Masters Running

FRIDAY, Sept. 19 runs and such (Read 437 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Shiver me timbers has no one run yet tis morning? Add me to that list as I took one more rest day just. Feeling better but didn't lay out the right clothes for such chilly Michigan morning. Ribs will be havin' me walk the plank for sure. Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary – I was up but I was still laughing my way through yesterday’s daily thread. 2.45 miles for me today – my usual day-before-race shakedown run, just long enough to start feeling good right when I stop. Weather forecast for tomorrow’s HM is lovely: 55 at the start and partly cloudy. Just hoping for a 10:00 pace and a good time. I’m hoping to take off work an hour early to get my packet and browse the expo – AF Marathon/HM has a nice expo. Hoping I might find some s-caps or enlyten strips. Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The Jogger

Morning Girls and the rest of yaWink Holly good luck tomorrow, Mary enjoy that rest... Yesterday's thread, was a blast...... Went out with MrsRoy and the dog, yes my Woody, first 3 miles with them then last 2 solo so it turned into a progression run 11:42/138, 12:14/133, 11:57/135, 08:31/169, 07:57/171 overall average pace10:29/146 Good runs All Roy
          Today's a scheduled 3 miler, but I'm going to visit evryothrday at his place. This is his first year in college. Mrsday and myself will be leaving shortly.... DW got a big care packet together for him and his roommates. I made the mention a few days ago how I rarely post on the daily without a run. Well....nevermind! Evryone, enjoy the day!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #3309

Top of the morning to everyone Smile...and TGIF Mary, you ought to be well rested for your runs this weekend, huh?...yeah, your going to here about it from the old grumpy guy. Good luck at your race Holly...and have fun Smile. I have tried the Enlyten strips off and on, and think I like S-Caps a lot better. During running, I find it hard to pull those little strips out of their little container. Yeah, I am still laughing about yesterdays daily also....that was a big hoot, and broke up some of the tension that was building up with a few folks. Steve, sounds like you may be back...I truly hope so for you my Friend. I miss Bill already...hope you come back soon Smile. 7 easy miles for me in 1:02.25 - 8:55 ave pace. No heel or feet pain at all which I am so thankful for this close to my Marathon. Like I told Ribs last night, the only thing I changed were my shoes. I need to call my running shoe store and thank Tom Miller, the running tech that spent sooo much time with me trying to "get it right"...super swell - patient guy. I also have to admit my heel and foot pain was a lot worse than I let on...I didn't want to here for me to stop running. Some of my runs were ran with tears in my eyes when I started running, and finishing. That's why it is so great that new shoes made the pain go away, even with Weds long run and track workout. Well, 30 mile weekend coming up, and going to bed super early tonight so I can start my 20 plus miler earlier than normal to beat the anticipated heat...I am sick of running in hot weather. Well, back to the hot tub with Tammy, and topless Carolyn Big grin...by the way Carolyn, nice race for you and liked you RR. Funny about your Insurance guy. I manage a collision center and State Farm is the best and easiest Ins Co I deal with...but they are all rotten Roll eyes Have a great day all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

The Jogger

Tim, good to hear you're well on the mend or even mended..... Roy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Avast ye land lubbers! Have ya no respect for the day's nat'l holiday? http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tim said: "I am sick of running in hot weather."
                  Awww. Where's my violin? Roll eyes Ya know, I had a really good tempo run yesterday as my F.I.R.S.T. trial week continued with test Day 2 of 3. And none of you commented on it at all. Confused Oh wait. That's right. I was sulking ... Anyway, my childish moment has passed. Thanks to everyone who posted replies in my sulking thread. They were all thoughtful and considered. 5 easy miles this morning in 46 minutes. Dark Horse you're a prince. I appreciated the Daws comment you posted for me about this F.I.R.S.T training program I'm reading about. But it's really too bad because I don't think this program would be appropriate for you. You need something a little more liberal than this conservative plan. (Copyright 2008 the Wise One). Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

morning everybody, Mary, I'm glad you're feeling better. thanks for starting us-- Happy tlap day Smile. Denise, how's your back? evryday, have a nice visit. I've been sick since Tuesday, a cut back week so perfect timing. Big grin. I forget if I posted anything. Monday was an hour of prehab & other things. Tuesday 3.61 miles, average pace 9:15, max 7:27, then the weight machines etc. It's been quite a week around here! Still feel awful but much better, so I just had a short run. 3.06 miles, 10:03 average pace. max was 8:57. ahr 167, max 181. then just reverse crunches & stretches. it sure felt good. mta: Bill, I'm glad you're back. mary... I thought about this special day last month, & even earlier this week, then forgot this morning until I saw your post. good thing there's someone keeping us on track. now, where's TW?
                      Morning, all! Mary - nothing wrong with taking another rest day - you've earned it! {{{{{{{{{{{dg}}}}}}}} - sorry to hear you are sick - wishing you a speedy recovery!! Roy - nice progression run - you were really smokin' on your last split! Rest day for me. Unfortunately I still woke up at the usual 4:50 and couldn't go back to sleep. Drats! DH and I are catching the train to Philly this afternoon - my first time on Amtrak, and I'm looking forward to the adventure. I think we'll get in too late to visit the Expo tonight, but we'll hit it hard tomorrow. Everybody have a great weekend, and best of luck to all of our weekend racers!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Sue, best of luck in your Philly HM! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Hill Runner

Good morning gang, Bill, I'll be watching your F.I.R.S.T. plan with interest. Cooler weather has settled in here & hopefully it will stay a while. This is the 5th consecutive day of running for me...something that I haven't done in a long time....well over 40 miles for the week. 8.68 miles of hills @ 9:01 pace. I went a little longer than I planned to this morning but I figured why stop when I was feeling so good. Enjoy the cool weather everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Aaarrrrgh hopeful I'm on board. No run for me today so may have to walk the plank. Sleep won that debate today. And for the baseball haters the Cubs magic number is down to 2!!
                              Just popping in on a rest day to say, "hi, Bill". Glad you are here. First day off after 10 days in a row of running. It felt good to sleep in.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

King of PhotoShop

Oh my. Where do I start? All right, first a definition: anyone know what a slugfest is? In baseball it's a term used when two teams run up the score. But here on the daily it also means a person who takes several days off from running and sleeps in when she should be out there pounding the pavement. I am not mentioning any names of course. Bill, no worries. If you hadn't posted today I was going to read your run on Kick and rewrite it here anyway. I too enjoyed the laughfest of yesterday's thread. It has been quite a while since we have let go just a bit. You are an enormously fun group of people to be with. Clearly that doesn't include all of you, as some of you are pretty much losers. I don't like to name names, but for a list of those I am referring to, click here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/ba9b4551328745b689a933d834028743 Headed out to walk. I feel fine today but I want to run tomorrow at the lake, so today will be a walk only. I'll be like a dog fighting a leash. Spareribs