Masters Running

Saturday the 16th Fun and Runs Daily (Read 48 times)

Tramps

Where's everyone this morning?

16 mile progression run for me.  Started with two 9:00's, then two 8:50s, etc, etc, finishing with a couple of sub-MP miles.

Isn't that a thing of beauty? Smile

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Sorry for the flyover post.  You know those races when you hoped for a PR (I think every race is like that) but you get an AG award so it's all good?  I had one of those this morning, one of my best 5k's with a 25:12 (so only 12 sec. from a PR) and 3rd in my AG, 50-54 (there were more than 3)!!!  I came in pretty high overall too.

Queen of Hearts

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

NICE RACING OPIE//////////

==========

.........32min poolrun

all

day tomorrow sitting at a Seminar..........aarrgh

....................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Well done Opie.  And nice timing there Tramps, a perfect progression.

3.3 at the park, all at MP.  I am really taking it easy this week and next.  I got in just 20 miles this week and same planned for next.

Interesting thing happened to me yesterday. In March I'm doing a 2-hour presentation to about 200 commercial real estate bankers on negotiation skills.  Yesterday I had the second conference call with the sponsor of the event, a high ranking officer of the company.  Naturally I'm trying to be very professional and make a good impression, since the guy has never met me and is using me for the first time.

So we get all done with the details and I tell him I'm looking forward to working with him and he says, "And I'm looking forward to finally meeting the legendary Spareribs."  Turns out the guy is a runner and I have no idea how he knows who I am.  The conversation quickly turned to running and he has the same Prefontaine poster on his office wall as I have on mine.  Should be an interesting session.  Spareribs

Nice hardware Opie!

Awesome run Tramps... Yes beauty is the right word!

Who wouldn't want to meet the legendary Spareribs?

10 mile run w/DW my easy pace on a paved bike trail, beautiful out there with everything covered with a light dusting of snow and very heavy frost.

tw I hate sitting too...

Have a Great Weekend!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Wow--I have a hard time imagining 16 miles, but at such a precise pace on top.  pretty amazing.  And a thing of beauty, too.

Nice running Opie--a medal and a swag bag (maybe?)  One of these days, I hope to find a race like that.

After a week of travel and snow induced sloth, i made it out for 5.2 miles in a nice snow storm.  Very pretty, but a layer of fluff on the ground did a VERY good job of hiding a patch of ice as I came off the road onto a sidewalk.  Fortunately it was as I was sort of turning a corner on an incline, so felt very gentle compared to what could have been.  may have a sore spot on my rump, but nothing furhter.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Yes, Tramps, that is perfection.  Stumpy, glad you didn't get hurt.  We had ice on a couple of bridges but the RD had sprinkled rock salt on it so that helped a little.  That yellow bag was like a swag bag but only had a cotton T-shirt in it.  For $25 you would hope to get more so I had a bowl of chicken stew at the finish and of course a couple of beers so I think I got my money's worth.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Tramps, what a greta run! Like clockwork. Were there any hills? You did that graph from your RA log entry? I've gotta figure out how to do that, looks much cooler than the regular graph.

Sweet, Opie! Nice to see you! ETA: Chicken stew, beer and a swag bag for a 5k? Wow... we spend $25 to $30 for many of ours (fundraisers) and get a t-shirt that ends up in the yard work clothes pile...

'Ribs, did he know it was you when he said that? That's too funny.

Ouch, Stumpy! I hate falling. I'll probably jinx myself and say I haven't done it yet this winter although had a couple of close calls.

Sitting is the bane of my work life. I know it's bad, and try to stand when on the phone, use the farthest away restroom, pace in my office when reading something (which isn't easy), but I still spend too much time sitting. Good luck with that, TW, maybe you can stand in the back?

Nice run with the DW, Sarge! I'm getting so tired of snowy bikepaths, your run sounded nice but would be nice without the ice and frost.

Cold again here! -20 in town this morning. DH had an early appointment so I'm staying home to do "house stuff." I'll get in a TM run later, not sure how far but figure about an hour or so. That's about all I have interest in unless I find a couple of good podcasts to keep me entertained. Other than that, it's not really exciting. Not like I have a big ol' flatscreen TV down there like Holly! Big grin

Tramps nice run!!

