Masters Running

Saturday, 8.8.15 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' kids.

I'm sorry I missed yesterday, with all the kid problems, moving issues, berry picking, pie-making, Jeep painting, and lots of good running and the like too! I'm glad you came to an 'understanding' with DD - issues like that are best nipped in the bud. Ribs, I painted a Jeep once: I was in high school, and my folks bought a place in upstate NY (south of Poughkeepsie, near where the Taconic & Rt. 44 cross), and it came with an old but functional Jeep. One weekend, some HS buddies and I got some green, blue, white and yellow spray paint and lots of adhesive tape, and we painted that Jeep plaid. After that, everyone knew when it was my mom driving down the road...

7.2 RW miles in IWC this morning: 58F, and a clear sky. Gotta like that. Farmer's market is on the agenda this morning, and I'm looking forward to lots of delicious, fresh-picked, local veggies.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

evanflein

Mornin' Jay! Not too often that I follow you on daily! Would love to see a picture of the plaid Jeep....

Getting ready to head out to North Pole for the half marathon. The weather looks good but the smoke came back a bit last night so our air quality is down to "Moderate," but that's still ok. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night between taking DH to the airport just after midnight, and cleaning up cat puke from the other Midnight when I got back. DS2 is home from Hawaii for a break, and he left with a friend last night and didn't come back. So.... it's just me and the cats here for now, which is also ok.

...mornin' jay........

going to the hospital monday,

surgery is tues AFTERNOON so NPO for 14-hours........meh

ya ever notice how,

when you hurt yourself Really Bad,

you feel like throwing up??

well, with Chronic Pain it's like feeling that way in Slow Motion,,,,,,you're just not in the mood to eat anything.

which

will be

the basis of my New Book

''The Chronic Pain Weight Loss Diet''

watch for it this Fall

=============

but I digress........

30-min poolrun deep end only

hopefully another tonorrow,

then

you probably won't hear from me for a couple of weeks

til I can get back upstairs

where the computer is

take care of each other,

I'm leaving tet and steveP in charge til I get back

...............Good Running Guys................Enjoy the Gift.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Best wishes TW.  Remember, the discomfort for a short time, will be endurable just knowing how much better you are going to feel from now on.  I'm betting on it.

Jay, what town was that in Dutchess County?  The Saint is from Poughkeepsie and Wappingers Falls. We know that area well.  I'll post pictures of the Jeep after he puts the door handles, etc., back on it.  But I  will say that it looks beautiful.

4 miles with the Saint, just to get my 35 in for the week.  It's blazing hot here now during this heat spell, so we just jogged it to get the workout done.  Spareribs

take care of each other,

Oh oh. We're in trouble now! Just kidding Tom. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers till you come back with some really good news. Hope all goes well.

I hope everything is okay with your family too, Mike.

4 miles in soupy, humid weather this morning with a few raindrops mixed in. Like Jay, I went to the local farmer's market and got lots of stuff. And - the Brussels sprouts are ready!!  I'm planning on grilling those with a couple of nice marinated salmon steaks and some garlic pull-apart bread.

Can't wait to see pictures of the Jeep

Enjoy your last couple of days with MBE Enke.

Good luck with the half marathon Erika and hope the air quality improves.

Sayhey! MM#130

Steve better get Mari or someone to help or we'll be having Doritos and ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

14 for me and 12 for DH this am.

happy weekending all

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Now there is a description that I loved "garlic pull apart bread"!  Enjoy jlynne.

Here is a shot of the Jeep before painting. Notice that it was once blue but over time has gotten kind of purplish.

SteveP

take care of each other,

...............Good Running Guys................Enjoy the Gift.........

OKAY! Starting tomorrow and until TW comes back, all posts will be in chronological order according to name and gender. Now drop and give me 20.

SteveP

King of PhotoShop

Here is the Jeep now, in our driveway.  No mirrors, door locks or other accessories.  They go on tomorrow.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Best wishes from Maine to TW. don't know anyone who's had a hip done, but everyone who's had a knee or two done wonders why they didn't do it sooner. Here's to happy results.

4.5 Maine miles. Was very aware that I slackd this week.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hi all!!  16 hours on the labor floor again yesterday and going in at 3am for another 16 Sunday. Not loving all these long days, but the night shift is sorely understaffed right now and besides helping out my co-workers, the DT$$ helps.

35.2 hilly miles on the bike on tired legs followed by a 5.2 mile run. Had the chiro work on that left butt pain - gave me some stretches to do and told me to ice when I can. It wasn't too bad on the run today but not great either.

Sorry to all having kid problems. We have had our share with Justin and with his mental illness we know there will likely be more difficult times ahead. Right now - he's taking his medicine and doing well so we all take the time to enjoy life!!

tw - 14 hours NPO sounds like a very long time!! I would clarify and see if you can have an early light breakfast then be NPO for the typical 8 hours. Will be thinking of you and praying for a successful surgery!!

denise

Mike, sorry to hear about more problems with Eric.  Dave, my next race is the Crim so it may be awhile until our paths cross at a race.  tomw, good luck with your surgery.  ribs, the Jeep is looking good.

Nice long runs for Holly and Aamos.

This morning it was in the mid 60s and almost calm.  I did 10 miles at an 11:47 pace.  It was a bit hard from the start but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Henrun

We're spending a long weekend in the NY Hamptons at my BIL's place. Yesterday cycled 15 miles with my BIL and SIL ( NOTE: TW my BIL had a hip done several years ago and he cycles almost daily).

This am ran 3 miles and we're about to head to the beach. Beautiful weather here.

mta: BIL also skis every winter

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

don't tell tom but everyone is hereby authorized

to be on long overdue tapers you  probably never took

until tom gets back on-line.

you probably won't hear from me for a couple of weeks

til I can get back upstairs where the computer is

take care of each other,

maybe dave can stop by TomTown on his way to WeVa

and connect up that computer for downstairs use

so we don't lose touch with his recovery

and wisdome for the next month.

otherwise, I'll come back and do it.

ps - did erika ever work for a lawyer

she knows too much.

have fun in the North Pole today.

See if there's anymore 4hr marathon presents for this Christmas

Actually six hours would be just fine.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Good Luck Tom White!

And um, thanks Tet and Steve?!

Hello all...way behind here, but never completely away.