Masters Running

October Masters Miles (Read 413 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Halloween! It's time once again to post your monthly mileage totals. Feel free to list any PRs: races, most miles in a month or week or single run, or any other random running statistic you keep track of. PWs are OK to post too... as long as you're not whining about them. I thought it would be fitting to use Mary's marathon picture here, as it was one of the highlights of October for all of us. Hope that's OK with you, Mary!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Someone add a picture from Peter's BQ marathon last weekend! 156.0 Miles in October. 1716.3 Miles YTD (2000 for the year looks easily within reach.) Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, Carolyn! October: 184.4 miles YTD: 1740.9 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Prince of Fatness

OCT: 176.9 YTD: 1679.7 Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

Top 'O the World!

Thanks Carolyn! Smile Oct miles: 96.1 (lowest in months due to tapering & random small injuries Roll eyes ) YTD miles: 1014.5 ran 1st full marathon ran slowest 5K Sad
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Happy Halloween is right Carolyn - you scared me when I saw that photo!! Smile 96.2 miles for October 1217.7 for the year - every mile is a new PR after the 1,000 mark was passed. Thanks for doing this - and yes, it is okay that you used my picture - that was sweet of you to think of me as one of the October highlights.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

This is sad.... Sad Oct. - 60.1 YTD - 701 No injuries, just inability to get out of bed early enough. BUT, I did run a 5K 2 weeks ago in 30:04 which was WAY fast for ME! And I AM going to up my mileage tremendously this month. Yes I am. Thanks WildChild!

The Jogger

Thanks Carolyn Passed the 1,000 mark this week, at last!!!!! Oct 123m Roy
                    123 miles for the month 1336 YTD 5000 meters swim time Thanks Carolyn
                      163.2 for October.....pretty good, highest in 6 months. 1605.4 year to date.....also pretty good as I had signed up to beat the 1500 pace bunny. Maybe next year I can shoot for 2,000. No PR's.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Menace to Sobriety

New forum member here: Oct 185 YTD 1527 Was hoping to finally top 200 this month, but tweaked an ankle playing basketball and had to take a couple days off....maybe Nov.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Wow - some serious running by a lot of folks this month. 136.3 for me, 1262.3 for the year. I also PR'd a 5K on 10/18, 26:57. All in all, not a bad month. Nice picture, Mary! Thanks for taking on this task every month, Carolyn!
                            108 miles for October. Edited to add: 528 miles year to date. Not a lot of miles compared to other people here, but this year is shaping up to be my second-highest mileage total ever, after my PR of 900 miles in 2007. Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                            TammyinGP

99 miles of running for me. 99 miles of running. take one down, run it around . . . oh, wrong song. nevermind.

Tammy

235.3 miles for October 2055.3 YTD .... I have met my 2008 year goal of running more than 2000 miles...it's a PR in my 25+ years running