Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 5.17.14 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

I'm overwhelmed by the depth and breadth of yesterday's Daily. I can't figure out how to respond or where to begin, so I won't.

5.9 mostly RW miles at a little past J o'clock this morning. 56F, 17+ mph winds from the SE, and heavy clouds overhead. The rain held off till I was a little over a mile from home, and I got in before the skies really opened up. That slight pull in a sensitive area that I felt earlier this week is not gone, so I think more ice and rest are in order. Bummer.

Have a greta Saturday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I'm overwhelmed by the depth and breadth of yesterday's Daily. I can't figure out how to respond or where to begin, so I won't.

Wow - if Jay can't give me a quick overview of what's been going on around here lately, I'm really in trouble   Not a lot of time to stop and visit here lately. This getting up at 3:45 for work every day is really kicking my butt. While it's nice to be done before noon, I'm finding that having to rework the times for my running and weights/core stuff is proving to be difficult. Just no fuel left in the tank....

Anyway, happy belated birthday Starr! Hang in there Ribs. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, and I know this not running thing is really hard for you. Mike has a purse??? Glad your DS is okay Holly. A prank like that is just wicked stuff. Sorry about your foot Erika. I hope it heals quickly. Leslie - your husband sounds just like mine

Big pasta party at my house tonight for all of my family and friends running the Cellcom tomorrow. For all of you RA friends who didn't like the weather the last go-around, tomorrow looks to be IRC. Temps around 41° at the start with no wind. I'm pumped!!

Have a great weekend everyone, and good luck to all who are running.

Dave59

Big pasta party at my house tonight for all of my family and friends running the Cellcom tomorrow. For all of you RA friends who didn't like the weather the last go-around, tomorrow looks to be IRC. Temps around 41° at the start with no wind. I'm pumped!!

I hope you all are grateful for my decision not to come to Green Bay this year.  I brought 2 of the hottest years ever to that race.

I'm heading out for a longish run after I give my breakfast time to settle.  Cindy likes to go to breakfast and then grocery shopping on Saturday morning so we've been doing that most weekends.  I hope to run for a couple hours and see how it feels.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

huh? how in the heck am I going to figure out what I said.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Tet...that's all I'm sayin'...

...and that pretty much says it all........

==========

..........but I digress......

............32mprnb

deo

....................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

Good Saturday gang.

A special day for my butterfly wings today since it was the first day our newly formed running club met for a run. 5 people showed up for our first outting. It sure was fun having other people to run with. We anticipate for this group to grow.

Then I got home and did a butt kicking video. I will be so sore tomorrow.

Have a great Saturday. I have to work today, so I don't have time to play.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

IBUB, I commend you on your 167 day running streak, averaging 10 miles per day.  At the same time, I also commend you on realizing that it was time to end the streak for your health's sake.  starr, happy birthday. mari, I hope your new running club is very successful.

Nice long runs for Holly and mari.

This morning, it was in the low to mid 40s with just a light wind.  I got in 8 miles, progressively slowing and ending with an average pace of 11:20.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Yeah for running clubs!

My club didn't have a meet-up today, but that was fine, I went up to Cougar Mtn and did 6.22 lovely trail miles.  Have to visit that mountain more often.  5 weeks until my next half-marathon....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I know coastwalker and I am not coastwalker!  Translation I will do bad version of his typical post.

coastwalker well on the positive side with that trade conference coming this is likely as good a time to get sidelined as any.

IBleedUnionBlue good luch in your HM today!

Mike E apparently as long as you do not go to Buffalo the weather will be ideal for running a marathon.    Have you tried fooling nature by booking at the last minute?

AamosY I am waiting for you to announce your entry into the first ever Ragnar non-relay 200 miler.

wildchild the word trail race to you is like honey to a fly.  I suspect Mariposai could have said Holly S. needs Timbuktu let's give her Timbuktu! To which you would similarly respond, "I'd do a Timbuktu race!"    Very sweet.  Crazy, but sweet.

Dave59 so you think with all that you will still manage to find time to run a HM?

TammyinGP good thinking on the trail race preference, 15K sounds totally reasonable!

fatozzig see note to wildchild above.    Actually, after your post relating "beautiful" to that elevation profile, you are now in the lead to ultra insane person..

