Masters Running

Tue Feb 3 Runs and etc (Read 643 times)

evanflein

sr, tough news. Hope all goes well with your dad. Scary how that stuff does catch up to you, no? Best wishes to you and your family and I hope he recovers well.

Renee the dog

Got 3 easy miles in on the sand at dusk-- sandwiched between Mr Nono's conference calls. Hip felt good out there. SRL -- gosh that's just rough news to hear. So sorry! Sad

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

SRL - tough news, for sure. Sad Please keep us posted.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Greetings Milder day today; got out this morning for an easy five miles, then did a 1500 yard swim at lunch. Run was ok, some sciatic pain but not too bad. Legs were a bit sore/tired from 75 minutes/12 miles on the elliptical yesterday and Sundays' run/ski combo. Not very sore, just confused muscles. jdmom, I would vote in favor of a cut back. You have ramped your miles up quickly and had some injury issues. A lighter week might be a big help to restore your sproink. I am of course in injury paranoia mode. but if there is no big race on the immediate horizon, what could it hurt to be on the safe side? there is always cross training. Ten days until my first shot. Sure hope it works...
          lamerunner

PS Sr, very sorry about your dad. Hope all goes as well asit can.
            Mariposai

yeap, let us go out for a walk, (even around the house) and send tons of prayers to lift up the SRLopez family as they deal with this news.....

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

{{{srlopez and his dad}}} hope the surgery goes well. Even though it is an absolutely perfect beautiful day to run, mostly sunny, into the 50's, no wind, I messed up and realized this morning that I had a prior committment. Now I've run out of time to run. On the good side, I think I convinced someone today to try the couch to 5K program. I might go along with her to make sure she does it.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

Robert, hope your dad's surgery goes well! Just wondering - how do smoking and drinking contribute to aneurysms?
                  One cause of aneurysms is atherosclerosis, which is when plaque clogs (hardens and narrows) your arteries. And one contributor to this condition is smoking. Also high cholesterol. Drinking does not contribute directly to that, based on what I know, but it does lots of other stuff. Besides, smokin and drinkin generally goes alongside 'kind of poor diet'. At least in my family. What I do NOT know is how much of this got passed down to me and how much is related to his own life choices. Luckily I'm hooked up to tubes and machines a lot anyway, so my monitoring is good!

King of PhotoShop

I hope he is okay Robert. When you come down, I would be honored to go for a run with you. Spareribs
                    xor

I hope he is okay Robert. When you come down, I would be honored to go for a run with you. Spareribs
                      That would be cool. This first trip is an express one, alas. I'm coming in the night before his surgery and leaving the morning after. No time. However, I am coming back in March for a week or two to help take care of him... maybe then! The "nice" thing is that I have four step siblings and a half sister (who is also a nurse). Between the six of us, we can help my step mom fairly consistently. And I don't have to feel like The World's Worst Kid because I live 2,000 miles away. All the other siblings live in Texas. Mom and dad won't be alone. Side note: yes, I live in a Brady Bunch family. 3 step brothers (two are twins), 1 step sister, and 1 half sister. Out of all that, I'm my dad's only blood son.

Head Procrastinator

That would be cool. This first trip is an express one, alas. I'm coming in the night before his surgery and leaving the morning after. No time. However, I am coming back in March for a week or two to help take care of him... maybe then! The "nice" thing is that I have four step siblings and a half sister (who is also a nurse). Between the six of us, we can help my step mom fairly consistently. And I don't have to feel like The World's Worst Kid because I live 2,000 miles away. All the other siblings live in Texas. Mom and dad won't be alone. Side note: yes, I live in a Brady Bunch family. 3 step brothers (two are twins), 1 step sister, and 1 half sister. Out of all that, I'm my dad's only blood son.
                        All I have to say is if Spareribs invites you over for dinner GO!!! You won't be sorry. Plus you get to meet The Saint which will negate anything he does that..........ok I will be quiet now Wink
                        ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

"older but not dead yet"

Here is a slideshow (I hope) of those wintry trails I ran this morning for those people who don't use Facebook.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w133.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w133.photobucket.com/albums/q79/aebelisle/cadfe0b7.pbw" height="360" width="480" />

Alex
                          Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.
                          xor

Hi Alex. You want to learn about the "a" tag... that's how you'd embed an url on this site (you can use the link button too... that's the one that looks like an earth with a chain link in front of it) Alex's cool slide show.

Sorry about your Dad, lopez. Hope everything turns out OK. 6 easy miles for me this evening. Beautiful day here in OK....but then again, aren't they all?!
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

"older but not dead yet"

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w133.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w133.photobucket.com/albums/q79/aebelisle/cadfe0b7.pbw" height="360" width="480" />

Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.