Masters Running

Friday 2/13 Daffodil Dailies (Read 556 times)

Hill Runner

See, I told you I was sticking with this thread.. I felt like a gained a whole day Big grin Friday the 13th...my favorite day! Spring has arrived in the Carolinas. 10.21 miles of hills @ 9:12 pace....didn't see any black cats this morning except my own when I got back. Good luck & good runs to everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Thanks hopeful.....here goes.
      Evryday, we must be close in age to love those old Jackson Brown tunes. For many distance runners, the quiet and stoic theme of "runnin' on empty" has been very close to all of us. Thanks for putting up that great lyric. Beats hell out of "if you knew Peggy Sue, then you'd know why I feel blue...." Spareribs
      Thanks ribs.....about my age, in '65 I wasn't 17. More like 2. I was actually 6, but more like 2 Smile I kinda like Buddy Holly. Wasn't he from TX? MTA....oops 'bout forgot. Maybe I'll be fast as you. Maybe I'll break hearts too. But I think you'll slow down, When your turn to hurt comes around. Maybe I'll break hearts and be as fast as you.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Was having a hard time getting motivated to get out the door. Then I decided to cut my run to 6 mi v. 7 mi. Suddenly, I was all over it and Renee and I were out the door. Confused Six blustery miles in 55:52 -- right about where I wanted to be. Overdressed a bit on purpose to start get used to more sweating for my FL race in March. Hip felt OK. Feels better running than when I try to keep my leg straight all night! Oh and my lost mile today? It gets tacked onto Sunday for no net loss of miles for the week. No daffodils here yet, but crocus are blooming and hyacinths are starting to pop! Good runs to all today!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Geez, no one has started us off yet? I woke up late as I had turned the alarm off while listening to the wind gusts. Sat around with a cup of coffee and then decided to at least loosen up the legs on the treadmill. Only had time for 1.5 miles at 11 m/m pace. Felt pretty good for a treadmill run. Happy Thursday! P.S. Hallar - I read with interest your plan. I'm trying to keep up with you .... Tongue
          Seeing if this works

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Cool

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

No time to read -- just posting my run. Too much going on at work... 11.1 miles, 1:37:20, 8:44/mi, AHR 147 (74% mhr) Progression starting about 9:10/mi for 1st 5 and finishing several miles at about 8:25/mi, with last mile at 8:03.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

Good Morning and TGIF (again Confused) I had planned to do a 7 miler last night making a 2 fer day yesterday. I ended up working until 7pm and was starving leaving here. Woofed down the dinner left out for me without bothering to warm it up......that pretty much scratched the run for last night. Continued my lazy ways this morning by sleeping in. I just had my calculator out trying to see if my 50+ week was still doable. It is......probably not in my best intrest........and it's likely I have nothing to gain by doing so......but even knowing all this I'll still give it a shot!
                  I was wondering how this thread got so long so fast! Confused Finally figured it out. Duh . . . Black eye Alas, nothing else to say. Off to work! Good running everybody.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Nice running, folks. Maine—“pepere”! Now there’s a term I don’t here down here in Virginia (but, of course, was standard fare up in my native NH.) Beautiful sunny day, 41F, nice relaxed, easy 10.44 miles @ 8:18, AHR just 133/66%. Among the random plays on the Ipod today were Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition,” Muddy Waters “Got My Mojo Working,” and Santana’s “Black Magic Woman.” Coincidence? I think not. Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hey Tim .... they are doing a segment on the Today Show this morning about whether or not you should allow your boss to be a friend on Facebook ..... I'll let you know what they say!! Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey Tim .... they are doing a segment on the Today Show this morning about whether or not you should allow your boss to be a friend on Facebook ..... I'll let you know what they say!! Wink
                        Hey Thanks Mary....that has been a quandary for me, but did accept him as a Friend. And Holly told me last night, that there was a way for me to block him from knowing what I am doing, without him knowing it ...if that makes sense Smile BTW, no running since Monday to make sure my foot is ok, after stepping in a pot hole wrong. Will get back at it in the morning. TBo GGTK, and Tampster too Wink

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! 3.15 miles for me today in 31°, including 8 x 100m striders and 4 x 10 sec. hill-sprints, followed by light x-training: lateral raises, superman lifts, reverse flies, butterflies, bench dips, and stability ball crunches. Happily, my cold is lightening up, and I’m beginning to feel better. Wildchild – the doctor apparently told DH that he didn’t know the extent of what he would do until he got in there. Erika – DH isn't supposed to do PT, just lots of leg lifts, adding ankle weights and working up. They’re trying to grow new cartilage, and don’t want to scrape off the new tissue as it grows. DH assured me that he has enough sick leave to cover this, and that they can’t replace him while he’s off. (what I was fearing) Gotta love that county job. On top of that, he’s going to take over the grocery shopping, laundry, and house cleaning. This could be a good thing...maybe I can get him to paint the family room, too. Smile I found my running shoes online for $76.00 ($67.00 plus tax and shipping) at kellysrunningwarehouse.com. The Saucony Trigon Rides I’ve been wearing for years are discontinued, and now they’re called Saucony Progrid Rides, but I tried them on at a running store and they seem fine. Time will tell. Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

I have to add this message to the ladies. (You can stop reading, men, I said it's for the LADIES!) My favorite running bra is on sale at the Champion website for $15.98 (reg price $36) in selected colors (I got dark blue and pink). We all know what a great deal that is. I love this bra because 1) it's great at wicking sweat, 2) it's stretchy enough to be able to pull on and off without being a contortionist, 3) it still manages to be good support for a moderately-busty woman, and 4) I have NEVER had any chafing issues with it. http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion/Women_SportsBras_Bestsellers-Champion/CH2893.aspx Sadly, the fact that it is on clearance probably means they have discontinued it, but I thought I'd pass it on if anyone is shopping for a new sports bra right now.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks for sharing that Holly Big grin...now you know where my mind will be the rest of the day Roll eyes TBo

"older but not dead yet"

Did a 5.2 mile "embedded workout" = 4 miles to the gym, 1/2 hr. wts. then 1.2 miles home from gym. Plan to do an 8 mile trail hike after lunch. Alex
                                Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.