Masters Running

Valentine's Day, 2.14.15 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Happy Valentine's Day, my friends!

I don't have much time this morning, so I'll make this quick.

Dave, I always stretch after a workout, and always feel better for having done so.

Twocat, I use StartPage for my searches, and they claim to not track your searches. I don't use Bing at all, and keep my usage of Google to a minimum.

Great stories about David and basketball and Leslie and volleyball! Great people watching in Central Park by CNY too.

Happy anniversary, Starr, and I hope you and the Mr. feel better. Happy anniversary to Steve too!

6.2 RW miles this morning in 6F temps, so I just squeaked by with a MMTD day. Now DW and I are heading to our fav. dive for a Valentine's Day breakfast. Then, it's off to the indoor farmer's market, and then snow shoeing on the pond early this afternoon before the snow starts.

Keeps smiling, and have a greta day!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sayhey! MM#130

Happy Saturday!

DH is out speed walking....in long pants and long sleeves.  This rarely happens; he stands cold better than I.  I was up early for a race and temp was 43,  feels like 39.  Since it was a 5K, I wore shorts, so this is a very out-of-the-ordinary day for us.

Happy Anniversary, Starr!

So greta to hear Ray on NPR this morning (the remaining Car Guy).

RD had a long stemmed rose for all the wimmins who placed today, very nice, as I always tell DH not to get me anything except a race trip (we're going to Ft. Lauderdale soon for the A1A tomorrow .)

Good hearing from Gordon Lightfoot too, on Scott's am show.  Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald playing now.

Post best remedies for SAD, snowed in folks.  Hang in, spring is coming.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

mornin' guys//..............BigSissyBoy checking in............I have never had so many cold and flu problems in my life

worked out 3-times this month//////////.................whatta BigSissyBoy

30-min poolrun, with belt, back problems continue

..........I think this selling the store thing is compromising my immune system.....

...........good running to ya

.............................as for the KT-Tape in the BikiniArea Comment,

when your hip's hamstring-quad-flexor muscles are hurting like hell, you'd be AMAZED at what you'll try

although you walk kinda funny afterward.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Back to reality. Ran 3 cold miles on our main street which is mostly plowed except for a few icy patches. Hit the road at times to avoid the unshoveled spots and ran on what is left of the bicycle paths. Running past me were hordes of Boston marathon trainees who were all out today to avoid tomorrow's blizzard. This ain't Arizona, Toto!

Hang in there TW-stress does compromise one's immune system.

Enjoy Valentine's Day. Because of our winter wonderland's effect on business our governor has declared Valentine week.

Starr, I hope you recovered enough from the flu to celebrate your anniversary.  Aamos, nice 5K in decent weather.  I'll be curious to hear from Dave about his scheduled race.  The temperature this morning was definitely higher than predicted.  There's some wind and it's still predicted to get real cold tonight.

Nice long runs for Twocat and Holly.

I had clothes laid out for a TM run this morning and was surprised to see the temperature when I got up.  I didn't want to go back in the bedroom and rummage around for outside clothes while my wife was sleeping so did the TM as planned.  I got in 6 miles at a 10:46 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

New skirt in town

Welcome back, Henry and Marj!  We laid out the Welcome Mat for ya:  it's white and about 6 feet deep.  Hope you like it!  I hit the marathon course last weekend for a nice 14-miler, and it was so much fun to be out there with everyone else trying to cram in their miles before the next storm hit!

Today, however, I stuck with my strategy of not doing 2 weekly long runs in a row just yet, until I'm certain of how my foot is doing.  I ran yesterday, and then I ran again today, so that's the first time in months that I've allowed myself to run 2 days in a row!  And my foot doesn't hurt a bit, so that's a true milestone.  After 6.5 miles on the treadmill (which I will admit to loving at this point, because of its utility for rehab AND for beating the snow!), I headed off to the gym and spent 1 hr 40 min on the elliptical.  Next weekend, I'll try to go long again on my foot.  I'm feeling SO encouraged with my progress so far.

