Masters Running

Mundey, 8.3.15 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' kids,

Nice workouts yesterday, Deeze, Stumpy, Roch, Holly, Enke, Hermosaboy, Mariposai, Mike, and Evanflein!  Great relay racing (WildChild),  photos (Mike), dinner (Evanflein), trip op (TomWhite), and multi-tasking (Holly) - just like Enke and Evanflein, I've never thought about doing the treadmill while letting hair color set...

You're right Holly; health trumps money every time. I hope you can get DH to slow down for his sake, and, of course, so you can sleep late on the weekends.

Yesterday, DH and I did a Trader Joe's run, and also picked up a new dehumidifier for the basement (very exciting, I know). Then, I mixed my new favorite recipe for killing weeds (vinegar, epsom salts and dish liquid) and sprayed down our brick walks, and pulled more weeds elsewhere. DW pulled a couple o' bags of ferns that will take over our entire property if we let them. They look great and require almost no maintenance, but they spread like crazy! Finally, we went out to dinner with the folks who live next door because we haven't seen them in month, and that seems to be the only way we can get together with them. We went to a fairly local seafood restaurant and sat outside on a patio and had a delightful evening.

Monday is my SRD, and I even slept in a bit this morning!

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

Out for 3+ miles his morning in the increasing H&H while Marj keeps her DGS busy. This was his first overnight here without his older sister. He slept well but decided  he didn't want to stay another night, so we're off to NH this afternoon.

Yesterday I went to my annual Fenway Park outing. Even though they lost (what else is new?) it was a good game and I stayed the full 9 innings (I usually leave after 7-8).

Have good runs and enjoy August adventures.

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - Congratulations on surviving your first relay!

Mike - those girls just make me smile - can they be any cuter?

Erika - I didn't mean to have such a multi-tasking run, but if I had waited until after taking DD to church, it would have been too hot.

No run for me today, just 35 minutes or so of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

swim - No Walden Pond and the thirty minutes in the lake with synchronized Blue Angels, Harriers, helicopters performing in the blue skies overhead were probably what deezie could do in ten minutes.  However, as the miracle summer continues in the PNW, for sure my longest swim in seven-or-eight years ever since the long-distance tri's became too daunting and not worth all the training and expensive entry fees <<<($600>>>.needed to avoid a DNF.  I sure don't remember my back and the rest of me being so sore though.

.Beautiful legs wildchild with a beautiful evening sunset and the blue moon rising followed by the morning sunrise and the moonset.  Those kind of beautiful legs are the best motivation for 100-mile ultras and continuing on through the night in your inevitable 100-miler one of these days. Pick a full moon date if you can.
          Uhmmmmmmmmm, erika rockfish.
          Pacific Ocean perch is my favorite, . . .

amongst the 50+ species of rockfish up there.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Been away a couple of days and haven't caught up with the rest of you lately but I'm still alive.  Last Friday the 31st was my 7 year Spare Parts anniversary, and the heart is still ticking away okay.

Sunday was my 3rd day of no statins and my guess from what people tell me is that it will be about a week for them to clear my system, half life and all, but I did a fairly comfortable 8-miler on Sunday and this morning was a 3+ mile jog/walk for recovery. Optimistic on how this will go from here on.   Spareribs

I also have not kept up with this weekend's activities.  I would go back now but I am having a hard time staying awake!  I managed to get out and run 18 this morning.  The plan was to include a half dozen miles at MP.  Managed zero!    Not sure why, but the legs would not fire up.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Sayhey! MM#130

<<gasping>>  ...made it home....it wasn't the heat, nor 'twas it the humidity....I forgot to check out the course map......it was another 'h 'word...

.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HILLS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

My 150th

5 times around illustrated loop.  I sure do know how to pick 'em, don't I?

glad to be home.   OK, back to catching on you busy peeps.  (Came to work from the airport, so just taking a break for a few moments.)

Good Mondays!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Aamos///............were you in COOKEVILLE???

