Masters Running

Friday 2/13 Daffodil Dailies (Read 556 times)

Thanks for sharing that Holly Big grin...now you know where my mind will be the rest of the day Roll eyes TBo
    ROFL TIM!! Holly TOLD you to STOP reading!!Big grin I'm going to add to that - MEN STOP READING: Victoria Secret's clearance sale is amazing!! I've already made some purchases now going to check out Holly's link. Larry - thanks for the mention yesterday!! I'm feeling pretty good today since my walk/jog yesterday so hoping that continues - my energy level feels low today but not exhausted so i'm taking that as a good sign!!

denise

Mariposai

Spring has arrived in the Carolinas..
      proof ittttttttttttttttttttttttt 5 easy miles as the sun and the clouds were playing hide and seek. Thanks for the link Holly. Great 3 miler btw.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Very nice day here in the Carolinas Smile The dogs are lying in the sun on the deck sound asleep...looks so comfy! Hill tempo day. 8 moh with 4 at LT. First 4 mile loop 34:16 (8:36 pace). Second 4 mi loop (tempo effort.. and then some) in 31:04 (7:46 pace). This loop in Duke Forest has a couple hills so steep they make your lungs heave and your legs burn while feeling like you're moving at a turtle pace....but the downhills........ (overall 8 mi in 1:05:20 (8:10 pace, AHT 156)) Friday the 13th wierdness (spooky): Ran the tempo loop exactly the same time (31:04) as my fastest prior run 2 weeks ago... to the second.. wierd.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Hi all Cloudy and 32ยบ here in Western, MA----ice and snow still quite abundant too. I arrived home this morning after a zero dark thirty flight from Cleveland,Ohio on Continental. It was a sobering flight to say the least as they de-iced the plane quite thoroughly. I was supposed to fly last night from Dayton to Newark and Newark to Hartford and all my flights were cancelled. I am beyond lucky and hugged Mr. CNYrunner extra hard when I walked in the door at 10:00 AM. The two runs with Holly were wonderful and went by all too quickly! I am still too jittery from this morning and went out for a two mile trot just now. Legs feel fine. I have an afternoon full of conference calls and need to get into focus mode again. Breger? How close are you to West Palm Beach? I may be there in early March... Embrace the gift today my friends CNYrunner
          dg.

good morning! hi everybody. evryday, why was that an interruption? oh that's right. We are always on topic. Erika, Nono, thanks! You were both very helpful. Nono, I sleep with bent legs for my S/I joint. Roll eyes I'll try taking turns. Maybe should make a chart. Wink Peter... Nancy took the words right out of my mouth. Perch... you have multiple dogs? Nice run, spooky numbers. twilight zone music. My bug isn't quite gone (but much better Smile ) so I was a little uncertain driving to the gym. After I got there I realized I hadn't put my shoe inserts back in my Nike Frees (I'd washed them. was Very Important) So, it was really a barefoot run. A little uncertain about that. Started running & felt great. tummy ok, feet ok, very little pain. Love this running stuff. And then I tripped, in a major way, on a dry, flat indoor track. Didn't fall, but in catching myself I yanked my hamstrings and they didn't like it one bit. Tried twice again, after resting a little, but only managed a few more laps. Would have done more but a friend who is far wiser talked me out of it. Grace in motion, that's me. Was about 4.25 miles, average a 9:40 pace. Finished up with lower body weights & the usual stability ball set. happy Friday Smile.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

{{{{CNY}}}} I've been thinking of you all morning - glad to hear from you.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

But did Tim click on the link??? Thanks Holly, that is MY sportsbra! Although being unendowed I could probably wear anything. Hmm...which colour should I order.... I recently bought a pair of shorts I like from them. http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_Shorts-Champion/Women_Shorts_Bestsellers-Champion/CH3853.aspx I can't believe those are on sale too! Probably only gross colours though.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I'm probably committing the cardinal sin of posting before I run but there will be no time later. I am off to the gym to run 8 easy on the TM before going to pick up my dd and take her to gymnastics. We have a meet this weekend at our home gym that will consume most of the weekend, but I do hope to get in around 11 or 12 miles tomorrow morning. My favorite running bra is from Champion too but it's the one they sell at Target for pretty cheap. I'm sure I'm only getting away with it because I am extremely unendowed, but I really like them. They are coolmax or some such fabric and they don't chafe on long runs like a lot of others I've tried. I may try some of those shorts, though. Summer is coming and I have only a couple pair of running shorts in decent shape. Hope everyone has a good weekend filled with lots of good running.

Once a runner . . .

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Perch... you have multiple dogs?
                    Sadie, the blonde, is our "foster" dog who we'll likely be keeping. Good match for Tory http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/lateboomer/toryandsadiejan09.jpg

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

King of PhotoShop

Good morning Perch, of the multiple dogs. 5 miles for me and a stretch/core workout at the Y. I have 36 miles in for this week with tomorrow to go, and since tomorrow's plan is my club's Valentine's Day 4-mile fun run it looks like I will have a 40-mile week, like Breger. If so, I am going to keep the mileage at no more than 40 through the summer, and just gradually add quality to this small base, and then see where I am and what I want to do in the fall. But this seems like about the right plan. Tomorrow is also red dress day, so I will post some pictures. (And if that's not enough to make you flip your lid, there's one more thing, I've got the pink slip daddy.) Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #3309

But did Tim click on the link???
                        Did I click the link...well Duh Tongue Big grin When I saw this..."You can stop reading, men, I said it's for the LADIES" - My mind saw... You can stop reading, men, I said it's for the LADIES. Who am I to argue with my own mind Smile TBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Slo

Sadie, the blonde, is our "foster" dog who we'll likely be keeping. Good match for Tory http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/lateboomer/toryandsadiejan09.jpg
                          Sadie Has got to be one of the most popular names for dogs. We are on our 2nd Sadie.....Both rescue dogs and kept the name that the Humane society had given them.
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sadie was my grandmother's name! It does seem to be making a comeback. Actually ran today, whoo hoo. 4 miles on the indoor track. I think I've solved my motivation problem. I'm going to sign up for the Maine Half Marathon in October (Maine, are you going to do the half or full this year?). I will take a 12-week Y class leading up to the race. M, W, and F mornings at 7 am! It costs $85, which is good because it means I will have dollars invested in it. It also means I need to get my weekly mileage up again so I'm ready for the young whippersnappers in the class. It's a "10K to HM" class, so there should be some people at my level in it. Off to drop DS's Eagle Scout application off at the Boy Scout council headquarters. Finally! It's been a long haul. SO many hoops to jump through. Now I know why there are not more Eagles around! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Happy Friday the 13th and Valentine's Day. Cool
                              2 miles on a treadmill at the gym then 21-15-9 reps of thrusters and pullups. Running a few more miles after work, something in the 6-8 range. Even though they are hard I am really enjoying my workouts.
                                Breger? How close are you to West Palm Beach? I may be there in early March... CNYrunner
                                Karin, I'm about an hour South. More than close enough for me to find a way to get up there for a run. How early in March? I'll be skiing the 1st week of March ... Say it ain't then! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong