Masters Running

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon 2016 (Read 51 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I plan on arriving late Friday afternoon.  Amy - if you need to get up early Monday, go right ahead - not a problem as long as you don't blow trumpets.  I will likely be up early anyway, given that I probably will fall asleep about 9:30pm Sunday night.  Do you need a ride?  I think the airport is only about 5 miles from the airport.  Anyway, I plan to be on the road by 8:00am or 8:30am Monday anyway.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hey Aamos - I'm happy to save you the cab fare and drive you to the airport. Are you on that 6:00 AM flight out of GB? The airport is probably ten minutes away from where you guys are staying - and if you're on that first flight out - there's usually not much traffic

I'm getting excited to have you all here! This has all the makings of a really great weekend. And we get to run, too

Sayhey! MM#130

Flute player.  And Jlynne, too kind!  Haven't made my plane Rez as I wanted to check in here.  Thanks!  Will report back.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Slo

I'm in for the 5k Amy.

Sayhey! MM#130

It's on, Slo---(you better leave me some food at the end, speedster!)

Slo

Alrighty then!

I just peeked at your PR page. Given my current level of fitness this could be a very good race.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hi Green Bay Marathoners et al!

On 19 December, 2015, I had finished the 3 Bridges Marathon in Little Rock Arkansas. On the shuttle bus back to the parking lot, I became friends with a Maniac from Tennessee.

ANYWAY!

She and her husband are history buffs and happen to be visiting my town right now. We went to lunch and I asked her about her marathon schedule. My ears perked up when she said she was going to run Cellcom Green Bay.

I said, "MY FRIENDS ARE RUNNING THAT ONE!"

So. Who wants to include Kim in the party?  ha ha. I can't remember her details regarding this race but, I would love to be able to say, "Hey Kim, here is a maniac you can contact."

Whom among you want to be that person?  She is really really nice. She has run 3 marathons SINCE the one where we met!  Jacksonville was one of them.

Let me know, dear friends!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marathon Maniac #957

RCG - I will send you my contact info via PM and she is welcome to join the party!

Also, my ex-step-sister Wendy has confirmed that she will run with us. Unfortunately she has a work obligation on Saturday and so must fly in, and the only flight she could get makes her arrive at 9:59pm the night before the race, but at least the airport is not far.  Getting a good night's sleep before a marathon is so yesterday anyway......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Looking good!  So can I use my trumpet when Wendy arrives Saturday night????

Marathon Maniac #957

Looking good!  So can I use my trumpet when Wendy arrives Saturday night????

Yes!

evanflein

Bumping this cuz it's coming up sooner than Portland!

Sayhey! MM#130

Please remind me I promised a young gent I'd pick up his race bib for him.  He's doing Fargo on Saturday and isn't sure he'll make it to Green Bay Sat. in time for the pick up.  I trust it's ok to have him swing by Sat. evening to get it from me?  He's Kevin Hanna; I know him from the 50<4 hours club.  He's just completed the Antarctica Marathon this year.  And a few others.

Marathon Maniac #957

Okayj, regarding the house I have rented, the sleeping accommodations are as such:

One twin and one queen in the bedroom, and a full sized sleeper sofa in the living room. In the finished basement there is a twin and full sized sleeper sofa, as well as a rollaway bed. That is how they get the "sleeps 8."

So far we have these people staying:

Holly

Wendy

Amy

Erika and Peter

Anyone else staying at the house? I am trying to decide if I can invite another friend.

Holly,

MrStarr and I are staying at a hotel in Green Bay so we will just come over for a get-together to meet/greet everyone. We will get there Friday sometime (it is about 8 hours away from SW MN) and leave right away on Monday morning.  I have dress rehearsal for my orchestra concert at 7pm

What about SloHand?  He is signed up for the full (and the 5K).

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Hey all my fellow Cellcom runners! Every year, I throw a "pasta falooza" party at my house the Friday night before the race. I know some of you won't be coming in until Saturday, but I wanted to extend the invitation to everyone. It will give you a chance to meet some of my friends and family who are also running this year. I always plan the party on Friday instead of Saturday to give everyone a chance to get over my cooking (or lack of) skills   Just kidding - I've been doing this for 4 or 5 years now and I haven't killed anyone yet!