Masters Running

Wednesday, (June opps) July 2nd Daily (Read 564 times)

TammyinGP

Tim - I ditto the input from others - she sounds too high maintenance and 'stalkerish'. I think you deserve someone laid back, into fitness - running, biking, whatever - someone that has more common interests with you. Maybe meet a nice runner lady in a running club or something, if you are interested in finding someone that is. Holly - like you, I enjoy the cake part more than the frosting part too. And actually, cake is not even my sweet treat of choice, but once in awhile I like to have some - but i usually scrape the frosting off too. Vista - nice start to the daily. I'm a bit behind in my mileage goals for the first half of the year. I think I actually thought I could crank out 1500 miles this year and I'm currently just over 550. As you can see from my log, I haven't hit a 100+ month for a few months now due to an injury that temporarily set me back while in the heavy mileage training phase for the Eugene Marathon, then another injury during the Eugene HM, set me back a little. But I'm in this running thing for the long term, so if I don't meet my goals this year, there's always other years and new goals to conquer. Yesterday, I ran doubles. Although each run was only 4 miles, so it wasn't that tough. But I'm running in a relay the end of the July, so at least once a week, I want to run doubles where I just have about 6 hrs inbetween my two runs, so my legs get used to what it feels like to run a 2nd time on little rest. The air is so smokey here, that I'm having to do my runs on a TM for the time being.

Tammy

"she sounds too .. 'stalkerish'."
      Look who's talkin' Miss StudStalker herself. (See TinGP's Avatar and the words underneath it). Cool TallerStud, Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

evanflein

Tim, let me just echo what others have already said... RUN, do not walk, RUN away from this woman! OMG... chalk that experience up to one in the "things to avoid" category and move on. I didn't see a single redeeming quality in this woman for you... Hey, anytime you want some free date evaluation, just keep posting 'em here. It is interesting that the women all had the "RUN" comment more then the men... Tammy and Bill... Big grin Cake... hmmm, usually I can leave it, especially the store bought variety that shows up at office parties. Dead But that homemade cake my mom makes with her wonderful dark chocolate icing... oh boy. I think I can credit a loss of about 10 seconds per mile to that piece I had before my recent 10k... As for a regular treat, I prefer homemade cookies... Shy Mariposai, stay out of that smoke!! The particulates in the smoke are very fine and can settle deep into your lungs. We frequently have forest fires around here and a few years ago it was so bad there were advisories to stay inside... I did my gardening with a particulate mask on. Seriously, do not run outside if the smoke is bad... And yes, I think your son just wants to do this. Too bad he didn't wait till he was home safe and sound to tell you! TomS, I have the 205, too. You'll have fun with it... but it's easy to get too wrapped up in the numbers! I get about a week out of my charge, maybe more... well over 40 miles worth of time. Deb, yes yesterday was looking like a TM run but it cleared off and I had a good run! I did get sprinkled on, but nothing bad. Today is clear and sunny and should be like this all weekend (yeah!). Goals for the year: well, I have the 2,000 mile goal and am ahead of the pace bunny. So far, so good. Fall is marathon season though, and with the cycle of taper and recovery, my marathon months are usually my lowest mile months so we'll see how it goes. I'm running home from work today. DS1 will stop by and pick up my stuff and I'll run the 9+ miles of rolling hills home. Should be fun, let's hope for no thunderstorms that sometimes kick up around 4 pm!
          Tim, let me just echo what others have already said... RUN, do not walk, RUN away from this woman! OMG... chalk that experience up to one in the "things to avoid" category and move on. I didn't see a single redeeming quality in this woman for you... Hey, anytime you want some free date evaluation, just keep posting 'em here. It is interesting that the women all had the "RUN" comment more then the men...
          All I saw was that she was a cheerleader.
          Vista
          TammyinGP

Look who's talkin' Miss StudStalker herself. (See TinGP's Avatar and the words underneath it). Cool TallerStud, Bill
            see, Bill - that's how I can spot a stalker a mile away. Takes one to know one. Cool (and uh, I sort of forgot my new self-annointed title . . . . Black eye )

