Masters Running

July and August Masters Monthly Miles (Read 384 times)

July: 136.5 August: 163.4 Year: 960.7 Thanks Wildchild!

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Manchild

August 70.1 July 87 I've been sidelined most recently by a left calf strain and tried to push through it but only aggravated it more. Chris
        Thank you Wildchild... July-168.9 August-198.5 YTD-1261
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, Carolyn. You know that I have been down with this stoopid groin injury, but I still got a few miles in. July: 50.6 August: 116.8 YTD: 1386.5 (surprisingly, still ahead of the 2000-mile pace bunny....)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Ultrachick

Great picture Carloyn and thanks for doing this! Weekly mileage PR-83 July-277.5m August-336.3 Monthly PR YTD-1947.2 Kelly
            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
              SOMEONE has to be the lowest, so I am just doing my part... Clowning around July 62.1 August 66.7 YTD - 574.9 Thanks WC - you're awesome!
              wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, some of you have run some seriously long miles this summer! I'll help bring the average back down: July: 100.0 miles August: 117.7 miles YTD: 906.4 miles Crosstraining: backpacking, about 82 miles My family backpacking trip cut into my running time, a week in July and a week in August, so I was happy I still made 100 miles each month. In July I went out and ran the last 6 miles to make 100 early the morning we left to drive to Wyoming. The family wasn't happy to wait, but I used the excuse that the dogs needed it before 8 hours in the car. Cool I have now consistently run 100 miles or more every month for the last year, except March, which included a two-week vacation in Japan. And vacations trump running any day! PRs: 5 miles 43:23 highest weekly mileage: 37.7

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thanks for doing this!!! July: 265.0 miles August: 305.6 miles YTD: 1,754.5 miles PR's: Lumberjack Days 10 mile: 1:05:12 (7/26/08) Lean Horse 100 mile: 18:36:37 (8/23/08) John
                  huskydon

Thanks so much, WC! July 116.8 miles Aug 117.4 miles YTD 829.6 miles
                    pfriese

Thanks Wildchild. A little cutback on running this summer with an increase in bicycling.
                      July 50.8 miles running 356.3 miles bicycling
                      August97.4 miles running 320.4 miles bicycling
                      Paul
                        Lovely photo starting off this thread. I think I had 65 miles for July and 55 miles for August. Also a 5K race PR in August of 20:10. I didn't keep track the first half of the year. I wasn't running much. But I am going to pick a number that sounds plausible, and say I ran 200 miles total during January-June. That would give me 320 miles for the year to date. Dark Horse
                        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

welcome back kurouma-san. pretty big totals though.'ETA - oh, sorry. I take that back now that I see I'm still ahead YTD by 110 miles. Big grin thanks dear wild one. did you see mariposai up on the top over there in your spectaculare photo? Bi-monthly is great as I just only missed 100 miles by 1.7 miles in July and am happy to get to post 128.5 for July/August JULY - 98.3 miles - 5 days running in two 5K's, marathon, fizzled 50-miler (31.7 miles) + 14 solo miles trail running and 20 getting lost during planned 15-mile warm-up run to a local favorite 10-mile trail event. AUGUST - 30.5 miles in marathon and triathlon YTD - 430.85 miles

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Carolyn! July - 56.8 miles August - 79.8 miles (still recovering from achilles tendonitis) 10K PR - 1:09:02 (10 minute improvement over same course in 2007)
                              Thanks, Wildchild!! Awesome scenery! 226.5 miles for July (PR) 220.4 miles for August 1423.3 miles YTD

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Carolyn Smile July - 226.8 miles - New PR Month August - 234.2 miles - Another New PR Month YTD - 1612 miles What happened to this page Confused Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!