Masters Running

Friday, March 20 - FIRST DAY OF SPRING Runs and Rests (Read 551 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning...Good Morning! Good Morning, Good Morning to YOU!!!! (the new Dixie cup tune) Smile Brinkley and I got out for a nice 4.75 mile run. It was a perfect morning for a run. Calm, 20° with the stars shining so bright along with a slice of the moon. The smoke coming out of our neighbor's chimney looked like a photo as it just hung in the air. Nice way to start the end of the work week. 9:58 avg. pace - 168 avg. hr. TGIF!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Happy Happy Happy Friday Everyone Smile TGIF Hi Mary - nice run that you made sound spectacular. Thanks for the wonderful - upbeat start off. 9 easy miles last night - 1:15:25 - 8:23 ave pace with peppy / great feeling legs. Cool as I have 30 miles for the week, with at least 12 to 13 miles planned for Sat, and 6 for Sunday....will make it back to the 40/40 group for the first time since last Fall. My running is really coming along great, and I am having no pains what so ever...even my recent knee pain is gone Smile. During my run last night, I started doing the math in my head as far as the Seattle Marathon. After talking to Tammy last night - thanks for the call Tampster - she pointed out there is only 14 weeks left till this race...that kinda freaked me out because of where I'm at mileage wise right now. Roughly doing the math, I would have to add 2 miles to my long run every 2 weeks to make it to running three 20 milers before Seattle...and that's not including speed work. If someone has any advise, it would be appreciated. My long run is at 12 miles now, and need to build off that. I noticed something last night getting money out of a ATM machine....the braille pad. Ok, as I was waiting for my money to come out of the slot, I pondered about what scenario it would take for a blind person to drive to a ATM machine, or how would they even walk up to one and find it...just one of those Confused moments as my mind is always thinking about funny / interesting stuff. Luv you all, and hope everyone has a Greta Friday....life is good indeed TimmiBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

No run this morning - just some fizzy lifting, stepperfication, and spin cycling. This cross training stuff is probably good for my achilles tendinitis. We'll find out in 4 weeks...
          No running for me today as this is a cross-training day. So, 1250 meters swimming. Still not feeling completely comfortable with the swim stroke yet, but there were moments where I remember how it used to feel - back when I was young and could swim well. I've been asked (ummm coerced, drafted, pleaded with is probably more like it) to run the Palm 100 mile relay a week from tomorrow. Never having being particularly great at saying no, I agreed. So 6 of us will be running from Ft. Lauderdale to Palm Beach and back on the 28th. I figure this is good training toward a Ragnar someday. Tee hee! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I'm sure it'll be a great time Bill... The rain stopped this morning just long enough for me to get in 4 easy miles in SHORTS and a SHIRT(finally)...it has been unseasonably cold here all winter...I bet my white legs were almost blinding the drivers...
            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
            dg.

good morning! Bylll, you'd make a perfect Ragnarite. morning Tim. morning PBJ. all the best to your AT. Mary, what a pretty run. Hey. we were almost twins again. One of these days, huh? 4.48 miles, 9:45 ave. pace, 8:45 max, 168 ahr, 179 max. miles were 10:20, 9:31, 9:36, 9:32, last half at 9:15. 24 min. on the elliptical, & 25 min. lower body weight machines, stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, & russian twists. front planks. the end. gotta run. happy friday! mta, hi Gordon. what great news about your job Smile
              Tramps

Happy Spring! There's hope for all you cold-climate runners. Byll--that'll be an adventure! Gordon--congrats on the new job! Easy 2-mile leg-stretching run this morning. This concludes the training portion of the program. Smile I always liked the way Tall (Where is Tall?) put his goals out there in advance, so... Saturday’s National Marathon goals: 1. Have fun with an injury-free race. 2. PR (current = 3:37:18) 3. Sub-3:30 (and BQ) No excuses; weather’s looking great (sunny, 6 mph wind, low-30s at the start, low 40s by 11:00).