Opie congrats

For me an easy run in my spanking new Mizuno precision 13. Lime green so I really stand out. An 8k run with last k faster. Not bad but always feel tired, either after effects of AF or just out of shape or combo

Enjoy a great weekend. Both Catie and Tori here this weekend to celebrate my birthday. Going out tonight for dinner but I made desert which is an oreo crust, Hagen Daz chocolate and Hagen Daz Caramel Cone explosion with homemade whip cream and shaved dark chocolate on top....yummy sit down food for a movie tonight. Of course i will need a run tomorrow to deal with all those calories.Shocked

Recent Best times: None recently

Tramps nice run!!

Opie congrats

For me an easy run in my spanking new Mizuno precision 13. Lime green so I really stand out. An 8k run with last k faster. Not bad but always feel tired, either after effects of AF or just out of shape or combo

Enjoy a great weekend. Both Catie and Tori here this weekend to celebrate my birthday. Going out tonight for dinner but I made desert which is an oreo crust, Hagen Daz chocolate and Hagen Daz Caramel Cone explosion with homemade whip cream and shaved dark chocolate on top....yummy sit down food for a movie tonight. Of course i will need a run tomorrow to deal with all those calories.Shocked

Recent Best times: None recently

C-R

That's a fine run Tramps. You should do well at Boston.

Nice 5k and AG Opie.

Wiggle around on your chair if you can tom. Works for me.

Pretty cool ribs. Always helps to have something in common with the customer. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park.

Bummer stumpy. Glad it wasn't bad.

Good run sarge.

-20? I was groaning about 20 this morning. Good luck enke.

14.5 easy miles today. HM is next weekend so I didn't want to push things.Have some soccer with the boys later and then need to figure out what to do with the exercise/guest room. DW want to change carpet to a hard surface. I'm not inclined as it will make the room very loud when I use the tm. She just wants it to look nice instead of a gym floor which I get. I was thinking of cork. Any ideas?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I think I gained a few pounds just reading Tallrunner's posting. Fabulous and happy birthday to you!

Nice run and graph Tramps---impressive!

Way to go Opie!

The president of my running club hosted a fun-run birthday brunch this morning. The route was his choice of course and my quads are still all wiggly. He lives about 40 minutes north of me almost in Vermont and we (10 of us) ran up a hill that ended in a cloud and went for 4.5 miles of straight climbing (and it's sunny today)  Yowsa! Good miles though (10 total), good friends and even more snow. We had 28 " at my house last week (I was stuck on the road since 2/7 and didn't get home until last this past week 2/14) and then another 3" arrived last night. The kiddo forged a dog trail labyrinth on our property so Hudson can get his business accomplished. When he jumps off the paths he disappears completely in the snow.

Too funny Ribs! Of course just type your name into Google (I just did that) and all your race results pop up and your running blog is the first entry. Any good client is going to do research on the consultant he/she's hired. You should do the same for every client that hires you. It's amazing what you'll discover!

Hockey Weekend Across America! The kiddo has two games tonight. roar.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Congrats Opie! I like your pretty graph, Tramps. Excellent miles there too Wink

Long run for me today too, on hill-tired legs from yesterday. Was supposed to do 16, but misjudged the mileage coming home from the park and it ended up being 17. Eh, what's one measly mile more? Splits nice and consistent too, as always. Though no matter what pace I'm given as my target average, I always come in 10 seconds too fast. Overachiever, I know.Roll eyes

17 miles, 9:35 avg, splits=9:39, 9:26, 9:42, 9:40, 9:33, 9:25, 9:32, 9:35, 9:31, 9:35, 9:39, 9:39, 9:34, 9:41, 9:37, 9:28, 9:40

Have a greta day, all!

6 miles for me...9:25 avg...nice and easy effort...Longer run on tap for tomorrow...

Nice racing Opie...

Nice long runs for Tramps, OM, CR and Sarge...

Enjoy the gift everyone...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

deez, congrats on becoming a grandma soon.  opie, great 5K with near PR and AG award.  Tall, happy birthday.

Nice long runs for mari, Twocat, Sarge (with wife), C-R, CNY, and OM.

This morning, I was planning on doing a 5K race, however my wife was having some pretty aggresive back spasms.  I decided I'd better stick around in case she needed anything.  Thinking along the same line, I opted for the TM rather than go outside.  I got in 8 miles at a 10:54 pace.  It's a few hours later now and her back has settled down quite a bit.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS