Masters Running

February Masters Miles (Read 44 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Yay - it's almost March!

Time to post your monthly miles, PRs, AG placements, and anything else noteworthy! Awards for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, and cool totals.

This is on a trail run near Idyllwild, CA a few weeks ago.  It's called the South Ridge Trail, and I tried to run up to the Pacific Crest Trail, but there was some slick snow up high on the ridge and the wind was fierce, so I didn't make it that far.  Nice to run in shorts, anyway!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Great photo Carolyn. We have been having some great weather on the west coast this month and i'm glad you got to enjoy some of it.

not much in terms of mileage for me this month: 63.7 miles.   although I'd like to think with my intervals, hills, etc that those are better quality miles.

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

33.7 miles for the month.  5 miles on the road and all the rest of that tiny total on the TM, as I let the snow get to me.  Scary that Robin beat my TM total with 2 sessions.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

BlazinCajun

Still around - 159.1

Half-Marathon, 4th in age group, 1:35:59, first race in three years.

Andrew
          ------------------
          God, my Lord, is my strength;
          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
          and enables me to go upon the heights.
          Hb 3:19

MM #7877

175.4 miles

Highlight - Myrtle Beach Marathon.

Philippians 4:13.

Thanks Wild Child, we'll meet on the trails one of these days.

173 for February, 369 for the year so far.

Two races, USATF Masters Cross Country Nationals, Boulder (2/7) 8 km, a hard fought 5th for the 55-59 age glass.

RRCA 10 mile state (CO) championship (2/21), another hard fought race and 1st for 55-59 age class (with 2nd, a guy who has been top 3 at USATF XC the past two years, 13 sec back).

Lots and lots of snow here the past couple of weeks.

Hi wild,

80 miles for Feb

164 miles year to date

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Great photo, Carolyn!

I have not been having a big running year so far.  I am already behind the pace bunny, which is not good, and with an upcoming 3 weeks off scheduled, it will only get a bigger lead on me.

149 miles for February

334.5 YTD

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Gorgeous photo, Carolyn!

I had a dismal 52.1 RW miles in Feb. The only records I set were for the number of days when I didn't get out the door, and for the amount of snow-clearing cross-training I did for the month. Like Holly, I am way behind the pace bunny now. So it goes...

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

61 miles for February

Too much snow, we lost heat for a few days, were on on boil water for a few days.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!  I'd better get this in before I miss out again...

2015 has not started out anywhere near how I had hoped it would.  Luckily, I have 10 months to turn things around.

Feb: 74

2015: 231

evanflein

Sounds like most everyone had a rough month. Although great to see Trackrat still churning out those AG awards!

If I'd known how close I was to a prime, I would've pushed a few more tenths of a mile at the end. But, I really was done. Hey Carolyn, if it's .5 or higher, you round up, right? Smile

166.5 miles for February... round up to 167 and it's a prime number!

Dave59

101 for me.

I started the month with hip problems but finished feeling a lot better.

Walk-Jogger

75.4 miles for me

One 4-mile race on Valentine's Day; my first race since June 2014. 1st place A/G M50-59. My wife also raced, and also won first place in her age group, W50-59.

194.7 miles so far for the year. No pace bunny for me this year,  and no mileage goals or expectations at the moment due to health issues. I'm thrilled that I can run. More races coming in March.

Retired &  Loving It

Mariposai

170 miles for February and my crocuses blooming already...something is wrongs.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard