I am going Kayaking later today so 3.2 very easy miles in very humid conditions. I am coming down with a pretty bad cold and since I am going on a trip tomorrow should take it easy but my paddles are calling me. I must say it is taking longer to get back to normal after my marathon than I expected. My run today was OK but I had to stop and stretch my left knee a few times. My calves feel much better but the Sproink is just not back yet. I will probably not get in as many runs next week because of all the driving but will try for a few. I like to run in new towns when I travel. Its kind of like my own little trip within a trip. I have been working on my next schedule and searching all the fall marathons looking for a nice one not to far away and with the bonus of meeting a few more RA people. I thought it would be Grand Rapids but all the Talk of people maybe meeting in Columbus has me thinking about that one also. Detroit is still on my short list but I may save that one for next year as it sounds a little more challenging. Have fast and safe runs today, Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

The Jogger

Morning Gang, thanks for starting us Joey, nice run Holly and Larry, I think you will turn into a marathon junkie Big grin I did a hilly trail today, stopped at 8 to drop woody off at the house and back out again, the last 4 were tough..... 12m 02:09:00 @ 10:45 pace AHR153 72%WHR Good runs All Roy

Renee the dog

Vista, Thanks for the start. I was slow out the door today for my last 3 mi of the month -- at a 10 min/mi pace. Renee and I enjoyed the heat and humidity and all the extra people here at the coast for the weekend. I smell like tequila, so 2 margaritas are 1 too many for me! Big news is my 4 yr old daughter is insisting on running around the block. I took her this time and she did 0.34 mi in 4:48! As she says when she comes back from each of these runs: "I'm so excited." I second that sentiment. Eliz, I know where Springfield is. I went to that big ol' high school on Sproul Road. Big grin Have a great race and I'll be looking for a race report!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Good Morning all, Nice running out there already. Humid here as well and these storms that are supposed to be on the way have yet to arrive---keep going north of us or just south. I decided to run today instead of bike. We have lots on tap---the kiddo and Mr. CNYrunner are at a trout fishing derby and then we have a little league doubleheader and a family movie date to see Indiana Jones. They'll love the action and I'll just gaze at Harrison Ford longingly. All good and I wanted to get the run out of the way. 4.3 miles at 8:45ish pace at 8:45 AM this morning---how's that for symmetry! Overcast, 65F and I felt good---light and steady. Great news about your daughter nonoruns. Excited indeed! Good luck with the shelves Holly! Good Saturday to all, CNYrunner
                8 miles plus a cooldown mile this morning...now off to work I go...
                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  The 7-mile tempo run continues to elude me and my crud-filled sinuses. I think I'm at the tail end of this cold/sinus infection/allergy thing/whatever, because most of the congestion is in my chest now, and about time. I even took half a benadryl last night to try to get some sleep that was uninterruped by coughing fits. Still, I'm proud of myself for slogging through 3.4 in the sticky 72 degrees this morning to achieve a new monthly mileage PR of 78.1 miles. I did 3.4 thinking it would make an even 78 for the month - can't even do simple arithmetic in my head when I'm running with asthma! I'm soooooo grateful that the orthotics seem to be doing the trick in terms of letting me increase mileage safely. The graph for the last three months is a beautiful upward-sweeping line that I hope to continue through the summer. Vista - thanks for getting us started so eloquently again. I, too, gave up some weekend stuff in order to get some things done at home. I'm into major excavation of junk and then some serious cleaning so I can head to the shore in a few weeks and not have to deal with clutter and (too much) dust when I make a few day trips home for school-related stuff during the summer. Holly - good luck with the couples restoration projects. Sounds tricky to me. If he gets to teach you how to be more "handy," does that mean you can expect him to cook, do laundry, etc. Wink Hallar - happy kayaking. I'm sorry not be paddling this weekend, but looking forward to floating 3-4 days a week starting in, oh, about 14 school days! Nono - wow, you went to high school about 4 miles from me. I'm a Sun Valley girl - and I still learned to read and write! Super-cool about your daughter wanting to run and loving it so much. CNY - yep, there's still something just so sigh-inducing about Harrison Ford, isn't there? Smile Happy weekend, all - off to begin the excavation and clearning marathon, eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

5 Wonderful easy miles w/DW Smile It fit nicely in between thunder storms, perfect timing Cool Nice to get out and celebrate good health after a depressing funeral yesterday. Sad Everyone have a great weekend!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