Bring on the blizzard!  By the time the roads are clearer, I'll be physically ready to lay down the miles on them!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Tramps

Bring on the blizzard!  By the time the roads are clearer, I'll be physically ready to lay down the miles on them!

Great attitude!  Hope everyone's making it through okay.  Some of you are pros at this now.

Local rail trail half for me this morning.  Yesterday was 12F in the morning and tomorrow's supposed to be 11F with 25 mph winds, but today was a perfect 25F and only mild wind.  I had a blast.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good way to look at it Robin and great news about the foot. You've been so smart about the recovery.

20 miles for me with Iron J at 8:20 pace. Easily MMTD with a range of -1-5º  Wind was calm and we finished up before the snow started. I am resting up for the next round of shoveling-cross-training.

Happy Anniversary Starr!

TW, you are in no way a Sissy Boy, but careful with that KT tape!

Nice to get roses at a race Amy. Mr. CNYrunner proposed on Valentine's Day, so we do mark the moment. I am glad he asked and that I said yes.

New skirt in town

My DH also proposed on Valentine's Day!

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

My DH also proposed on Valentine's Day!

--RT

Love it! More connections and a sister you are indeed!

Mariposai

My DH also proposed on Valentine's day. 30 years ago he asked the question and I answer yes. We have been pampering each other all day as a celebration.

Today was a 20 miler for me. The first 6 miles in town inspired me to run the next 11 at MP. It was a perfect running weather.  55 when I finished.

My DH served me breakfast in bed, now it is my time to cook something special for him. Lobster tail and a few other things.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Nice runs, folks!

Valentines was a bit of a bust here, as both DH and I have the Cold that won't quit. Ribs aching from coughing,  sinuses and throats sore, heads "full of cheese", as DH likes to put it.  Haven't run since Monday.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Tramps well I guess that means you are not going to approve of my attitude!    I have had it!  Just had it!  I am starting to wonder if blowing up some sort of nuclear device to warm up the north east might be a good idea.    It was in the single digits when my DW woke up.  About 11 when I did.  It made it all the way to 20 by 10am when I decided that was as good as it was going to get for my 14 mile run.  Now, of course, it is snowing again.  Then tomorrow, of course, the high will be in the teens.  Heck, the weather report does not have it breaking 30 for the next 10 days.  In a similar vein, more snow is coming during the week.  I tell you the north east is a great place, if you are a snow flake.  If you are a person . . . harrumph!!!  

In Valentine's day news, I did not propose on Valentine's day.  In fact, I have no idea what day I proposed on.    I bet my DW does not either.  I am not even sure I ever did the down on one knee thing.  We were 22 when we got married, the day after we graduated from college.  Hopefully, the dinner I made tonight makes up for my otherwise romanticism deficit.  We split a dry aged porterhouse steak with a pomegranate juice reduction, roast asparagus with parmesan cheese, twice baked potatoes and for dessert my own recipe for chocolate liquor banana bread made with baby bananas.  If you have never had a baby banana you do not know what you are missing!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's day.  Happy running all.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

It's interesting to hear about a number of Valentine's day proposals.

I ran a couple miles today just to a feel for what to do tomorrow. I had already decided to switch from the half to a 5k, but with possible -30 wind chills I'm not sure about running at all. I've been following a discussion on Facebook where there is disagreement about what to do.

So far the RD says the event is on for anyone who wants to show up but he did say he was considering canceling the half.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I know I didn't propose on Valentine's Day, but that's about all I remember about the date.  Pretty sure DW remembers everything.  She's the institutional memory of the family.

Nice long runs in here, some despite the weather, some enjoying unreasonably pleasant weather.  As for me, I think I set a new PR with a whopping 4.2 miles on the TM.  Not saying I'll ever really enjoy it, but it does seem to becoming a little more tolerable.  However, the gym has already announced that they'll be closed tomorrow, so it appears that I'll be getting my exercise hanging onto a shovel or snowblower.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.