Masters Running

Wake up it's Saturday! (Read 465 times)

Jlynne heal well!!!

Mike sometimes they got to hit bottom before they can bounce back, best wishes. 

Dave very nice 10k 

TomS glad you enjoyed the morning with a wonderful 8 miler... 

I had to put on the uniform & go work a 5 mile race.  Did 7.1 in the heat this afternoon, sweaty......

Twocat I got Hartford marathon on my agenda this October Smile

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Slo

I had to put on the uniform & go work a 5 mile race.  Did 7.1 in the heat this afternoon, sweaty......

Ya Know...We really appreciate you guys being out there for us !

Slo

I just recieved this email from my closest sister;

Your mother completed her 1st race AND got 3rd place in her age group!  A bronze medalist!!!!

It was the Dubuque Grey Ribbon run with proceeds going for brain cancer research.  They announced the names of all the individuals that people were running/walking in memory or in honor of, including Dad of course.

Prayers to jlynne and Mike's family!!!! I did 5 in the rain this morning 58 minutes and change.  The best I felt this year during a run maybe it is coming back a little.  I might try to run a race Monday in Burton, it depends on whether my DW has to work that day or not.  Run well all.

pfriese

Andy Payne Memorial Races on a warm, humid morning here in OKC. my running mileage has been way down this month, in fact, I've not run in over a week, but went ahead and ran the 10K. Even with a bad race, I finished 3rd AG (15th OA) with a 50:43.

Paul

GGPRunner

Hello everyone!

I'm new to RA, but I know some of you from KR.  Life got in the way and I haven't been logging in to kickrunners much lately.  It seems to be pretty quiet over there, so I thought I would join the party here, if you'll have me.  I look forward to getting to know everyone.  

A bit about me for those who don't know:  I'm 52 and live in San Francisco.  I've been running since 2005 and am part of a local all women's running team here in SF.  I've run 4 marathons, but after surgery last Aug to cut out a torn part of the meniscus in my knee, I'm focusing on returning to running carefully and will stick with the <= HM distance for a while.  I'm looking forward to being part of the Utah Ragnar Relay team in June with fellow RA/KR people!

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, lots going on today!

Jeanne, glad the surgery went well and i hope they fixed the problem for good.  Hope you get to spend lots of time with Will and Ben to make up for not running this summer.

Mike, thanks for sharing with us.  Hugs to you and your wife and DS.  Deez4boys (Denise) had one of her DSs go through some mental health issues last year so maybe you could give her a shout for some advice.

Makes me really appreciate how lucky we are to have such a sweet, problem-free 18 year old DD.  She has always been a complete joy to raise.  Of course it would have been much easier to see her go away to college if she was a handful, but we're certainly  not complaining.  And she's coming home tonight - yay! 

Some fine racing today: Slo's mom (3rd AG), Paul (3rd AG), Mary (2nd AG), and all the Bayshore runners (Bill, Deb, Dave, Mustang Sally, Davein AA, and whoever else I missed).

OM - I agree with Slo that you have a greta attitude!  (But it's "woe is me"  not  "whoa is me") Joking

Welcome to GGPRunner. Glad to take KR refugees here.

Heading out for a trail run in the state park.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Welcome, Kerry! Glad to see you here. I was wondering what happened to you... 

Nice job, Mary! Glad to have helped! Joking  Showed your puppy videos to DH last night, they're just so adorable!

{{Jlynne}} sorry you had to go through that, but like others have said, now it's fixed and you can recover and get back to what you want to do. Sure hope it does the trick.

Mike E, that's tough about your son. You could commiserate with deez4boys as she's had issues with her son, too. Hope you can get him the help he needs. And what Twocat said holds true also... a lot of times kids are just not able to deal with life when younger, but they do straighten out.

Have fun with Claire, tomwhite. Watch the sugar rush...

Congrats to Slo's mom! That's awesome, and a great tribute to the Old Dawg. 

Can't wait to hear from all the Bayshore runners!

Mariposai, I love taper! I'll get out for 8 miles soon, then spend the rest of the day in the yard and garden. Gotta get that planting done before I leave!!

Another hot day on tap here. We hit 85° yesterday, breaking the old record (set just last year) of 82°. Today's record high is 90° but we won't be breaking that (good thing too).

Slo

OM - I agree with Slo that you have a greta attitude!  (But it's "woe is me"  not  "whoa is me") Joking

Whoa there wildchild:

I had caught that but not before Mike quoted it...LOL

It's kinda funny if you go back and look at the time stamps.

Congrats to the racers!  Paul, that is an impressive 10k time in these conditions.  I logged on today to find out how everyone did.

{Jlynne}  Welcome GGP.  Now you know why I haven't been posting at KR.

Very slow run this morning,  not as far as I planned but I was on my feet long enough, it counts as a LR.  I was so sweaty the fancy wicking Brooks gear I was wearing was saturated.  I weighed before & after and lost 1.2 pounds, even though I drank water constantly and had a couple of S-caps.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

King of PhotoShop

My thinking was that someone made a neat pun by changing the expression "woe is me" to "whoa is me" as we are runners.  Pretty funny.

But not funny is our jlynne's disc and mike's issues.  Hope they are resolved soon.

Glad to see GGP (Kerry) here, one heck of a runner.    Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne – you just had back surgery, and you talk about it so casually!  Speedy healing vibes for you and glad you caught it before it got worse.

Orange Mat – how are you feeling?

{{{Mike E}}}

Lamerunner – my 50K is next weekend.  Good luck with yours tomorrow!

Mary – congratulations on your best 10K ever and 2nd AG!

Pfriese – congrats on 3rd AG in your race!

Slo_Hand – congrats to your Mother, too!

GGPrunner – welcome!

37 minutes of P90X Shoulders and Arms, 10 min. core work, and 6.1 easy-paced miles for me this morning.  Some knee pain is alarming me a little, but it only seems to hurt when I walk, not when I run.  Hmmm…

Another busy, busy day here from start to finish, but it’s great to have DS home!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

I had caught that but not before Mike quoted it...LOL

All fixed...nobody will ever know...they'll just wonder what the heck wildchild was talking about.

...HIYA GGP//.........welcome to the party................and go easy.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

9.1 sweaty miles today, temps pushing 80° at noon. After our cold windy spring, it's taking me a bit to acclimate to these warmer temps. Still managed a fast finish with overall avg pace of 8:04. Could feel it in my legs that I did some leg press stuff yesterday. Not much, but enough to notice. Now to start work on the garden stuff!