............I LIVE HERE

>>>>>>>>>I need to read the dailies more often

and yes, it is a wee bit hilly

==============

well,

30-min poolrun yesterday, 20-min today....Leg is Fried

Blister in the Sun Marathon

here's a clip from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi8PCkt6tHo

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Amy - Wow!  You are amazing! Congratulations on your 150th Marathon, and what a tough one to earn that 150th place!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

18 miles on a weekday, wow, Twocat.

SRD.  I might try to ramp up to 30 miles this week.  My body seems to be handling the increasing mileage fine, as long as I am jogging slowly with walk breaks when needed.  New shoes have helped a lot too for my sore feet.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

I can't imagine doing 150 marathons much less one like that! I'd melt.... Congrats, Amy! And too bad you missed a meet-up opportunity with tomwhite!!

Good job on the increasing mileage, Enke. Slow and steady and all that (I should listen). What shoes did you get? Enjoy your week with your houseguest and sans kids!

Holly, I hope the extra hours don't last long. You're right to be concerned. And it's also a bummer if doing that makes him cranky, as it would most people. And we weren't giving you a hard time for the multi-tasking yesterday, I think we were all shaking our heads in a "how does she do it" and "I never would've thought of that!" kind of way.

For how sore my legs were yesterday (glutes almost more than legs), I felt surprisingly good today. So I guess that's a sign of fitness when you recover pretty well, right? Hope so. Today was warmer and it cleared off by early afternoon (hey, of course, the weekend is over!!) and I got out for 5.7 easy peasy miles. Trying to plan my week to get miles and prepare for Saturday's half marathon. Might go berry picking on Thursday afternoon since Saturday's plans got rained out.

wildchild

Carolyn

Amy, a hugh congrats on marathon #150!  I'd have more trouble with the H&H than those little itty bitty hills! 

It was nice and cool and overcast today, so I extended my trail run to 20 miles.  My parents are coming for a visit this week, so I'm not sure how much running I can fit in, so it's nice to get a long run done early in the week.

Mike, those granddaughters of yours sure are cute!   And running races already - woo hoo!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

New shoes, I need new shoes desperately! Got to take the time to order them online tonight.

Spareribs, good luck with your experiment this week.

Amazing Aamos!!!!

Great weekend around here! I really enjoy hanging out with you all.

Four easy miles for me this morning. Most likely I will not run tomorrow due to the smoke that is coming our way from Lake Chelan.

Cheers,

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike - those grandbabies are delicious!!

Holly - way to rack up the miles and I bet your hair looks great!!

Aamos -- NEVER EVER forget to check the course map!! Well, at least not for #151

Tet - you are too cute!!

Enke - please remember we are living in a bubble until Sept 17

Ribs - hope the runs keep improving!

Posai - order those new sneakers and stay safe from the smoke please!

Walked the mile to and from Fenway to work and that's about it -- oh wait, I was the baby nurse today and helped in about 10 deliveries!!  Such a gift!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Amy--you are amazing.  How many years have you been doing marathons?

Oh, and speaking of amazing--Deez--10 babies delivered, today?  Do you have any idea how many you have helped deliver over the years?  Do you ever see any of them once they're all grown up?

And wild and Twocat doing 20 and 18 miles during the week....yep--amazing.

Well...I didn't do anything very amazing, tonight.  I just did my speed work at the the middle school track.  A total of 8.7 miles which included a 400-800-1200-1600-1200-800 with 400 recoveries in between.

I wasn't gong to tell you guys this...and I hope nobody thinks any less of me...but, every once in a while, I just do something kind of wild and a little crazy...and...well...tonight, at the track...was one of those nights.  I really shouldn't tell you....well...okay.  So, I was on my 2 mile cool down run and, as I was completing my 4th lap around the track something just came over me.  The soccer fields were empty.  Nobody was at the baseball field.  And only a couple people had passed by on the trail all night.  So...as I came to the end of that 4th lap, I did it!  I turned around and went the other way!  Yeah!  I know!  I was running the wrong way on the track!  It was so cool!  It was so freeing!  It was so....I don't know...kind of kinky!  Can I say "kinky"?  I'm not sure I've ever said that word before!  Wow!  I really am living on the wild side, tonight!

Okay--I gotta go.  See ya!