Memories of DarkHorse:-)

Andrew
    ------------------
    God, my Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
    and enables me to go upon the heights.
    Hb 3:19

Marathon Maniac #957

Yay for Erika and Amy - tossing out some SPEEDY marathons with style and grace (and beauty as well)!  Great job to you both!

I am running a 10K this Saturday and I have raced so little this summer that I have no idea what pace to set, so I ran a tempo-ish run this morning - 6.6 miles with 4 @ 8:41, 8:31, 8:28, 8:37.

This race is called the "Superhero Underwear 5k/10k."   You can run as a superhero, or in your underwear, or in your superhero underwear.  When you register, you have to choose whether you will be a runner or a superhero.    I will tell you that I am NOT running in my underwear.  My girlfriends Renee and Tara are running in Superman and Batman shirts, with capes, so I decided to be different and got an Incredible Hulk shirt and some green hair paint.  Should be fun.

Happy Tuesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

how about a 50-state hot tub club.

Now, that's retirement!

...I can Diggit.....

==================

20-min xbike standing,,,,,,,,,,,need to get this leg stronger

..............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sorry - I didn't notice Erika's shoes.  I guess I need to study the photo some more.  Congrats, Enke! 

So you were checking out those legs and didn't notice the shoes? Hmmm...

Rode 23+ miles on my weekly "Ride for Coffee" (and a doughnut!) outing from the senior center. We rode back rather briskly since some nasty looking clouds appeared at our turnaround point, but by the time we got back the sun was out again.

By the way, I'm not doing the Crim this weekend since my DS will be down for his birthday and my brother is also coming for a short visit. If we end up with a total of 5 people for dinner on Saturday, it will be the biggest family gathering in years. But I do see that the weather will hold true, making Crim day the hottest/muggiest day of the summer. Good luck to those running it. Maybe I'll see you there next year.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Dave59

But I do see that the weather will hold true, making Crim day the hottest/muggiest day of the summer. Good luck to those running it. Maybe I'll see you there next year.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/RH0NDA/Emoticons/Words/N1LaLaLaHL.gif

evanflein

Thanks for the picture, Carolyn! I'm not sure how to post pictures from FB... I've got one of the two of us I'd like to post.

Kevin, those shoes are the Brooks PureFlow2's and I really like them, although I do sometimes get blisters in odd places (odd because not typical rub zones, and I usually don't even feel them). They're great for downhill because of the roomy toe box. Much better than the Asics I have. I know Brooks has moved to the 3's and who knows, maybe even the 4's but I haven't tried those yet.

Deviants. Heh. That's funny. I think that's the foundation of the Marathon Maniacs... a bunch of running deviants! 

Got a message from the vet the other day. Abby was still having a hard time keeping anything down, so they did a radiograph and found that her feeding tube was down a little too far. Adjustment made, anti-nausea meds on board and hopefully she'll be able to keep food down. Poor kitty. I'm still pretty worried about her, but know she's in the right hands.

Time to go test the legs and lungs a bit. Might make it three miles today?

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hanging out here makes it seem perfectly normal to train for 50-mile race, run marathons at the drop of a hat, and run up and down mountains…all for fun.  You deviants!  

Or normal to feel like you're slacking if you're not.

BTW, Erika--they are on the 3's.  I have a nice pair of hi-vis yellow ones on order.  hoping for a Friday delivery.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Erica – I sure hope your kitty cat gets better soon.  Yippee for a greta marathon in Denver. Aamos, we are always in awe of your times.  I think you have talked me into the Leading Ladies marathon for next year but only if tet comes too.  Do they still have a crown for the special lady in last place?

I actually was online in time to start the daily but opted for a cuppa coffee and the newspaper. I snuck out for a run this morning at 5:15 without waking MrStarr, Smokey or Bandit. We have a picnic tonight so this was the plan to get my run in.  5 miles easy around the lake.  I guess it was too easy since my AHR was only 110 at a 12:51 pace.  On Sunday I ran 10 miles at a 13:23 pace and my AHR was 128.  I don’t know how that could drop that much in 2 days.  I have been trying to figure out my HR zones but this doesn’t make much sense to me.  I think I am still chasing that pace bunny too.  I wore my new outfit, grey and green capris with a green & grey singlet. I think it will be my race uniform since it matches my shoes and everything.

What time is the hottub party?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

BTY

Or normal to feel like you're slacking if you're not.

That's what I'm talkin' about. 

Traveling for work this week, and just checked into my hotel room, so off to the gym in town for stretching, strengthening, and maybe a wee bit of slacking.  Haven't been to this one yet so it'll be an adventure.

King of PhotoShop

Oh great, we get a start to the day by contemplating Dark Horse.

Holly, skip the underwear running til we get to Mexico.

Ran 3 miles this afternoon after two weather-delayed plane trips.  But in a MILLION years you won't guess where I ran today!  Said to the guy at the hotel desk, "Anywhere I can run around here?"  He looked at me like I was nuts.

"And you'll always know your neighbor, you'll always know your pal..."   Spareribs

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Did he ask you what color shorts you were wearing?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

If you've ever navigated the Erie Canal! Low Bridge Everybody down, Low Bridge.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just checking in quick before bed.  Went 10 miles, tonight--1.5 mile warmup in 11:42--2 miles in 12:51--1/2 mile recovery in 3:59--2 miles in 12:50--1/2 mile recovery in 3:57--2 miles in 12:44--1.5 mile cool down in 11:50.  Total--10 miles in 1:09:53.

Okay--that's it. I told you it would be quick.  See ya!

Nice running venue, Ribs! Not going to ask which finger you are giving us there. :-)

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

C-R

Nice Ribs. I remember jumping from some of the canal bridges with my cousins. Man that water was cold.

Managed 10k after a long up and back to Ann Arbor. And now off to NYC. I hope to get some runs while in the city but its going to be busy.

Make it a great day all.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/