Masters Running

Me Minus Five by March" campaign/week 2 (Read 358 times)

Mariposai

Hi, can I jump in late?  We're weighing in weekly?

YES!!! it is not too late to jump in. Anyone, anytime. Our goal is to loose 5 pounds by March.

YEs, we are weighing in weekly. Some of us are doing it Wednesday, some Thursdays...just do what is best for you.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I started on the 2nd, and am down 2+ lbs.   Where is Econo?   Is she still eating monster cookies?  She started all this!

Mariposai

I started on the 2nd, and am down 2+ lbs.   Where is Econo?   Is she still eating monster cookies?  She started all this!

yeah!!! I was wondering the same thing!!!

our monster leader left us?

way to go maEcono!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

still eating everything in sight in Japan that won`t be available anymore when I go back to the states, I`m pretty sure I`ve figured out why last week`s Imperial Palace Marathon took almost two hours longer than the Seattle Marathon in November.  I hope coming back this weekend`ll keep me from having to switch athletic interests from trying to be a runner to sumo.

I kept looking at all the fish and various delectible parts streaming by on the kaiten conveyor belt sushi at lunch today that I won`t have anymore after this weekend and ended up with almost twice as many empty platters (12) as usual. I`m sure lucky that there`s no all-you-can-eats anywhere nearby .

when I saw a crowd of shoppers grabbing one-kilogram plastic bags of frozen tuna like crazy for only 500yen. I couldn`t pass up such a deal.  Then it struck me that I didn`t have any place to put let alone eat it all so I gave it to an unsuspeceting favorite skewer (kushi) shop for pretty much all-you-can-eat shish-ka-bobs. 

This might be the wrong thread but, with no particular craving for the tiramisu chocolates being featured all over the place for Italian week or something ( I think they also had one when I was here last summer too but it was tiramisu ice cream then), I`m hoping I can find someone who can enjoy them better than I can when I get back next week. 

thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Down 2.5 today. Actually saw -3 earlier, but let's keep this offiicial.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

C-R

I stepped on that which not be named last night and it read 177 and 21%. Happy with that considering the Disney trip.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

176.5.  Up a half from last week.  Boooo.

Not at it at all. 

Queen of 3rd Place

I stepped on that which not be named last night and it read 177 and 21%. Happy with that considering the Disney trip.

Yeah, and did I mention the DEE-licious mai-tais at the Polynesian? I'm sure those puppies were 500 calories a pop. They came home with me, around my waist. Sad

Ex runner

Here I am. An inauspicious start for me -- I'm at Me + 1.5. Ahem. I have eaten a monster cookie or two, and also am eating everything else, it appears.

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm glad I don't weigh in until Thursday, because I have an idea it would be unhappy news if it were today....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

150.4 so I made my goal (if you don't count the 0.4).  Now to hold here for a while and try to inch down to 148 by March so I can keep on track with you guys.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Note to self:  do not step on scales on a Monday morning, just after breakfast.

Shocked

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Jlynne

Weigh myself? On a Monday? Whoaaaaa - I don't think so. Even Wednesday or Thursday is looking a little "iffy" Disapprove

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

new weight PR.

Since I’ve always loved all the traditional Japanese foods, it’s usually possible to overlook most of the new tastes in different food and drink varieties always being testing out. Not so this time as, in only nine days, probably because of all the new potato chip varieties (cream stew, scallops, pollock eggs, etc., . . . to go along with my favorite seaweed ones) I passed an old weight PR that took a two-and-a-half month stay to achieve three years ago.

It probably would have been more but, not being a big fan of chocolates in the first place, I brought the chocolate covered potato chips back in case anyone around Seattle is interested, . . . tiramisu and cream cheese ones too. .

Unfortunately, I came back too soon for a few more trips to the local hot springs spa where the really hot pool (106 degrees) seems to have helped in getting rid of more than two of those extra pounds in just a few dips. Now, I just wonder when my skin'll stop being so red anymore.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

aka FlyingFinn

Still on a cauliflower kick, I made this spicy vegetable stew recently.

I left out the cream and didn't stir in the yogurt, just added it to the bowl as served with the nuts and cilantro on top. Yum.

Down one pound.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver