Masters Running

Sunday Mar. 15 Master Runs and Workouts (Read 450 times)

Slo

Holly....Use the Hershy's syrup
    dg.

hi ya'll. quick post so i can get outside & do some spring cleanup. denise, too bad! so, tell me about this race! enke, get better. byll, get better. what an amazing run with a cold. Way to go Louise!! What a wonderful race for you. eliz, congratulations! I waited till it warmed up to run, what a perfect day. I had a bit of a hard time, I'm not sure if it's just because I"m not used to running that late.. At any rate, 7.07 miles, which is more than my PT had recommended (6) however, she'd said I could go to the gym afterward, (I didn't) I thought maybe I could sort of trade a mile for a gym workout. A little sore, but not bad. 9:48 average pace, 8:10 max. Miles were pretty steady. Last bit fastest but not by much. After seeing Bill's Hr I just can't post mine. It was hard running around the families with little kids today, but such a nice day to be out I will forgive them. Holly, you just keep getting better & better! Yes

jules2

Haven't posted recently as been injured so stuck to cycling. Did a half marathon at Silverstone race track today, didn't know what to expect so staggered to finish in 1:31:46 and even more surprised to find I won my age group out of 90 odd runners and came 313 overall out of over 6700. The moral of this story biketm if you can't run cycle.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

After blowing up last Sunday, I had a rematch with my 20-mile workout today. I so worried that I'd be slow and tired again, but it was a near-perfect training run. First 10 miles, slow and steady: average pace: 10:41 Second 10 miles, BQMP: 9:17 (with 3 miles under 9, and 1 under 8:30) ...and this on a pretty hilly course I'm quite pleased. OK - I'm off to catch up on things around here. I need to read about Holly's 5k!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Teresadfp

One day at a time

i am soooooooooooo bummed -- can't believe i forgot at noon --- i just tried and it's already closed!! how did they hit 6000 entries in just 2 hours!!
            Wow, Denise, sorry to hear that. That's hard to believe, isn't it?? I'm glad I could sign my RP up, since she's gone down to Guatemala with her church group!
            Slo

Haven't posted recently as been injured so stuck to cycling. Did a half marathon at Silverstone race track today, didn't know what to expect so staggered to finish in 1:31:46 and even more surprised to find I won my age group out of 90 odd runners and came 313 overall out of over 6700. The moral of this story biketm if you can't run cycle.
              Jules, Very nice race.......and what a nice suprise at the end. I've heard and read that biking will help your runs but not vice versa.

Hill Runner

Hi all, 10.5 miles of hills @ 8:45 pace...a little faster than normal for me...no time for a LR today. It almost felt like I didn't run...LOL. Good running everyone!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

evanflein

I feel like I've been absent from the daily for ages! Got back from Vegas at midnight Friday night... spent Saturday doing laundry, cleaning, shopping and running. Got my long run of 14 in for the week but it was hard. I feel strangely tired these days... Roll eyes Left at 7 a.m. for my next conference in San Francisco; I'm in Seattle now and my flight is delayed almost an hour. Nice rematch, Harriet. I think when you have to bail on a long run there's a good reason. Your body just isn't up to the task. Happened to me a couple weeks ago, too, and my followup "do over" was a greta run of 21 miles with no soreness afterwards. Good job on the 5k, Holly. Hope you've stopped overanalyzing it and can enjoy the accomplishment. Mariposai rocks. My demented mind has me doing a 10 mile run on the hotel treadmill after I get in this evening. We'll see how that works out.
                    i am still stunned that race closed in 2 hours - i'll probably still go up to cheer on friends but i'm very sadSad sooooooooooooo beautiful outside today!! just hit 60 which is amazing considering all the snow we had monday!! 5.7 miles following 4 min walk/6 min run did some good stretching now need to do some core work before getting ready for church -- then going to a surprise ceremony for the teens on retreat - looking forward to that!! SR - big CONGRATS to the saint on her awesome half marathon and PR and nice pacing!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

with cherry tree buds already starting to pinken up, it was a big surprise to come out of the last part of my annual winter taper (2/14-3/15) and have snow and sleet in this year's 25th edition of the ~3.75 miles of the annual St. Pat's Dash with 14,500 other green-clad racers, runners, joggers, walkers, strollers.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

PJH

No run for me today. Still somewhat sore from yesterday. Will find out this week what's going on and what I need to do. Some really great runs going on today. Holly - like the 3/9MP/4 ... sounds like it went pretty good. SR - 'hats off' to your DW - great half marathon! I'll bet we could fill a whole thread on pace bunny stories. Glad you caught that early. Perch, Bill, WFRB, Predawnrunner - nice LRs ... at good paces too. Jules - I'm going to take up staggering - nice race and time coming off an injury! Eliz - nice 10 miler ... and story about your dad - nice memory. Great running everyone! PJ
                        xor

with cherry tree buds already starting to pinken up, it was a big surprise to come out of the last part of my annual winter taper (2/14-3/15) and have snow and sleet in this year's 25th edition of the ~3.75 miles of the annual St. Pat's Dash with 14,500 other green-clad racers, runners, joggers, walkers, strollers.
                          jon, at least you didn't try to head out to the Des Moines six hour race. YUCK.

Really nice runs out there today. I'm especially impressed with PDRs 20 mile rematch. Good work. 9 easy miles for me today. It was 67F but the nice breezy conditions kept me cool. East bound and down, loaded up an truckin' We gonna do what they say can't be done. We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there, I'm east bound, just watch ol' bandit run.
                            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Whoo hoo, I ran in short sleeves outside today! My hands are a little numb, though! I ran 7.2 miles NON-STOP. I'm so encouraged. I smiled just about non-stop, too. DS ran his two-mile at the national meet today, and I got a kick out of seeing him (on the webcast) SMILE as he passed the lead runner in his heat. Too funny. He ended up in 9th place out of 20 runners. He was the 5th fastest junior. He's "stoked," as he calls it. So whenever I felt tired today, I just thought about his big smile. Smile

Maniac 505

hmm, working nights so I couldn't partake in the annual St. patties day dash, I wonder if these belong to anyone we know?? I wonder if anyone here can interpret the Japanese writing on these "shoes" http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/photos/popupV2.asp?SubID=4695&page=3>itle=St.%20Patrick%27s%20Day%20Dash.