Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 8.11.14 (Read 36 times)

Just a quick fly by post.  Sorry, all.  I did read the dailies.  Yes, even the limited details about enkephalin's crush!  Very sweet.  I hope it works out.

As for me it was 8 easy.  It started with Zombielecks but got interrupted by some rude chick calling to say hi on my cell phone.  What could I do but yack away with her?  All right, all right yes that is way better than listening to music occasionally interrupted by announcements that a bunch of imaginary zombies are 100 meters away.  Geez, what is with this honesty business?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Have I told you how much I love you guys??   Really you are all so amazing not just as runners but as people who give so generously!!

Ok - enough mush --- I ran 14.2 much later in the morning than I should have and not enough evening fuel on board.   I had a pt that kept me 1:1 most of the day yesterday and just didnt get in what I needed for 14 miles.  I also let myself sleep in late and wanted to get to 9am mass which meant I started my long run close to 10am -- not smart!!  Oh well, the temps kept my pace low where I wanted it, but heart rate was a little high and more walk breaks than I would have liked -- also underestimated how much fluid I would need and had to stop to buy a water and refill my 2 fuel bottles I was carrying.... eh, another lesson learned and another long run in the books even if it wasn't pretty!!

Again - love you all but no shout-outs, I am going to bed EARLY!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  It was a scheduled off day, tonight...and DW twisted my arm and made me go out for dinner.  I have two church meetings, this week, that are going to make getting in my runs pretty hard...but I'll do what I can.

I cannot believe the news about Robin Williams...very sad.

Okay--that's really all I've got...it's already bedtime.  See ya!

Mariposai

Quick post here since I have the house to myself for the next 3 hours and I am going to enjoy the quietness and just be.

6 smile miles this morning.

Spareribs, you are texting Holly as you are running with the Saint .

RE: Francesca's 6 days at the Dome run. Here is what she posted on Facebook today.

Three months ago I got diagnosed with cancer and major surgery followed.
          Yesterday I completed my first post surgery race and I covered over 300 miles. Every step I took in the Dome for the entire 6 days was a celebration of life. 
          Thank you to all the fellow runners, aid station workers, race people and everybody involved who made it such a special place, and thank you to all the friends who followed and supported from afar.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

As for me it was 8 easy.  It . . . got interrupted by some rude chick calling to say hi on my cell phone.  What could I do but yack away with her?

I used to like you but now you're getting more loathsome than Spareribs .

I had to be running in a 100K and get lost before I could get a goddess call.

uhmm, I got the other one after getting lost in Eugene.

thank you so much Nancy.

Oh francesca, that's probably some 600,000 grateful steps

I covered over 300 miles.

Every step I took in the Dome for the entire 6 days was a celebration of life

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

I didn't realize Franc had that cancer diagnosis. She and Stevie Ray are amazing....

Tet, that's a pretty strong word. Might want to rethink that one....

So.... taper mode continues. Sort of. 5.1 miles at a nice and easy pace today after work, in 80° temps. Beautiful day, and if the typical afternoon thunderstorm dampened anyone's day, it happened far to the west of us. Legs were a little tired feeling today though, and my right foot has a toe issue that's pretty  annoying. I think I'll take tomorrow off.. a rest day before a marathon (well, one of two since Friday will be one as well), isn't a bad idea.

SteveP

I'm sorry the heat was tough, Jay.

Some folks just live heroic lives deep inside the ordinary, every day.

Sounds like a grand plan TomS.

"Tweaked" is survivable BTY.

I agree about Mr. Williams, MikeE.

Thanks for sharing the FB post, Mariposai.

My younger brother had been staying with us for the last nine days. I loaned him a nice chunk of change. I told him that he could stay with us until he started getting aggressive. DW was kicking the crap out of me under the table. Wednesday, he got his cash. After that, things began to fall apart. I gave a few bucks to panhandlers and that set him off. Thursday, I picked up a hitchhiker. Saturday was tough. I went to work on his version of the Sabbath. DW watched TV. I didn't cancel my appointment with an oncologist nor quit taking my meds. DW had a glass of wine. Sunday, he didn't come out of the spare room.That's extremely passive/aggressive.  Though my boss wanted me to stay late, I left work on time in order to get him out before DW got home. Thankfully, he was gone. All he left was a letter referencing how much he hated me and it would be better if I hate him as well. I'm disappointed, but expected nothing less and was prepared for a lot more. I'm very thankful for this outcome. DW and I took the dog out for a few miles and reflected on the events. Thank you for the encouragement and advice.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Steve}}}  But I am also relieved he has moved on.  What's going on with the oncologist?

That Francesca is amazing! But so are all of the rest of you, too......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Very sorry about your brother, Steve.

What's going on with the oncologist?

Now...what is going on with this?

SteveP

In the beginning of July, I had a physical. DW and I addressed pain issues with my doctor. Two days later got a phone call from the doctor telling me that I have an appointment with the oncologist third week in August. Personally I think it is a fishing trip. However, the best place to start somewhere.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

I do remember you mentioning that, now. When will you get some results?