King of PhotoShop

Okay, another milestone, my first 35-mile week and it felt very good. Just 4.4 easy (9:18's), half on the dirt and half on the cement walkway. Like Gordon, I have to do work today, stuff I postponed during the week, but because I am self-employed and work alone, I really make no distinction between weekends and weekdays, taking off when I feel like and working when I feel like. On Saturdays with everyone hanging around it's kind of fun to stay at home and work in my office. Gonna be a hot one here in TX today. Glad I got finished early. Spareribs
                        Dave59 bad backs run in my family so I sympathize with your plight. I hope the PT works. Mariposai nice hill workout yesterday. Teresadfp congrats on yesterday's new double digit PR distance. enkephalin nice interval workout yesterday and yes I bet you are getting faster! evanflein Holly and I may both be light by typical standards. But, boy was it hard getting here and is it ever hard staying here too! Dead I guess you knew all that. Wink Tallrunner, ok you are nuts signing up for that XC race this soon! Have fun. Mariposai when confronted with the choice of insensitive jerk or moron typically the answer is moron. So I am guessing the guy who wrote the letter is just too stupid to realize how insulting it is. Add to that he has no idea if his firm in hiring THE person that will excel in the position. Geez does he have some sort of crystal ball instead of the close to informationless impression people get from a short interview with a job candidate? deez4boyz Garmin not working! Shocked That would pretty much put an end to my running! wildchild yep I am pretty stupid. What can I say? The HM is really just a tune up race not a do my best race. Nice hill run. You think 60° is hot? Good thing you live up above the tree line. Wink Roy C nice long run with hills today. lyndenrunner glad to see I am not the only idiot dedicated professional working today. Wink eliz4015 nice tempo run. My PT seems to want me to try orthotics. Nice to see that they may actually be helpful. Spareribs congrats on hitting the 35 mile mark for the week. Does that mean you will soon be joining the 40/40 thread? Not sure why I am posting today. I did some time in the gym but nothing aerobic or with my legs. Just resting prior to tomorrow's race. The major downside is that I have to arrive at around 7am for the 8am start in Simsbury due to when they close the roads and race day registration. Worse, I live nearly 2 hours from there! Ok, if I wake up at 4:45am and have everything ready and waiting and the car packed with my stuff can I make on to the roads by 5? Then if a fly starts in Simsbury and travels at 50 mph . . . oh never mind. Clowning around

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

We did a small 5k today at the local elementary school. It was an inaugural event for them, and went very smoothly. The kids were all so excited, and they had a great live band. The only downside was that the course was very hilly and it was kinda warm. But that's OK - it was a good workout. I don't seem to have too much motivation to run fast on my own, so these periodic races get me moving. My time was far from a PR at 27:17, but it was good for first in the 50+ female age group. Not sure how many of us old ladies were there, but there were 300+ runners and I finished 59th overall. Hope your projects go well today, Holly.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Spareribs that is a nice week, way to go! 7 mile easy recovery run in humid conditions today. Thankfully it was breezy as well.
                              I haven't posted my runs in a long time, but Vista's cordial intro did the trick. I only did 4.2 today,around the hills of Fayetteville, followed by a mile swim. Then I was going to do my yoga class, but just couldn't drag myself back to the gym. Mileage for month is 73.9. I was hoping to get YTD to 400 by end of May, but I'm only at 389.9... Maybe I'll get in 900 before Dec. 31st! Holly, good luck w/ the shelves..You're a better woman than me if you can work w/ your DH! Larry, love your trip w/in a trip concept! Roy, nice run on a hilly trail - woo hoo! Nono - how great is that that your 4 year old is getting into running! CNY, I've been out of the loop so long, I don't know who your avatar is? lyndenrunner - what a bummer to work on Saturday.. Eliz - congrats on great mileage this month! Sarge - I know it was a difficult funeral... Spareribs - so proud to see you going strong again! twocat - good luck on your race tomorrow!

Top 'O the World!

Good Morning folks!! Smile beautiful am here on the Front Range...... 0700 60*F/42% H 5 easy paced miles w/Mairead & the TNT group on the Highline Canal! OMG! are there some BIG beautiful houses in there! Have a GREAT weekend everybody! Wink
                                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group