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Tramps – Have a great race tomorrow! I’m hoping you smoke all of your goals! 3 easy-paced miles on the TM today, followed by dumbbell curls, butterflies, push-ups, bench dips, leg lifts w/ankle weights, face-up and face-down, glute raises, and stability ball crunches. Had an annual physical today, and the doc went over my bloodwork from last week. Happily, all my readings were normal, and although my cholesterol was slightly high (209), my good cholesterol (HDL) was extremely good (86). He said with an HDL number that high, I would probably never have a heart attack. Smile When I told DH, he told me that his HDL was 32 at his last appointment. Sad The doc did say I need to have a biopsy taken of the freckle/mole on the bottom of my foot, but that will wait untill after my April race. Tongue Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly-Get him walking...you have to start somewhere Tramps-Good Luck tomorrow...swift and light...
                    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

During my run last night, I started doing the math in my head as far as the Seattle Marathon. there are only 14 weeks left till this race...that kinda freaked me out because I don't want tet to beat me. If someone has any advice, it would be appreciated.
                      not that I've got a lot of experience makin' up excuses or anything like that but you could always use three hour jump in time zones, rainy weather, salty breezes, late night partying with the goddesses, eatin' too much pasta at the mari/franci carbo feast, someone putting beer in your water bottle, the steepness of the giant hill going up to Aurora Bridge at mile 16 (with ten miles to go, one of the toughest points in a marathon for many people anyway), bikini girls at the aid stations, staining your back with the belly dancer troupe or toe in sumo foot wrestling, etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

xor

Fuzzy math! The Seattle Marathon is in November.

Marathon Maniac #3309

not that I've got a lot of experience makin' up excuses or anything like that but you could always use three hour jump in time zones, rainy weather, salty breezes, late night partying with the goddesses, eatin' too much pasta at the mari/franci carbo feast, someone putting beer in your water bottle, the steepness of the giant hill going up to Aurora Bridge at mile 16 (with ten miles to go, one of the toughest points in a marathon for many people anyway), bikini girls at the aid stations, staining your back with the belly dancer troupe or toe in sumo foot wrestling, etc.
                          LOL. I had to read that three times to "get it" ...that kinda freaked me out because I don't want tet to beat me. TimmiBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hill Runner

Good morning gang, Good luck tomorrow Tramps, I'm pulling for you. Hopefully we can finally meet up in Boston in 2011! Smile I just got back from the doctor this morning due to clogged ear problems. I'm on ear drops & nasal spray for 5 days and have to go back next week to get my ears cleaned out. 8.32 miles of hills @ 8:52 pace this morning. I had a great run despite my miserable sinus problems. I'm just a little shy of 50 miles for the week and will fix that with one more run tomorrow morning. Big grin Nice runs everyone!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Marathon Maniac #3309

Fuzzy math! The Seattle Marathon is in November.
                              Huh... http://www.rnrseattle.com/

fussy, thanks for posting those neat pictures. SteveP, it's good to see some posts from you. SLO, it sounds like you've got a great weekend planned with the entire family. lyndon, that sounds like good news on the job front. Aamos, nice run with your husband. eliz, congrats on being "good motivation". Nice long runs for henrun, PBJ, and Holly. Good job on the speedwork for fatozzig (on hills and with the doctor's ok to get back to normal. Yesterday, my father in law had surgery on his broken ankle. The surgery went well. The only drawback was that the surgery was scheduled for 1pm and didn't start until about 10:30pm. We didn't get home until a bit after 2am and then my internal alarm woke me up a bit after 6am and I couldn't sleep any more. Since I usually sleep from about 9pm until about 5am, that disrupted my schedule. I was scheduled to do 5 miles and questioned whether to mess with the "sacred" schedule. I thought of PDR and some others who routinely run on very little sleep and went out the door. It was in the low 20s with just a light breeze. I got in the 5 miles in little under 48:30 for a 9:38 pace. Surprisingly, it didn't feel too bad. Without knowing it, my run was very similar to hopeful and dg's. It must have been on the Michigan schedule for today. A good day and good runs for all. TomS