Masters Running

Friday January 16 Only-9-Weeks-Till-Spring Runs (Read 436 times)

Slo

Come on Tammy. Join the Geek Crew. Buy it! Geek Bill
    Tammy You only think you don't need it ! I've been known to bag runs because I forgot to put it on the charger.

The Jogger

Go on Tammy, you won't regret it, honest to God....
        Come on Tammy....boost the economy! Thanks to Aamos for coming out of lurking and telling an encouraging story. Sorry to hear about your other friend getting shocked repeatedly. Well, not much going on here...feeling sluggish without any caffeine. And some hot flashes last night...what don't tell me i'm perimenopausal now? Going out tonight with a girlfriend, which should help cheer me up. I'm sure those were Canadian geese that brought the plane down.....always blame Canada I say.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild and Ileneforward Angry High today in SW CT is 17°! Dead

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

spacityrunner

No run today, but found a few minutes to post... Message to bregerbyll: Hey, I just realized your doing the Miami 1/2. MEEEEE TOOOOOO....don't know what your schedule is like but I will be in town from 1-21 to 1-27...if you want send me a message at lizisindc at yahoo dot com and maybe we can meet up when I am there. I am running too slow to even think about running a mile with you but it would be nice to meet you in person. Back to your regularly scheduled program..... Oh yea, buy it Tammy

Trails Rock!

dg.

Good job by you and your Woody, Jogger! Rest well now. Smile Its a chilly 78 degrees here right now, but for my run last night it was 6 miles in a brisk 75 degrees.
              i'm so happy for you i really am. i'm just feeling a wee bit grouchy. no connection.

King of PhotoShop

Bill, if you two can figure out the logistics, you just have to go out for dinner or something with liz (runningindc). She is great fun, doesn't drink much and a fascinating woman. Roy, I got a kick out of that run with Woody. Not having been a dog person for very long I enjoy these short runs with Lucy, our Sheltie pup. She trots along for about 3 miles or so, tugging on that leash as if she hasn't a care in the world and it's all a piece of cake, while I am behind her gagging my lungs out. But when we get home, who sleeps all day? She lies on the floor like she has been hit with a brick. Some condition dogs are in huh? Spareribs
                  "bregerbyll: Hey, I just realized your doing the Miami 1/2. MEEEEE TOOOOOO"
                  Count on it Liz. I'll send you a note once I get my schedule figured out. Probably Saturday or after the HM on Sunday. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

munchkn883

Managed to get in 2 miles....it was freezing!
                    wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, it's close to 60 degrees here! Shocked I went for a wonderful 5 miles around the golf course in shorts and tee shirt. I'm sorry for all of you who are running in frigid conditions. However, I take exception to the thread title, 9 weeks till spring. It won't be spring at my house till the end of May. Sad At least it'll be spring in the flatlands where I work much sooner than that - like today! Wink Leslie, hope you feel better soon! You too, Tim. Craneium, good to hear your dad's doing better. Enke, why no caffeine?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

caffiene and heart arrythmias don't get along well at all Cry In my case beer doesn't either and giving up my 2-3 a month has seemed more painful than giving up my daily cup of coffee. CryCry

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

caffiene and heart arrythmias don't get along well at all Cry In my case beer doesn't either and giving up my 2-3 a month has seemed more painful than giving up my daily cup of coffee. CryCry
                          for enke though, it apparently calms the arrythmia to be surrounded by firemen, so Enke - I'm sure the firehouse wouldn't mind a visit from you periodically. . . all in the name of a healthy heart of course. . . .Wink

Tammy

i'm mourning the loss of chocolate more than anything Cry

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

#artbydmcbride

Being surrounded by firemen will fix anything that ails ya. Smile

Runners run

xor

Being surrounded by firemen will fix anything that ails ya. Smile
                                nuh uh. I'm not that kind of boy.