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

You know what...I forgot to mention the worse thing about the date. We met at a restaurant, and when I walked up to her she said "wow, you lost your hair" then proceeded to say " but hey, looks aren't everything"....grrrrr Angry But actually I have a little hair, but I keep it trimmed down to the lowest setting on my trimmers....I love it that way Cool You know, I have found it extremely hard to meet a woman who is fit, and likes to run - bike - or something that we could share together. I have tried the Y...cycling clubs, and running clubs, and it seems like most women are married or involved. And hate to say this, but 2 cycling gals I showed an interest in ended up being.....um, gay. Heck, one of these women I went out with a few times, and we ran together quite a few times...I thought wow, this is cool...till she told me about her sexual orientation Roll eyes Hope this is not to much information Smile You guys and gals rock "Running away" Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

and when I walked up to her she said "wow, you lost your hair" then proceeded to say " but hey, looks aren't everything"....grrrrr
                OMG – that is unbelievably rude! The date would have ended for me right there. And you know what? I think that close-cropped hair is extremely attractive. Don’t worry, a good one will come along for you eventually.
                But I'm in this running thing for the long term, so if I don't meet my goals this year, there's always other years and new goals to conquer.
                Tammy, bless your heart, that was exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

June was a good month, but waaay to short.... so lets do it again, right Joey Smile Hope you have a nice run Karin. Date night went well last night as I was nervous meeting someone I haven't seen for 30 some years, but she was outgoing which made conversation easy. She seems to be having some problems getting over a relationship she just got out of not to long ago, so I recommended she works through that before we see each other as more than just friends. No, she is not a runner and she didn't understand why someone would be....and the only running she said she did was "running up her credit cards" Roll eyes And, I never saw a woman who ate so fast and never gave it a second thought. We got a whole slab of ribs to eat with two sides and rolls each....she actually was done eating in LESS than 5 minutes, and I was still eating over 30 minutes later...seems strange for a lady Shocked We had a nice time, but I don't see anything materializing between us right now what so ever....she said she also had 10 cats Confused She also said that she is a real clingy woman, and once she falls for someone, she holds on forever even if things go bad....hence, what she is going through with the guy that's trying to rid himself of her now....I don't need or want that!!! 4 sweet recovery miles last night before my date...helped to calm the nerves down before going. I have new running shoes I will get tomorrow...it hard to believe how quickly a person goes through shoes running 50 mpw or so. I normally get about 450 to 500 miles on mine, but I could tell it time for a new set of rubber. Well, need to start working on mounds of paper work. Have a nice day all Smile Although to date my advice has concerned running, may I volunteer just one more little tidbit? Use your accumulated speedwork to get away from this woman fast. Spareribs Tim

Marathon Maniac #3309

OMG – that is unbelievably rude! The date would have ended for me right there. And you know what? I think that close-cropped hair is extremely attractive. Don’t worry, a good one will come along for you eventually.
                    I should have said..."hey, what I lost in hair...you gained in your butt" Big grin But I am too much of a gentleman to say something like that Wink Ribs, I will run away from her tonght... 1000 meters at a time Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Double post Confused

Oh my Tim....that's beyond rude! I agree with Holly. I can think of lots of very sexy balding/trimmed to the scalp men. Move on and try not to despair. Someone is out there..... Karin
                        wildchild

Carolyn

Tim, I'm starting to think your date was making that stuff up to scare you off. I mean, who would say they ran up their credit cards, were overly clingy, and had 10 cats if they were actually trying to impress someone? I think you should come up with some lines of your own to use on people you're not interested in. Like "I live with my mother." Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tim, Others have said it run..I have dated alot since my seperation and I mean a lot...and anyone that comes across this way is gone quickly. My fear is the ones that seem great but then a few months in become someone else. You should move to Ottawa. There are so many good looking women out here, active, etc... It's just that I am "SO PICKY" that I create my own problems..But the right one will come along for me and for you. No running, just an hour and a half bike and tennis with a friend tonight at 7pm. Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Renee the dog

Tim, I hear your pain. Last week, I went on the ferry to DE. Got chatting with the policeman who was checking us in...as I was going to a running seminar. He ended up coming on the ferry and tracking me down with his card -- he said, "PLEASE! Give it to any single runners you know!" So, you aren't the only one looking. The one thing I would think about is that if you find a woman who's got a lot of great qualities, and a spirit of openness, perhaps you can turn her into a runner. Smile I turned my husband into a skier, and he turned me into a scuba diver and both of us together just decided to start running 3 or so years ago... Anyway, BIG NEWS! I just went for a 2 p.m. run. 82 gloriously sunny degrees with I don't know what humidity but a lovely southern breeze making it hard to believe it is July 2. Renee was napping upstairs with the kids, so I snuck out without her. Just a little under 28 min gave me 3 mi and a good dose of Vitamin D! Now out to plant some cleomes and some caladeums (please excuse my spellings as they are both likely off!). The new house contains Mr Nono's office, so it sure is easier to go outside and do something while the kids are sleeping!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Renee the dog

Oh and I feel compelled to write this to our men who are out there looking: REMEMBER: Women are on their best behavior before they marry you.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!