Masters Running

Wed Mar 12 Masters Daily (Read 557 times)

Forget that beautiful or strong stuff...Mariposai, please just tell me how I get one of those runs where I feel tall. Does it stick around post-run, too? (((vista/brother/family)))

Marathon Maniac #957

Forget that beautiful or strong stuff...Mariposai, please just tell me how I get one of those runs where I feel tall.
      Just run next to ME. Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

And put me on the other side! (Although in my mind, I am tall and willowy, like Jo in Little Women.) Pshew, it was WINDY today--I felt like a kite! Quintessential March--51 degrees and sunny--the yellow of the willow branches against the blue of the creek was brilliant! Oh Steve--you made me laugh--I left my jacket at the start of the Dublin Dash Saturday and someone picked it up--to ID it, I found myself encouraging the person to look in the pockets for dog biscuits and (unused) poop bags! ps: Frank's lost 7 pounds, the vet is happy. ( Frank, not so much. )
        Masters 2000 miles
          Running down the road with a dog biscuit clenched in your teeth sort of screws up my credibility in this town.
          Somehow I don't think you need to worry about that anymore. Tongue Ladies, ladies, I'll trade you my tall if you will give me some of that strong and beautiful stuff. 11.5 miles @ 10:55 pace. I felt really good. The music on my iPOD put me into complete bliss mode for the first half of the run. I'm not sure why it sounded so clear and good. I had forgotten it yesterday at the gym, and that run really sucked. Today, the opposite.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hooray, the road has SHOULDERS again!! How exciting. It was 38 degrees and misting when I started out at 1:30 this afternoon. I managed 8.2 miles in 1:31:35. 0.2 miles farther than I went last week! Here are interesting statistics about my pace on recent long runs: 6.5 miles - 12:04 minutes/mile 7.0 miles - 11:53 7.5 miles - 11:38 8.0 miles - 11:16 8.2 miles - 11:10 I find that very odd! I'm getting faster as my runs get longer, even though I don't FEEL any faster. I guess running more days a week is paying off. Time for a shower!! Teresa

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nice job Teresa!! I think I found Dark Horse - out saving the world from giant squirrels! No wonder he has not time to post anymore! Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mary, I never laughed so hard in my life - you guys grow big squirrels around there! Maybe your picture will bring our friend Dark Horse back. Just got home from work - it's 40F and there's no wind. Putting on the running stuff and I'm outta here. I hope I feel tall, strong and beautiful like Mariposai. I'm "heighth challenged" to begin with, and I heard that as you age you start to shrink. I may be having some problems! Shocked Happy Wednesday night, everyone. Jeanne
                wildchild

Carolyn

snork! Hopeful, that picture is hilarious! If DarkHorse is lurking nearby, he's sure to speak up. Big grin Teresa, good job on the long run and speedier times. You're getting stronger. Are you over your crud? Runningindc, that was quite a story. Interesting that you ignore cops and sirens, and they ignore runners. Have emergency personnel gotten desensitized to seeing runners go by? Wink SteveP, your dog has you trained reel good. Holly, have fun house shopping! I'm sure proximity to good running routes and trails is at the top of your list. Aamos, I'm not sure about Ft. Collins yet. It's a definite maybe. If I go, I'd love to meet you for a pre- or post-race meal. Not sure if I'd stay overnight or just make it a day trip. But the race starts early, so maybe it would make sense to drive the day before. Btb, hope your coworkers don't infect you. Running by the water smelling salty sea air sounds wonderful! How do you figure 296 miles to the finish line at Boston? You have all your runs planned down to the mile? I went out for 5.1 miles at lunchtime. 55 degrees and cloudy, and getting kind of breezy. Mari, I tried to feel tall, beautiful, and strong, but alas, it was not one of those runs. But I saw a guy on the trail who fit the bill - does that count? Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Forget that beautiful or strong stuff...Mariposai, please just tell me how I get one of those runs where I feel tall. Does it stick around post-run, too?
                    I guess the reason why I was feeling "tall" today is because I was focusing on my form, trying to put a lot of space between my ribs. I normally tend to slouch some as I run, specially during the later part of the long run. Sorry sister...no magic formula here Tongue

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Another 6 mile run on the TM, followed by a full day of skiing. It's snowing now and we're supposed to get 4 to 8 tonight, so tomorrow should be a great day. Hope everyone is running well and doing good. Haven't been able to keep up with the dailies. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

SteveP

(((((Vista's family)))))

SteveP

PJH

Went out for a supposedly easy run around dinner time tonight. Covered 7.2 miles in 1:11 @ 9:53 pace. HR was unusually high at 148 for this "ez pace". Felt okay, so not sure what's up with that. Good to get in a recovery-type run though after last's night tempo run. Have two of my grand-daughters over for a sleep-over tonight. The house takes on a different air when they're about. Really neat to be truthful. They've made a fort in our TV room ...brings back old memories of my kids, not to mention me. Great running out there ...keep it up! PJ

GreenMan

Happy Winds-day, as Winnie the Pooh would say. Just got done with breakfast... one of my favorite 7 meals of the day. (another Pooh-ism) ....Smile
                            LOL, btb, Surely we are related. I got on my baked and headed back up the mountain. 32.6 miles biking bisected by 1 miles walking and 8 miles running Ribs improve daily, hope to get back out in the woods (single track) Saturday. I got lucky and found a Go-Lite Lite-Speed backpack in Damascus, almost exactly the size limit for carry on. Smile JJJ
                            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Renee the dog

Great reading through the thread today. Bad night last night -- my son had me up 8x...and luckily my daughter slept through the night. I might have jumped out the window otherwise. Clowning around Survived the day and my sitter came over after her dance class -- got in 2 1/2 mi with the dog. She's a new woman, as am I!! The only other time I've run at night is during December, to look at everyone's Christmas lights. Well tonight, I almost got a crick in my neck from looking up. The moon was approaching a quarter and looked like a neat little smile sitting up there so high in the sky. The stars were twinkling just perfectly. Saw Orion's belt (I think!). Lots of wind, but not too cold, and it was nice and thin air. We get some seriously thick air around here sometimes, so I try to appreciate the thin stuff. OK, off to check to see if husband's flight ever took off -- he's heading from FL to MA. Good night everyone.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

pfriese

Evening all, Another fine DST evening for a run. 13.1 miles @ 9:41/mile pace. Paul