Masters Running

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon 2016 (Read 51 times)

Dave59

I am 99 and 53/100 % sure I am in. I'll be far from marathon ready so the half it will be. Let me know what you find for a house. I'll join if you need people.

At least if you run the half you should be able to finish before the race is called due to the heat. 

At least if you run the half you should be able to finish before the race is called due to the heat. 

Don't be a party pooper Dave. You moved to a warmer climate so you must be used to heat and humidity by now  You know you don't want to miss this year - come on up!!

So glad you're coming Slo!

And Holly? Yes, there is parking available but you have to find the right spots as the course pretty much surrounds Lambeau Field, which is where the start/finish is located. I can help you with that as it gets closer. The Packers have bought up a lot of property around the stadium and have torn down all of the old buildings. These are now surface lots for parking which helps take some of the pressure off trying to find a parking spot that's not a mile away.  Another option is for my DH to offer "Uber" service. He usually drops me off, then finds some place to park and take pictures. We could probably squeeze 4 or 5 folks in the back of his car for a SHORT ride

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne - that sounds like a good idea. The rentals that are close to the field are pretty steep in price, and so I am looking a little farther out (but not too far).  Even if we could get dropped off within a few blocks of the start that would be great.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Amy - what about this one?  Only a half-mile walk to the start/finish, and very reasonable.

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3827168

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Love it!  And 2.5 baths is really really good.  Not to mention:

-We have a large patio equipped with a fire pit! Firewood is included at NO additional charge!

-We also have multiple grills that come with charcoal and lighter fluid also at NO additional charge!

Let's hope it is cool enough to use the fire pit!

Let's hope we can cook on the grills!  with the free charcoal and lighter fluid!

Will we talk like this all weekend?!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

Holly, you deserve a red carpet for your find

Image result for super star

Marathon Maniac #957

And it also has::

-Enclosed outside Party Pad, equipped with TV and Bar!  (I'm thinking more about sitting outside with coffee in the morning or sitting outside in the evening and not having to fight the skeeters).

-FREE WiFi

And it apparently sleeps 8, so we could squeeze extras in.

So, we're booked!

evanflein

Holly, it looks great... especially if you're a Packers fan. What are the dates you booked? We might be interested, but would need to leave right after the race to drive to Minneapolis.

Marathon Maniac #957

I booked for 5/20 to 5/23 - Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.  I'm wondering where they sleep the 8 people, though.  The bedroom on the ground floor has two beds, a queen and a twin, and the second bedroom is apparently the finished basement, not sure how many beds they put down there.  Still, it's cheap and close and has a full kitchen, and us runner folks don't mind squeezing in - this is way better than the 4-to-a-hotel-room I have done in the past....

Sayhey! MM#130

Plus you and I are a tad on the short side....... 

ps: how gauche of me--make that carpet green and gold, and put a Wheaties box in your hand!

ps: how gauche of me--make that carpet green and gold, and put a Wheaties box in your hand!

Yeah, I was noticing all of the Packer stuff and was thinking Mike definitely would not stay in that place! Hope they take some of it out for you folks - that's a little overkill I think. Did they give you a street name Holly? I just looked at the main map but it looks to be maybe 4-5 blocks from the race start. Great find!

And Aamos? The 'skeeters usually aren't too bad in May

Slo

- that's a little overkill I think.

Seriously ?  I was thinking it was just a decent start.

BTW Jlynne, We ate at Burkel's One Block Over Saturday night. We ended up having all 6 of our meals comp'd. We were sitting in front of the kitchen door and I think several of the wait staff was having issues from the bickering we could hear.

Sayhey! MM#130

Jlynne, was I complaining about skeeters when we were in the Cities?  'Cuz Minnesota skeeters are mammals, they're so huge....

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne, was I complaining about skeeters when we were in the Cities?  'Cuz Minnesota skeeters are mammals, they're so huge....

I heard that you have to bring a tennis racquet to fend them off....

Some say that they are the state bird of Minnesota.

btw, I agree that that room is a overkill with the Packer stuff. Don't know if I could do it! If we come to Green Bay we would probably camp somewhere nearby. Close enough so we could party, of course!  To meet Dave, Holly, Lynne, SloHand and see Amy and Erica (& Peter) again is sure tempting. I will check the vacation schedule pronto.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich