Masters Running

Boston Bibs are out..... (Read 541 times)

I am compiling a list of Boston Bound RA/KR runners... I will look for your Bib on this thread....include your first name, if you want it on the list.. (sorry.....I just don't remember everyones real name..... It would also be interesting to know your BQ time and where you obtained your BQ.... I have the list started...and there are a lot of numbers missing.. You can send me an email if you prefer...
      9302 so the back third of wave 1. Having never been I am not exactly sure what all this means. I know there are two starting waves but within a wave is there some organization by number?
      Nope, we're all in the cage together, meaning you and I can meet up and compare notes on the rest o' the gang! Clowning around grins, A
      Masters 2000 miles
      busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Thanks for the tip! I'm in the forth corral, halfway up from last year's 7th or 8th! I'm hoping it is over the hump of the road so I can see the podium and such. busiman (signature line to come)
        -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
        also on Twitter
        evanflein

19179... way back there. Erika Qualified with 3:52:35 at Humpy's Marathon, Anchorage AK, August 2007 (I've since run a 3:49 at Seattle... probably should've updated my time but oh well)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tim, I qualified at the Air Force Marathon last September 15th, with 3:48:51.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

7120 this year...hopefully better weather than 2004... good luck everyone! The Greater Hartford Marathon 2006, October allowed me to baaaarely qualify using their time limits... Made it in ~3:16 back then, not even close to that shape now though... Dale
              btb1490

3010 here. I'll be starting in the 4th corral though with my friend. Ottawa was my qualifying race with a 3:01:33 under the name of Bob.
                  Hey Tim, Thanks for putting this together! #5921 Qualified at Boston last year 3:12:09 John
                    The list is coming together....it will be interesting to see how the Corrals line up with BQ time...
                      wa5yom you might want to start a new thread with a title that lets people know what you are doing. This one is kind of cryptic for your purposes. I managed a 3:23:11 in the Marine Corps Marathon last October.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Maniac 505

Amy, that's WAY back for you. are you healthy now? 3 months since I've really run. decided that's to long and I am going to the doctor. kind of expect the boot, but since I am facing a 90 mile commute for a few months, an unfit for duty would be good news. Congrats to all the Boston runners You worked hard to earn this, In 2006 I was in corral 10 (back of the first wave) with a 3:30:08, a cool runner that was 16 seconds slower was 16 places farther back. in 2007, I was in corral 11, almost 100 numbers back (front of the second wave) with the same qualifying time, It sounds like Boston keeps getting faster and they sold out this year. I wonder when they will change qualifing times? '06 was the first year of the two wave start, and I was really glad I was in the first wave, I felt at that time, the second wave wouldn't have felt like the "real" Boston marathon. But, starting at the front of the pack on "07 was cool (though the weather wasn't great) the two packs merged quicker then I expected, and I never felt like a lesser runner. the crowd was the same both years. Bottom line, starting front, middle, or back. it is the same crowd, same pack, same spectators, same course, and the same experience. and there is NOTHING like Boston! I'm looking forward to following the race from a distance this year. (Amy, who are you betting this year) Dave
                        Nope, we're all in the cage together, meaning you and I can meet up and compare notes on the rest o' the gang! Clowning around grins, A
                        btb1490

3 months since I've really run. decided that's to long and I am going to the doctor. kind of expect the boot, but since I am facing a 90 mile commute for a few months, an unfit for duty would be good news. Congrats to all the Boston runners You worked hard to earn this
                          Dave, best of luck with your recovery. You earned it too, it just didn't work out for you this year. I'm looking forward to the day where I can greet you in Boston and wish you a great race! Thanks for your post.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Now this is Kewl! On the BAA "Entrants" page: "Athletes with bib numbers 1-13,999 will start in Wave One. Athletes with bib numbers 14,000+ will start in Wave Two" Since I'm 14360, first corral of second wave, no elites = open road!! I feel elite! I qualified Feb 07 with 3:35:49.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

wooooohooooo!! i LOVE reading this thread!! you guys are going to ROCK BOSTON!! i have my volunteer assignments: sat 4/12 packet stuffing - so i just might be the person who put your runner's bag together!! and medical sweep team - hopefully none of you will need my services but i will be at the finish assisting runners who need to go into the medical tent so exciting!! - next best thing to running Boston is being a volunteer!!

denise

btb1490

wooooohooooo!! i LOVE reading this thread!! you guys are going to ROCK BOSTON!! i have my volunteer assignments: sat 4/12 packet stuffing - so i just might be the person who put your runner's bag together!! and medical sweep team - hopefully none of you will need my services but i will be at the finish assisting runners who need to go into the medical tent so exciting!! - next best thing to running Boston is being a volunteer!!
                                Denise, if you are stuffing bag # 3010, throw a few extra goodies in it, ok? Wink Having visited post race medical tents more than once, on behalf of friends who have ended up there, I can't tell you how invaluable and appreciated your services are. Here you are cooped up in a tent all day, working your butt off (well hopefully not), one of the first to arrive and last to leave, behind the scenes helping fallen runners out. Thank you.