Masters Running

A long time goal finally acheived (Read 201 times)

U.M.W.B

I went out to run this morning with the intention of running a 6.5 mile loop, I felt pretty good after 6.5 miles, so I pushed on to 8.5,  after 8.5 miles I still felt pretty good, and my long time unfulfilled goal of running 10 miles was dangling there in front of me,

I couldn't resist it so on I went.........

10 miles Finally! Big grin 

The pace was real slow, the first 7 miles I averaged a 11:30 per mile time, I slowed up a bit and I finished with a 11:56 per mile average. 

My next goal is a 1/2 marathon,  Maybe the next Avenue of the Giants Wink

Jim

U.M.W.B

Tramps

Very cool; congratulations!  Keep it up.

We usually have a "daily thread" where folks post what's happening that day.  You should try posting this sort of thing there so everyone will get to see it!  (Today's is titled "TGIF July 22 -- Stay Cool Folks")

Be safe. Be kind.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

very good!

steph  

Mariposai

I went out to run this morning with the intention of running a 6.5 mile loop, I felt pretty good after 6.5 miles, so I pushed on to 8.5,  after 8.5 miles I still felt pretty good, and my long time unfulfilled goal of running 10 miles was dangling there in front of me,

I couldn't resist it so on I went.........

10 miles Finally! Big grin 

The pace was real slow, the first 7 miles I averaged a 11:30 per mile time, I slowed up a bit and I finished with a 11:56 per mile average. 

My next goal is a 1/2 marathon,  Maybe the next Avenue of the Giants Wink

Jim

Jim, this is great!!!

You have so much time to train for the Ave! 

Please post often!

This site is your best cheer leading group!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Yay! - Great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Congratulations on that!  I clearly remember my first 10-mile run - it was such a mental hurdle for me to get over, and once I did, I experienced other great breakthroughs.  Mostly a matter of self-confidence and the 10-miler was the nail in the coffin of doubt.