Masters Running

Labor Day Mondaily, 9.4.23 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' Masters.

Belated Congrats to KSa and Dave for your very fine 15K racing on Saturday. Congrats on your AG win, KSA!

Nice 3-miler to start the day, Deeze, after a stress-relieving Peleton workout and some upper body work the night before.

Nice 10-miler trail run on Saturday, Doug, and a 42-mile ride yesterday before the heat hit.

Good 3.5 mile recovery run, KSA.

Good 6-miler, Professor Joe - will that morph to PJ? Happy 75th and retirement to your brother.

Nice 5-miler, Mariposai. I'm glad you're having a good visit with the McSolars.

Good weight work, Matt (no titles...).

What a wonderful write-up of the unexpected joys of moving up to 11, Tet. Congrats to you and your DW on having a new outlook on life and the life around you.

Good "nothing hurt" 5-miler, Moebo.

I am also impressed that you ran a 15-mile race, Dave! I hope you enjoyed the rest day are are recovered from the race.

Good 11-miler with the FOGGS, sub7. I hope you didn't burn up at the BBQ.

What a great photo of Marj & Henry! And it sounds like a good time in RI.

Good post-dinner walk with DW, Doug.

Good work on the trailer with a wine chaser, Tammy.

On Saturday, with our weekend guests in tow, we drove to Mt. Agamenticus near Ogunquit, Maine to do some hiking. The trails we chose involved more climbing that we anticipated, but we still had a good time, and went just shy of 4 miles. We had dinner reservations for that night, but we all like to cook so we canceled the reservations and ate at home, starting with a grilled shrimp cocktail with a horseradish sauce, and then scallops with a 'herbatious' sauce on top of a bit of avocado puree, and then peach and guagillo chili galette with some vanilla ice cream. With the wine we consumed, it would have easily been a $50 per person meal at a restaurant. Maybe we should have tipped ourselves...

We took our guests out to breakfast yesterday morning, and then they headed back to NJ. These are the folks who are moving to NM for 6 months, so we'll see them next in Las Cruces for Thanksgiving. After they left, DW and I went out out for a nice 3.3 mile walk.

My seasonal allergies hit me harder than they have in a few years, starting on Thursday. I've added to the joy by developing a summer cold on top of that. Maybe my body's way of telling me to slow down? So I slept late (4:50) this morning, and then went out for 5.25 EZ miles starting in some darkness and finishing in daylight. I have to do some yard work today, but I will be taking it easy.

Have a greta Labor Day Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

bioguy

Excellent recap Jay.

I drove to the park and ran a 1.5 mile warmup and then a 5 x 1k with a 400 meter rest in between. It wasn't quite as hot as I expected.

At 3 pm today I have a meeting for lab instructors at the college; they don't take Labor Day off (students or staff). Tomorrow I just have one class of ninth graders; the rest of the students begin Wednesday.

Henrun

Greata recap Jay. Take care of yourself and REST when you can.

2 miles of walking this morning accompanied by Marj who had just finished a longer walk with a friend.

Low key day today before we head up to Salem Ma tomorrow for lunch with friends and a museum.

Excellent recap, Jay, and your meal sounds wonderful. We’re in the car on the way home now.  4.1 miles this morning for my final Charleston run.  I’ll catch up more when I’m back to a real computer.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Thanks for the great recap Jay!!

No alarm and slept until almost 7am!! Felt great!!

45 minutes on the Peloton, 3.1 mile run, 1.1 mile walk/jog, 15 min core strength for runners, 10 minute stretch - need more stretching!!

Now heading out with dh for a beer and a bite!!

HAPPY MONDAY!!

denise

TammyinGP

Happy Labor Day Monday!  And I hope all those still working are getting a day off Smile  And if not, I hope you have a good days at work to start out the september work week.

Got in 4 miles this morning but my legs were sure lead like. No sproink whatsoever.  Must have been that glass of wine with dinner.

Tammy

Mariposai

Happy Labor day dear friends. I hope you are having a relaxing day.

