Masters Running

Poor Woody (Read 49 times)

Roy C

Hi Guys

I hope some of you will remember me from Cool Running days and early transfer to RA days on here.  If you do, you will remember my running buddy and best friend my Golden Retriever 'Woody'. Sadly I had to have Woody put to sleep today, he was 13 years and 8 months so he had a good innings (all that running) but I will miss him. Unfortunately, I don't run much today but I do keep fit on my bike including my classic Brompton.

I hope you are all keeping well.

Roy

TammyinGP

Of course I remember you and your pal, woody! I have thought of you several times over the years. I'm sorry to hear you had to put Woody down. I've had to do that a few times as well. It's never easy even knowing that it's for the best and time is right. I know you will always cherish the wonderful life you had together though and the good memories will prevail!

Tammy

SteveP

Actually, I've missed you Roy, and was wondering how you've been doing recently. I am very sorry to hear about Woody. He was lucky to have you around.

SteveP

Roy, I've thought of you and Woody many times and wondered what you were up to.  I'm sorry to hear about Woody.  We had to put down two cats earlier this year and it's tough.  Don't be a stranger.

TomS

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Roy.  Thanks for letting us know.  I certainly do remember Woody. It's a tough choice, but you've got almost 14 years of great memories.  We lost our Golden, Max, almost two years ago and I still miss him.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Welcome back, Roy. Lots of other bikers here and dove even rides a Brompton! Feel free to drop in any time.

Sorry to hear about Woody, too.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey Roy--I did not know you back when you were posting regularly, but I know you have popped in a couple of times during my time here.   I'm sorry to hear about Woody and I think it's really cool that you thought enough of these people that you wanted to let them know the news.  Take care.

Roy C

Thanks all so much for taking the time to reply, I feel woody was as much a part of cool.running as I was and we did have a few.laughs about his name when the American interpretation was explained to me.  I do miss him.

King of PhotoShop

Good to hear from you Roy, but sorry for such unhappy circumstances. All of us remember you well.  Very sorry for your loss also. Glad to see you are still in good health and running. Stay in touch.   Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Roy - so nice to see you again, but I am so sorry about Woody.  It is so tough to lose our furry friends.  I do hope you will stay in touch - we miss you around here.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Roy, so sorry to hear about Woody. It's just so hard when our four-legged friends need to go. I've wondered how you were doing too, and used to love hearing about your outings with him. Please stop by every now and then. Glad to hear you're staying active, whether biking, running or whatever. RIP dear Woody, you will be missed.

Sayhey! MM#130

Aw.  Sorry.

I just posted a little note over on the 2000 miles forum about my greyhounds, who both have moved on to something greyter, as they deserved.  Hope the hole in your heart heals up in time.  And yes, stay around if you're inclined to do so.  Who's so fussy about running/biking/walking/hiking, etc.?

........and we got Tag.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Tramps

Aw, always sad to lose a good dog but I know Woody had a good run.

Glad to hear from you!

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

Roy, good to see you again, and very sorry to hear about your buddy, Woody.   Please post some pictures of Woody for us when you get a chance.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Roy C

Roy, good to see you again, and very sorry to hear about your buddy, Woody.   Please post some pictures of Woody for us when you get a chance.

Gosh, it's hard to forget how friendly this place is, we spent many a happy time on here, thanks for your thoughts and here he is

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/ly1bp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2sbn7yb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/wcb9n8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/wcb9n8.jpg[/IMG]

I tried :-(