Holly S. wow that post about the various ultas was nearly sane!  Careful or they will take away your Marathon Maniac membership!    I am glad to hear the lock down at your local schools ended without anybody getting hurt.

evanflein you better get cracking on those states!  Otherwise I might catch up and given how slowly I am accumulating states you would not want that!

tomwhite I really do admire the amount of pool running you do.  Having said that, I would say pretty much everything beats pool running.

az3mntrail careful about using the word trail around here.  It seems like the next step is 50 miles and the word trail in the same sentence.  Just letting you know.

StarrRuns that steak sounds great!  Forget the hemoglobin!

tetsujin209 even then they might hold a marathon if they got a few others registered.

divechief so what are the car options?  I have a Corvette that I would love to drive cross country but my DW would never, ever even consider it.

Jlynne I am sure you will have a bunch of carbed up happy runners post dinner!

Spareribs while I am sure riding this out is pretty miserable at the moment, it will hopefully be over in a week or so.

Yesterday I tweaked my left hamstring while running.  I was doing fine, caught my toe in the sidewalk pavers and down I went.  Fortunately, given I was going down fortunately, I had the wits to push off with my left leg and land in the grass next to the sidewalk.  So, while I am not scraped up nor bruised my hamstring is not happy today.  That nixed my planned run for today.  Tomorrow I am driving in a car down to DC all morning and then have business meetings all afternoon.  (Yes, on a Sunday.)    That means no running tomorrow either.  Maybe Monday. I will be at a conference at Georgetown, so if anybody has suggestions for running routes around there do not be shy!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

did you run this back and forth through Google translator a few times?    hope the hammy plays nice shortly.  The few times I've wiped out, I've had enough time to think "This is going to hurt", but never "I think I'll find somewhere soft to land".

I know coastwalker and I am not coastwalker!  Translation I will do bad version of his typical post.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mrrun

Twocat - you did super!

Jlynne - fond memories of your wonderful carbo load! and the stories from that hot half last far longer then the race

We took off, drove to RI and ran along the bike path and the Narragansett Bay.  Beautiful path that we normally bike.  Had lunch in Providence, called a friend who lives nearby that we hadn't seen in a couple of years. She came over and we had a wonderful reunion and gabbed.  Now home and thinking biking thoughts for tomorrow!

Hope the racers had an awesome day as well as everyone else!

Marj

Thanks for the recap, Twocat. Jay, I am glad that you didn’t get rained on this morning, well mostly. I do like a good thunderstorm, if I am home, that is. My rain parka and pants came in the mail today so I am set for our trip and have insurance that it won’t rain. Thanks for the birthday wishes, and I do not know everyone’s, Tet, and even forgot yours.  Today is The Saint’s birthday so Ribs will treat her especially well today.  Jlynne, the pasta party sounds great. How many friends and family is that? Good luck in the race. Mari, a running club sounds just great! I am glad you had fun. TomS, you are so predictable with your running, do you get to see that grandbaby very often? Twocat, take care of that hamstring, glad you didn’t get scraped up.  Nice jaunt to Providence, Marj & Henry.

Today was a new day, new shoes, new tunes, new route, new distance and new found energy. I ran almost 12 miles with just a bit of walking at the end. I got home, got cleaned up and went to help a friend in the kitchen at her daughter's Graduation Open House. Three more hours on my feet!

That new house listing on the North side of the lake has been haunting my mind since yesterday afternoon. I ran by from the park property but couldn’t see the back very well, then went by the front twice on my run.  We would need to make an offer before we leave for Yellowstone next Saturday. We look at it at 4 on Monday. It could be a crazy week. Orchestra concert on Thursday with practice Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday we head to Sioux Falls to see The Jersey Boys.  I guess I had better pack tomorrow!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I am wiped out.  I got up at 6:00 this morning to go watch Ryan, his old high school cc coach, and another friend run a triathlon as a team relay.  They took 1st in their division and, in fact, was 2nd overall.  They were beaten by an elite team by 3 minutes.  Most importantly, though, was watching Ryan run again.  He hasn't been doing a lot of that lately, but he sure had fun, today...

Here he is at the start making his way though the bike area...

I love it when he smiles...

Coming towards the finish...

And with their hardware...

As for me...I just did an 8 miler in 1:03:49, then mowed the lawn.

Oh--weather update for Buffalo NY on the 25th...53o-74o--Mostly Sunny--West wind at 8 mph--0% chance of rain.  I'll bet you're kinda wishing you had waited to do Buffalo, aren't ya Twocat?  Wait...you met Holly...never mind...

Okay--that's it.  See ya!