We are back home today to buckets full of over ripen tomatoes and grapes in our yard. After pushing my butterfly 🦋 wings up and dawn Kermel grade,  6 miles total,  I am getting ready now to start making marinera sauce. I just love this time of the year where garden crops are bountiful.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks.  I had such plans for this weekend, so many home chores, since DH and I had no actual plans.  Unfortunately I seem to have come down with what feels like a flu - fever, chills, headache, nausea - and have spent most of my time in bed or on the sofa.  Black.  At least I didn't have to call in sick to my new job- one saving grace!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jay, do you actually know how to take it easy?  As far as you sleeping in late, on race days I'm up at 5:30, almost an hour later than your sleeping late.  Good 5.25 miles as long as your hamstring doesn't complain.

Karen, good 4.1 miler, you beat me by 1/10 of a mile, lol

TammyinGP,  I understand how you feel which is why I try not to imbibe before a run day, but still I fail...  4 miles is still a good run.

Mariposai, 6 miles is one of the longer runs today, congrats!

Today I went out with Tyler for a pace run (4 miles in 32 minutes) which is what we want to maintain for the upcoming HM. Hmmm, we'll see how that goes.Thank goodness we have some time to tweak our runs. Have a great week all!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks for the start and recap Jay,

I got relatively poor sleep last night...I suspect it was the sangria we had with dinner. Ended up waking up and getting up multiple times and then cat napping between 1 & 6 AM. As a result I was not really interested in running this AM which probably reason I stayed in bed till 7.

Anyway I dragged myself out of bed and did an hour of dumbbells and core/stretching exercises to ease the muscles. Then went out the door around 8 AM for a run... basically my attitude was to see how far I would run. I started out with the plan to do 3 miles if I was able to get even that far. I was debating at 1 mile to do only 2. Haha

I then started at each turnaround convincing myself to go a little bit further. So I ended up doing 6.3 miles in the warm humid 75F temps of North Cape May. Fortunately I had nice breeze and partly cloudy skies and lots of company so it turned out to be a good run.

Shout out to the woman walking dogs with her husband who said keep going". (I must have really looked bad at mile 2. Haha)

Enjoy the holiday.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

And now I must confess,
                        I could use some rest.
                        I can't run at this pace very long. (Jimmy Buffett)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Shout out to the woman walking dogs with her husband who said keep going". (I must have really looked bad at mile 2. Haha)

Shadow - or when they try to cheer you up when you're already at The Wall after four or five, six hours of running with "lookin' good!"

Even though the clouds and drizzling has returned, DW's got Salonpases on her neck from lookin' out the window anyway that we had to switch the dining table from the sideways view we both had north and south, respectively, to her straight on west and I can do either side looking north or south but lookin' at how happy she is is way more fun.  In fact, even though I'm in charge of getting the coffee going, breakfast, etc. in the mornings, it's been tips of a big sirloin steak she cooked up the other day, eggs and potatoes that I'm pretty sure I've eaten once in my life a long time ago for a steak and eggs breakfast just to see what it was like.  I think I like it.  I hope it lasts long enough so we don't have move again. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Back to running after a week off to rest the PF.

30 minute run, which came out to be about 3.5 miles. PF ached a little at first but didn't notice it after a mile. Feels fine right now, 30 minutes after the run. I guess I'm on the mend.

Good job on the 25 miler, Karen!

I wish I did your workout Bio, instead of an ez 30 minutes.

Waiting for the sequel; How Tammy Got Her Sproink Back

way to keep talking yourself into more more more Joe

Tet, I read about your move and the view, congrats! And now you're eating like a medieval king, life is good!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Thanks, Bill.  It was only 15, though!  

TammyinGP

Well, I managed to finish up my travel trailer detailing today.  Not sure I would say that I got my sproink back but I forced myself to finish it so I wouldn't have it still lingering on my to-do list.

I'll be glad to go back to work tomorrow so that I'm not working as hard as I have been the last couple days.  Well, a different kind of work I should say. sitting at my desk, drafting up legal arguments. Not the manual labor work I've been doing for two days that has left me exhausted.

Tammy