Masters Running

Windy Wednesday Workouts and Stuff (Read 525 times)

King of PhotoShop

Leslie, MS has given you good advice. I had a calf strain and bought compression sleeves, sold by the pair for about $38.  I wore them in races, long workouts, on airplanes and while sleeping after a big day.  Absolutely wonderful.

In an effort to make sure that my handle remains accurate, I am on a diet since Monday morning, low carb type.  Running while cutting back on carbs is unpleasant but at least I know why.  The Saint is doing this too.

Holly, good luck with the new job.  Spareribs

wildchild

Carolyn

OM, have a great time at the relay, and remember to breathe!

more hugs to Leslie!

The good news: I'm working at home today!  Yay! No long commute - adds about 2.5 hours to my day. (Yikes - I can't believe I spend that much time in the car every day...)

The bad news - I'm home because IT"S SNOWING.  Dead  A LOT.  7" so far - I just measured the snow on the table on the deck.  Hard to believe last night I did a trail run in shorts and singlet, and it was 70°.  I know, I know, this too shall pass.  At least the woods aren't on fire.   Maybe I should take my advice to OM and breathe.   <rant off>  (sorry)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

SNOW? I shudder at the thought! Dead

Jlynne: I'm not sure about Timbo and Cellcom. He did pop in last week on the Timbo/Smack Talk thread, talk about his extreme back pain, the painkillers he's taking to get through his long runs and the chastizing he took for that. He told me a few wks back that he has all this plans set for Cellcom but unless he's feeling good enough to run a "good" race (meaning fast), he probably wouldn't show up. But when I get occassional texts of his long runs and times, he sure still seems fast to me, but I realize that's all relative.

Puppies slept for 9 hrs last night! progress!  Will RAL today (yikes, that's only 2 hrs away!), as I have to grocery shop after work.

Tammy

Slo

Jlynne: I'm not sure about Timbo and Cellcom. He did pop in last week on the Timbo/Smack Talk thread, talk about his extreme back pain, the painkillers he's taking to get through his long runs and the chastizing he took for that. He told me a few wks back that he has all this plans set for Cellcom but unless he's feeling good enough to run a "good" race (meaning fast), he probably wouldn't show up. But when I get occassional texts of his long runs and times, he sure still seems fast to me, but I realize that's all relative.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...I'm just hopin he lets us know what he's gotta do ! 

TammyinGP

Slo, I texted him to check his msgs here yesterday. but didn't hear back from him after my text. did he get back to you?

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh man, Ribs is on a diet!   What is the world coming too????

I sure hope Tim-Bo shows up for the race this weekend.  

Wow, 9 hours of sleep Tammy .... what is that like??  Wink

SNOW!!! 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Slo, I texted him to check his msgs here yesterday. but didn't hear back from him after my text. did he get back to you?

Naw, I hadn't heard anything.

I have his phone number...at least what he had at the Tecumseh trail race. I'm going to drop him a text later.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

{{{{Leslie}}}}

{{{{OM}}}}

Lifting and spinning this morning.  Normalcy returned.

Great yoga class and there's like one other guy who's also a runner so we can talk running in the locker room afterwards.  Spareribs, hope it goes well for you but you hardly need it, I'm sure.  We skinny runner types worry about our weight while the other 99% of the culture eats itself into oblivion.  Just my 2 cents worth.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

...90-friggin' degress out there......we tried to hike a new guy from Illinois to death

for 3-HOURS.........didn't work,

but a couple of US weren't looking all that great.

.........22min poolrun to fixit.

possibly

followed by COMMON SENSE next week when we go out again

the Theory is Good anyway

..............good running guys..............hugs to fatozzig, I'm blaming the little kids for this one.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

SNOW? I shudder at the thought! Dead

+1

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

4.7 miles at lunch time, along the bike path and ran by the dog park. Only a couple dogs out there this afternoon and one was a wirehaired pointed griffon!  and then yesterday I saw a friend of mine, who has a one of these dogs also. and then Mary has that cute litter also.  I rarely see this type of dog and then have seen a couple of them here two days in a row.

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Tammy, I was just thinking that when Hailey had her first litter I flew one of her pups out to Oregon!    Wouldn't it be something if the one you saw was her pup?    Now, I have to go look up what city they were from.  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

TammyinGP

oh my goodness  - what a small world that would be! If by chance you flew that one out to Medford, then I'll have to make a point of running by the dog park again during my lunch hour next week, in case they have a regular schedule of going there at that time.

Tammy

TammyinGP

I knew there was something else I kept meaning to put in my posts the last couple days but then kept forgetting.

For Grandma's marathon (my 3rd), I'm pretty much going to be running it alone (not counting the other 7,000 people of course) and was toying with the idea of signing up to be a pace group. I've never done that before, as both of my previous marathons, I was running with friends for most of the distance. My PR is 4:16 so was thinking of joining up with the 4:15 group.  Was curious what other people's experiences have been with pace groups? helpful? did you like running with a group like that or prefer to just run solo?

Tammy