Masters Running

The weighting is over!!!! (Read 413 times)

Down 239 this week from 259.5 3 weeks ago.  Diet is going pretty well.  Legs a really sore it could be my cholestorel meds, I still cannot spell. HaHa   I might go off diet this weekend a little and have a fudge cake for Bday.  DW has been sick, she has a bowel  obstruction from some surgery she had, but Dr. doesn't want anymore surgery unless she absolutely has too.  So going out might be a no no for now. Run well this week end all.

Marathon Maniac #957

Derrick - Happy Birthday a little early.  Hope your DW feels better and that you get your fudge cake.

Up a half-lb to 116.5.  Hoping to get better control of that and get back down to 112 before the pools open.  At 5'1", there's not much room to spread the extra weight around.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Prince of Fatness

I might go off diet this weekend a little and have a fudge cake for Bday.

That's a coincidence, my birthday is this weekend as well.  Happy Birthday!  I am going to forgo the cake and go tour a local brewery instead.

As for me, 177 this morning, down a half.  Better than gaining.

Not at it at all. 

SteveP

I hope DW gets well fast like Derrick!!!

Back up to 190. I'm not quite sure how that happened.

SteveP

Dave59

Down 2 to 200.  Down 22 in 80 days on MyFitnessPal.com.  (23 for the year.)

Briefly under 200 on Wednesday, but then I got sick and I haven't been moving around much.  Hard to stay in my calorie limits without the added ones from working out.  I don't know how a 5'1" woman could stay within their calorie limits.  At MyFitnessPal, just entering "male" gives you a couple hundred more calories per day, and then being taller gives you (much) more too.  No wonder Holly runs 200 miles a month.  It seems like discrimination to me, but who do you sue?

My daily level of allowed calories before exercise is 1760.  (It started at 1880 but goes down as you lose weight.)  That is supposed to be good for a pound per week but I have been averaging almost 2.  That's probably because I said I had a sedentary job (which I do), but here is no check box for having a 3-year old grandkid running loose arund the house.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

181 this morning, n/c since last week if I recall correctly. Need to get a grib on something other than food!

Happy birthday to ya'll who know who u r.

bob e v
              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Marathon Maniac #957

I don't know how a 5'1" woman could stay within their calorie limits.  At MyFitnessPal, just entering "male" gives you a couple hundred more calories per day, and then being taller gives you (much) more too.  No wonder Holly runs 200 miles a month. 

Now you understand.  Yes, at myfitnesspal it says that my basic caloric MAINTAINANCE intake on a rest day is 1100 calories.  Since I work at a computer all day, that’s not much caloric burn to add to the resting weight.  Trying to eat 1100 calories a day is a nightmare.  I normally aim at 1500/day, and achieving THAT is a nightmare.  And that's not even being on a diet.  That's simply to try to maintain my current weight.

On the other hand, myfitnesspal says that if I jog (10:00 pace) for an hour (6 miles), I burn 835 calories.  That’s total bunk.  A 115-lb woman burns maybe 85 calories/mile, so 6 miles in an hour would burn maybe 510 calories.  If I’m lucky.  I think you need to reduce that even more for middle-age-woman-low-thyroid and body’s-so-darn-used-to-running-it-doesn’t –burn-like-it-used-to.  I know for a fact I can run 10 miles, eat 1800 calories and not lose any weight.

(sigh)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

167.5 about the same as I was a month ago. Sad

I am on that every Monday diet I think. Every Monday I say "I am going to eat good and be strict to my diet" and then about every Friday I say "I am going to eat good and be strict to my diet...... starting Monday" Weekends, and probably todays ball game kills any good done the first half of the week I'm sure.

I guess I will try again on Monday .Blush

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

#artbydmcbride

That's a coincidence, my birthday is this weekend as well.  Happy Birthday!  I am going to forgo the cake and go tour a local brewery instead.

As for me, 177 this morning, down a half.  Better than gaining.

Happy upcoming birthday.  I hope you have a good time!

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Happy upcoming birthday.  I hope you have a good time!

Thanks Smile

Not at it at all. 

evanflein

Yes! Happy Birthdays to Derrick and Spudman! (Hey Tim, I'm going to be ordering potatoes from a CO company called Ronniger's. Tried them last year and some really good varieties! Ever heard of 'em?)  Remember to treat yourself well, and there's always tomorrow.

Holly, I really feel for you, grrl. I'm taller and have a pretty fast metabolism, and probably eat more than DH most days of the week. But I can still manage to out-eat my training without much problem. I don't really calorie count, but when I ballpark estimate, I'm well over 2,500 most days of the week!

And, with that being said, I'm up almost 2 lbs for the week to 141. Been weighing regularly and I know this is not a fluke. Being sick reduced my mileage but not my appetite... Gotta get back on track, I guess. Sure wish it would stop snowing/raining/freezing/snowing out there!

Prince of Fatness

(Hey Tim, I'm going to be ordering potatoes from a CO company called Ronniger's. Tried them last year and some really good varieties! Ever heard of 'em?)

That name sounds familiar.  I never have mail ordered potatoes.  I have a local Agway nearby.  It's cheap and convenient.  Only thing with that is I am limited in varieties.  I may mail order some one of these days just for something different.  I just planted my spuds last weekend, and will be having fresh potatoes by the end of June.  Yum!

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

Is there really a taste difference in fresh potatoes?  How do you know when it's time to dig them up?  Do you dig them once, and the plant is done?

Prince of Fatness

Is there really a taste difference in fresh potatoes?

This is a trick question, right?  Seriously, as with all vegetables, fresh from the garden is the best.  The difference is not explainable, but it is very noticeable.

How do you know when it's time to dig them up?

The plants die off then you can dig them up.  You can wait longer if you want, to allow the potatoes to harden off a little more.  Also, you can dig up a plant early if you can't wait.  The potatoes will be smaller, but just as tasty.  I usually wait until at least after the plants have flowered.

Do you dig them once, and the plant is done?

Yep.  Just dig the whole plant up.  It's one crop.  If the soil is wet enough sometimes I can pull the whole thing up, spuds and all.

I find that potatoes are one of the easiest things to grow.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

So how do you start them?