Masters Running

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon 2016 (Read 51 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

If I can do it, y'all can handle it.  Growing up, THE Thanksgiving game that was televised was always the Packers-Lions......and I grew up in Detroit .........when we had the "Fearsome Foursome" that had some memorable sacks of Bart Starr.  And Vince reportedly advised Bart never to throw the football anywhere near Night Train Lane for fear of him intercepting.

But it's running, and May.  And I think the Packers fans are utterly the best in football.

Image result for green bay packer fans shovel stadiumImage result for green bay packer fans shovel stadiumImage result for green bay packer fans shovel stadium

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

But it's running, and May.  And I think the Packers fans are utterly the best in football.

Mike thinks all Packer fans drink too much, but we've been going to the games for many, many years. Never had a problem with drunk, obnoxious fans. Ever. I've sat through games in rain, snowstorms, the welcome home ceremony after they won the Super Bowl when it was like 15° below zero - without the wind chill - and the players and coaches were like an hour behind the scheduled time to arrive at Lambeau.  Then there was  the year I was 9 months pregnant and couldn't even get my coat zipped  They're a hardy bunch, and very friendly. I've been to stadiums in other towns where I had beer dumped on me and been called names I wouldn't repeat here. I think most Green Bay folks are just really nice people.

I'm really getting pumped about all of my May visitors!!  Waiting for Dave to say he signed up, and hoping that Marj and Henry will come back and give it another go!

Marathon Maniac #957

What are Packers?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

There's a 5K the day before.  Anyone interested?

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

There's a 5K the day before.  Anyone interested?

She's sneaky that way.  Be careful

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Really people?  It's supposed to be GOOD to run 3 miles the day before the marathon.  C'mon, Packer UP here!

Not sure how many people want to sign up for this race after the picture Aamos posted, but I'm just bumping this thread up to remind all of you that prices increase tonight.

Anyone? Anyone? Marj? Henry? Dave? Mike? Bueller?

Ok, I'm in!  thanks for saving me $15 JLynne!!!

Oh, it took me a while to enter Packer territory, but it will be kinda fun to enter Lambeau Stadium.  Here is a funny picture from Facebook today.  The couple is actually from Worthington, MN!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Yay! Glad to have you join us, Starr!

Marathon Maniac #957

Okayj, regarding the house I have rented, the sleeping accommodations are as such:

One twin and one queen in the bedroom, and a full sized sleeper sofa in the living room. In the finished basement there is a twin and full sized sleeper sofa, as well as a rollaway bed. That is how they get the "sleeps 8."

So, not a tremendous amount of privacy, but lots of room for crashers....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Amy's got me thinking about doing the 5k on Saturday.

My original plans were to travel on Saturday and spend Saturday and Sunday. If I do the 5k I'll be traveling Friday afternoon.

Who's all in town on Friday?

evanflein

We're getting in late afternoon'ish, driving up from Chicago.

Sayhey! MM#130

YAY!!!    O yes!!!  Must register in FEB or you'll pay an extra $5.

I have to get my ticket--I should get in Friday afternoon.  Here's a question about returning.  There's nothing outbound late Sunday, so I either need to be on a 4 pm flight out of Green Bay or leave early in the morning Monday.  I can get a cab to the airport, but so long as I am really quiet, is it ok for me to go out early Sunday??

evanflein

We're leaving right after the marathon to drive to Minneapolis. Why would you leave early Sunday? That's the day of the race... right?

Sayhey! MM#130

Well I wouldn't want to be disruptive to the house by needing to get up and go early Monday if it's going to upset folks.