Masters Running

Weekly Newbies, WE ROCK! 7/28 (Read 458 times)

Me

good afternoon Everyone, 4 miles for me this morning. Mid 60's and drippy humid. But, it was a great run. I hope everyone is feeling good. Cheers! Mike
      Hi Mike, glad it was a good but humid run. 11 miles for me yesterday. Might have been more. We were going by time alone and didnt measure. Good altogether. No sore legs today. I think my body is getting used to long miles. Running is a good escape for me and I might head out again tomorrow morning. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Me

11 miles, Holy Cow! YOU ROCK! Big grin
        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

WOW Shocked Where did that 11 come from? I know it couldn't be that I wasn't paying attention (just ask DW Wink ) but I thought the highest was 6 or 7. Sounds great and no sore legs! WTG. Mike--good to hear of a great run. You sound like like you are in a good mood. Hi to evryone else. Hope the knee holds up tomorrow. Keviin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Me

I am in a good mood. I keep hearing from everyone that I sound happier since I moved than I have in a looong time. Hmmm. I guess I should have moved years ago. But then again, well, you know. Cheers MW
              Yep. 11 on Sunday. No pain. Yay! 3 today. Slow but not painful. Will try for 11 or more on Sunday with the club. Hows everyone else? BF issues are still there. He keeps hanging on. Argh. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Me

Laurie, I'm sorry to hear about the something of a BF that doesn't act like a BF. That sucks. My advice (if you want it) is don't settle for someone who doesn't treat you like you deserve to be treated. Better to be by yourself than to be mis or maltreated. 4 miles for me this morning. It feels good. I feel like I'm getting my legs back. Smile Cheers Everyone! Mike
                  Kevin, how is the knee and your run? Mike, you do sound much better. Hows the humidity? When does it lighten up around there? Are you all moved in? Played about an hour of racquetball with Ali and then some WII yoga. My legs are fine. BF issues are about to come to a head. He backed out on a gym trip today. Mike, you are right on with that advice. Some day soon I will be fed up an move on. Laurie

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi guys--Greetings from scenic White Plains (NY) just finished a 4-1/2 hour drive down here for a meeting in the morning. Now I'm waiting for dinner to arrive, so thought I'd check in. Seems pretty quiet here. I think at least a few are on vacation. Deb is doing well but not perfect yet. Teresa is hoping her ankle holds up for a 10K over the weekend. Linda is coming back from yet another setback from video games and not running Roll eyes I brought my running gear with me just in case there was some place around here to run. I wanted to cheat a little and do Friday's run tomorrow because I could get over 50 miles for the month for the first time in ages. guess I'll have to do that in August when there are 5 Sundays again. Last Sunday I got greedy and stretch my long run from 4 to 6.4 (2 laps around the lake) my knee didn't take well to it and ended up walking about a mile back home at the end with only about 5.5 total. Yesterday I did just 3.2 and it felt fine. I'm also doing the knee exercises that helped last time and that I've neglected in the past few months. well dinner arrived and I got distracted for a while. good Chinese Smile now it's bed time. hope to hear from everyone

Where IS everyone? Kevin, are you taping? My daughter uses kinisio tape and it helps. Are you strengthening your quads? That would help. I have to keep on Kim's case about both. Well, she'll pay the price when field hockey starts. Also, warm up, stretch, run, cool down, stretch again. Sounds like a lot but its worth the effort. Gym today. Saving my legs for Saturdays club run of 3 miles and Sundays partner and club run of 11 or more. I might just make it to 13 in time for the cape marathon. Laurie

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Deb--I guess I was a little over-optimistic with my previous line. As I read the daily I see you've been a naughty, naughty runner and not taking your own adivce Roll eyes Please do send pictures after Holly duct tapes you to a post. Laurie--no, no taping. knee exercises and modest buildup (not double the previous) have helped before. just need to remember to do it. Kevin

dg.

Kevin, you made me laugh. Pictures to follow. Wink. After playing mental ping pong all night I decided I'd better take tomorrow off. sigh. I think you should be responsible for a weekly synopsis. Good job. Eliz, are you kayaking? Do you know where you're going to work this fall? Mike, I'm so glad you're happy there & happy running. Are Maggie & Jake happy yet? I think you should post some pictures of the area. What are you doing at your job? Same as the old one? Laurie, woohoo on your LR!!! Sorry about all your stressors. I thought your rhymes were funny. back to Kevin. gradual build up is us. henceforth. Smile Are you back from White Plains? 5 Sundays? So we can start being greedy this weekend? Linda, are you back? How was it & how are you? Hi Roberta. Have you been trying out your doctor's new instructions? Hi Joni. Any more races?
                            Yesterday was gym and yard work. Then I took Ali and her friend shopping and to lunch and to see the Killers in concert. Long day. But a unforgettable performance. It was her 13th Bday. Deb, youre still around. I was starting to wonder where everyone was. Glad youre taking a day off. I have noticed some runners here (me included) overdo it and pay the price later. Hello to all out there. Hope youre enjoying your summer. Going to wash the car. Laurie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm here - just trying not to freak out about my 10K tomorrow. It's supposed to be cloudy (good), 67 degrees (OK), and 90% humidity (ack!!). I think it will be a tough race for me. Oh, well!
                              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good luck tomorrow, Teresa. Have a great time at the race. Beach to Beacon, right?