Masters Running

Sunday - 12/7 - Pearl Harbor Day (Read 33 times)

Dave59

My son-in-law and his family must be very happy today with the ACC results.  The people in Tallahassee are off the charts lunatics when it comes to football. 

I have a software install going this morning.  Ran 4 miles before I got started so I could get up to 20 miles for the week.  I like to go between 20 and 30 for weekly mileage.  Only goal left for the year is to get up to 100 miles for December.  I wanted to hit 100 every month but I was sick in March and missed it.  Still got it every other month this year.

Is it too early to start reviewing 2014 and looking ahead to 2015?

Unless I run another 5k sometime this month it looks like I'll finish the year with only 9 races:
    4 halfs - Tallahassee, Buffalo, Alma Michigan at night, Mackinac Island - (A very good experience at each one)
    3 5ks - all local
    1 10k - the usual 4th of July run in Frankenmuth
    1 10 miler - my 9th Crim

I lost 20 pounds and gained 17 back.  :roll:

Since I am moving back to WV my goal next year is a return to the Charleston Distance Run.  A hilly 15 mile run in Charleston WV over Labor Day weekend.  I ran it once back in 1989.

...mornin' there Speedy///////

==========

...30's here

60-min bike ride 7-up and 7-down

fittingly,

since I don't think we are QUITE ready for our ChristmasChoir,

Pearl Harbor Day seems appropriate

............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Morning guys and all to come.

Got a nice 7 in this morning. Peaceful out there. Unfortunately lots of work today like Dave.

Better than the alternative.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

coastwalker

Mornin' from me too!

Nice wrap-up of 2014, Dave. 9 races for the year is better than a lot of folks. It'll be interesting to see how you do in the CDR next year vs. '89. I've yet to begin to think about my year in review.

Nice workouts, TW and C-R.

Nice racing, Slo, despite the freaking fast old guys, and Dave and Tselbes too! Tselbes, 11 years of at least 1 race per calendar month is mighty impressive, as is Tet's 1/year/38 years and Henrun's 1/year/41 years! I have a long, long way to go to catch you all!

I went about 3.5 RW miles on the indoor track at yesterday's racewalking training session. A quasi-newbie came along, and I spent a fair amount of time with her. I was glad to see she's getting into the swing of things (so to speak) reasonably quickly. She and I met after she walked and I racewalked a half marathon in Oct. Her goal is to racewalk that same race next year with a much-improved finishing time, and I'm confident we'll get her there.

We had dinner with friends at their home last night. We had a great time, but I didn't get to bed till 11:30, which is well past my norm. Still, I got up only a half hour late this morning, and headed out for a workout. It rained about all day yesterday, but it stopped overnight, and the streets were reasonably dry by the time I headed out. With 35F temps, thankfully, nothing on the roads froze. I went a scootch over 11 RW miles, starting easy and getting a little faster with each mile. I was cruising nicely by the time I got home. Over breakfast at our favorite dive, DW and I talked about our plans for the day. It started as a relatively free day, but we've managed to load it up with projects, so I gotta get going!

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

for some reason <<<(luna/luna)>>>, four miles into the misty glow of my favorite luminary from ages past.

With regard to annual streaks, with his first marathon in 1927, . . I mean 1967 or so, I bet the ancient one’s well over 50 or 60 years.

Dave - I’m not ready to look forward, . . . or back quite yet but December 7 (December 8 over there) is one of those days that cannot be denied and never will be.  Have fun in WV, especially on those 15 hilly miles.  Is it within easy reach of your daily running?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

4 brisk miles this morning. Windy and cold (30's) but on way back I doffed my gloves and hat.

Marj's DD is here for the day with the 2 grandkids, so I'm on my own- might head to the museum to seethe Goya exhibit again.

We're heading to northern Florida in 2 weeks fora week of warmth. We've already registered for  5K while there.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

henry/marj - take a look around for aamos while your in the warmer climes.

What got you running so late at 40-yo or so ala so many of the late blooming goddesses too?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Windy and cold (30's)

I'd take those 30° temps Henry. It was 11 here when I left the house at 5:15 this morning. At least there wasn't any wind. I love running early on Sunday mornings. No traffic, nice and quiet - the only other person I saw was walking two really big dogs. I took the route that has me pass by a bakery, and the aroma coming from that place was enough to make my mouth water, and I don't even like bakery stuff that much! Got in 6 miles with 7 yesterday. Then I went to DS#1's house and hung out with Will, Ben and Nicholas so their parents could go for a run. We watched Home Alone, which I thought was a little intense for their ages but boy did they laugh when Joe Pesci got hit in the privates with Kevin's bb gun. I guess grandma is a little behind the times

Do you have a place lined up in West Virginia yet Dave?

