Masters Running

40+'s On The Run W/E 5/9 (Read 436 times)

flatland mountaineer

Anxiously awaiting word from Leslie......... I got in a 10 mile long run in you guessed it The MUD, well at least 8 miles of it was in very soft sloppy dirt roads. I looked at the garmin as running 12 min + miles at times, walking just to stay upright in the messier portions. I welcomed the sandier soils and hills as I got closer to town. When I hit the streets for the last 2 couldn't believe the pace increase with the same percieved effort. I met one out of area vehicle on my road that earned the driver the single finger salute when he didn't give me much consideration. Most folks are pretty good around here, usually not a problem. Reminds me of a story my neighbor told me about running in a tough rural area in the mtns. Achieved our goal of getting our irrigated corn in by the 10th of May with a rather epic 30 hour run fri/sat. Even got my run in Sat nite as Lynda was tied up with wheat fertilizing duties so I ran home from the field. Woke up to another 1/2 inch of rain this morning. This rain is inconvenient but I remind myself that in 2002 we were hoping for a rain at this time just so my planter could penetrate the dry hard soil. This is so much better. Wheat looks fantastic. Corn market and general economy have maybe (knocks on wood) turned the corner. So hopefully better weeks to come as we have had a very rocky in all ways 2wks since Kiesha passed (we miss her so). Have 800 or so ac of dryland to get in, hopefully we will get a window of opportunity. Lynda and I entered Bolder Boulder tonite, don't know if we will make it do to farming schedules but if we forfeit our entry fee who cares at this point.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Top 'O the World!

Anxiously awaiting word from Leslie......... I got in a 10 mile long run in you guessed it Lynda and I entered Bolder Boulder tonite, .
      YAY!! **fingers crossed that all goes well for all of us to get there**
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group