Masters Running

The Tamster's birthday daily thread (11/23/11) (Read 339 times)

Mariposai

Happy birthday to a gorgeous lady, a great runner and a magnificent friend.

Tammy, you are such an inspiration to me! Happy birthday, my friend.

Tuesday was tempo day for me. I was able to fit in 12 miles in three different runs...

At 5am: 2 easy miles in the rain.
    In the afternoon after work and after a huge turkey and ham meal (aka office party): I drove to the gym for a tempo session, but once I drove to the parking lot I discovered that I had no running shoes...so, I had to drive home to get my shoes, then drove back to the gym where I ran 2 easy miles then 2 miles at tempo (8:31). The gym closes at at 6pm...so I drove back home to keep on running on my new to me-TM. Man, I am going to really enjoy this TM this winter. So, after running half a mile easy I went back to run 4 more miles at tempo pace with some C/D miles afterwards. 12 miles for the day with 6 miles @8:31.

I really enjoyed the Tuesday's being thankful thread! Each one of you keep inspiring me to be a "better me".

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Well Nancy, I guess that's one way to get your miles in! So... What sort of treadmill did you get? And I missed where your old one bit the dust ( you did have one earlier, right?) but agree you'll get a lot of use out of it this winter (and many more!). I know I sure rely on mine.

Happy birthday, Tamster! May you have many happy miles in the year to come!

As long as we're talking about Tuesday runs... Aftter elliptical at lunch, and shopping after work (geez that should count as cross training!) I ran 5.2 miles on the treadmill, even tho the temperature had risen to about zero outside. I just didn't want to deal with bundling up for a 5 mile run.

Happy Birthday Tammy! 

Thanks Maraposai for starting off with a birthday cheer for Tammy. Four miles in the rain for me on this Thanksgiving Day eve. The post-marathon soreness has worn off for the most part and I am loving the no-plan running. No real post-race blues either.

Happy Birthday Tammy!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Happy Birthday Tammy!!  Hope it's a MARVELOUS day!!  Big grin

denise

Slo

Have a very Happy Birthday Tammy!

Tammy, I thought about you recently.  We had a mini-family reunion with a cousin from Duluth and her family who have scattered out into various small towns in Minn.  The subject of my running came up, because out of about 20 people, I'm the only runner and they asked when I was coming up there to run a marathon.  I said, well I have a friend who grew up there and just ran Grandma's so now I think they're expecting me to do it.  To celebrate your birthday, let's make a date to meet up there like we've talked about before and maybe somewhere else in the meantime.

I hope today is everything you hope for.  Happy happy birthday!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey--happy birthday!  Yeah--plan that marathon with Opie so I can up and see you again...and meet Opie, too.

HAPPY B'DAY tammy//.........Good Running to ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Happy Birthday Tammy!! Enjoy the day!

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Birthday, hot tub queen!  Live long and prosper!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

#artbydmcbride

HB Tammy!   Have yourself a lovely glass of champagne while you loll your naked self in the hot tub!  Big grin

Runners run

Happy Birthday Tammy!

Once a runner . . .

Dave59

Happy Birthday.  (Ilene's comment almost left me speechless but I recovered.)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Birthday oh hot tub goddess.

Hope to see you back up here in the more northwest part of the PNW for a hot. .. , I mean run sometime.

maybe ilene can pick up dave along the way

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)