Sounds like a great start to your day Jay. Projects are a good thing!

Anxious to hear your Christmas choir Tom. Share when you're ready.

Was almost embarrassed to post here this morning after Wisconsin got blown out by Ohio last night. What a horrible game. I gave up at half time and went in another room to watch something easier on the stomach.

Hope the end of your weekend is going well!

King of PhotoShop

Lunatics Dave?  Tell me about it. My nephew went to Florida St. and is wild about that team. We had dinner here a couple of months ago and I forebore to ask him how his felon quarterback was doing.

Last night was our club's Christmas party. We had fun but were home by 9:30.  Not as big a crowd as in past years.

When I lived in RI, we had a holiday "VJ Day."  They still have it!  No way they can get rid of it.

Dinner tonight will be homemade chicken noodle soup, grilled swiss cheese and tomato sandwiches on rye, and a side salad. It's that kind of gloomy day here.  Spareribs

Tramps

Some nice running all around this morning.

Jlynne--brrr, that is chilly.

Following Dave's theme, it was last race of the year for me.  I did our local 1/2 marathon today, which I always enjoy. A slower time (1:45-ish) for me reflecting my current fitness but I had a nice time nonetheless.  It was about 32 and very windy at the start so I had to break out my running pants for the first time this season.  I enticed a young 30 yo guy from my Richmond office to come up and run. He did and brought a couple of friends.  We chatted over a post-race beer (gotta love free good beer at 9:30 on Sunday morning!) and all of them loved the race and said they intended to be back next year.

Came home and signed-up for our local rail-trail half in February to keep myself motivated.

Have a great day.

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

7.5 easy miles watching the eagles along the river.

Quiet weekend, ribeyes are thawing...DS will be home tonight providing an excuse to eat big.

Nice running all around.  And nice to think about our more senior members and their various racing streaks.

Holly - your DD is so cool...

I was out early this morning shopping, the air smelled so fresh (no traffic on Sunday), and with the dampness and the filtered sun coming over the hill, it just made me go nuts, thinking I'VE GOT TO RUN.  You all know that feeling.

It's been over 3 weeks of resting my knee, and zero running or cross-training

I did a walk/run with Remi.  3.2 miles and no knee problems.  Very thankful.  I feel like a new person.     I hope the knee stays happy as I try to ramp up slowly again.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

mrrun

When I lived in RI, we had a holiday "VJ Day."  They still have it!  No way they can get rid of it.

An August Monday holiday is nothing to be sneezed about - I think it's now just called Victory Day.

I had a blast, spent quality time with oldest GD buying her bday and Hanukkah presents - books and spirograph.  She got to choose them herself.  DD and GS went ice skating for the first time this year, so it was a good time even without the running.  I could go now, but I'm too comfortable - will run longer tomorrow.

Our races with beer start around 11:30 because of blue laws - no drinking until noon.

Hope all the non-posters had runs and walks and a day as good as the posters

marj

wildchild

Carolyn

Enke - yay!  Glad you had a pain free run!  I'm sorry to  hear about Mr C - his loss, for sure.  Good luck with door #21.   Hey, I'm going to  be in Seattle next weekend for a 50k.  Hope we can get together while I'm there!

We've been on a road trip to Arizona for two weeks, and got home yesterday.  Today I ran 14 miles in Golden Gate Canyon State Park - it was 40F, sunny and breezy, and the trails were in great shape!   Only a little snow.  Glad to be home.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

For whatever reason, I have had no interest in running today. Got started going through things in DS2s room and cleaning stuff up, sorting, tossing, etc. He comes home later this week and we'd piled his room full of things from the garage when we cleaned it out to tear it down. Now trying to figure out what we really want, need or can part with. Since the garage isn't finished (no storage shelves or cabinets yet), I still am not sure what to do with a lot of it. So... moving some into DS1's room since he's pretty much moved out, packing some stuff up for goodwill, and either discarding the rest or moving it in boxes downstairs. *sigh* this sort of thing always takes so long.

Welcome home, Carolyn! Seems like you guys were gone a long time.