Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Spring Race Calendar (Read 1657 times)

Is that what it is supposed to taste like?
    Hell yes.

The Thunder

The liquid in my well tastes like anger, hate, victory lost, good races on tired legs, depression and loneliness, hope and loss and despair, mixed with some vomit that I tasted too many times after crushing bicyclists on 9 mile hill during my second 11.2 in the park. Is that what it is supposed to taste like? I cannot wait to drink it up.
      Sweet Jebus. Let me drink out of your well before CMM.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The King of Beasts

Sweet Jebus. Let me drink out of your well before CMM.
        I think it only works if it comes from your own well, but you are more than welcome to have some. I have more than I can ever use, that is the scary thing.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

BMenees

4/25 CM Half - BONK! BONK! BONK! I'm going to try to pretend today's race never happened. The highlight of my "race" was at mile 11 when I started walking and drank a beer that DeannaZ gave me. (At least I think it was her; I could have been hallucinating.) My run was a total f-ing disaster. I hope tomorrow's run goes better. I'd like to run right now, but my stupid calves keep cramping up. Dead
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

1/11 Disney Marathon ✔ 1/29 Philosopher's Challenge 5k ✔ [PR] 2/21 PWP 11.2 Relay from Hell 2/28 Race Judicata 10k ✔ [PR] 3/7 Fall Creek Thaw 15k, Pikeville 3/14 Tom King 1/2 Marathon ✔ [PR] 4/1 Vandy Mile Bonanza ✔ [PR] 4/4 Richland Creek 5 miler ✔ [PR] 4/10 Philosopher's Challenge 5k (letting the legs recover) 4/25 CMM Nashville ✔ [sufferfest, CR] 5/2 Strolling Jim 40 miler 5/9 Girls on the Run 5k [?] 5/16 Strawberry Stride 5k or St. Jude's 5k[?] 5/20 Striders & Stripers 5k 5/25 Memorial Day 5k [volunteering at this race] 5/30 Scott & Erin's Wedding Day 5k [?] 6/20 Grandmas Marathon 7/4 Firecracker 5k
              The highlight of my "race" was at mile 11 when I started walking and drank a beer that DeannaZ gave me.
              I was there too. I see how it is.

BMenees

If I had seen you, I'd have gladly taken a beer from you too. That might have made up for some of the deep hurt I felt at not being e-vited to your going away party. Now you're leaving, and I'll just have to carry this pain with me forever.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

1/11 Disney Marathon ✔ 1/29 Philosopher's Challenge 5k ✔ [PR] 2/21 PWP 11.2 Relay from Hell 2/28 Race Judicata 10k ✔ [PR] 3/7 Fall Creek Thaw 15k, Pikeville 3/14 Tom King 1/2 Marathon ✔ [PR] 4/1 Vandy Mile Bonanza ✔ [PR] 4/4 Richland Creek 5 miler ✔ [PR] 4/10 Philosopher's Challenge 5k (letting the legs recover) 4/25 CMM Nashville ✔ [sufferfest, personal CR] 5/2 Strolling Jim 40 miler ✔ [red shirt!!!] 5/9 Girls on the Run 5k 5/16 Strawberry Stride 5k or St. Jude's 5k [?] 5/20 Striders & Stripers 5k 5/25 Memorial Day 5k [?] 5/30 Scott & Erin's Wedding Day 5k [?] 6/20 Grandmas Marathon 7/4 Firecracker 5k
                    Here's my tentative schedule and goals.. 2/28 Race Judicata 10K (no goal time,beat Thunder) *sick 3/14 LBL 23K (beat Thunder's '08 time) 3/28 RBB 5K (5 points) 5 pts. 4/4 Mule Day 5K (5 points; PR) 5 pts., no PR 4/11 Purity 10K (sub 37:50) sub-18 5k instead 4/25 Kentucky Derby Festival mimiM (sub-1:25) 5/2 Wild Thang 9 mile (5 points; course PR) 5 pts., PR/CR 5/9 Girls on the Run 5K (5 points; sub-18) 5/16 Strawberry Stride 5k (PR) 5/16 Blue Cross Market Street MIle (state record) 5/25 Memorial Day 5k 5/25 Hendersonville Classic 10k (all-time PR) 6/6 Music City Distance Carnival (sub-5 mile/all-timePR) /b>

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

BMenees

2/21 PWP 11.2 Team Race [didn't happen] 2/28 Judicata 5K [no goal, first race of the year] 2/28 Judicata 10K [no goal, beat Trent] 3/14 Tom King 5K [overdressed, tied PR] 3/28 Running to Beat the Blues 5K [stitch in 3rd mile] 3/28 Running to Beat the Blues 1Mi [PR] 4/11 Purity 10K [sick, missed race] 4/18 Union City Civitan 5K ["hometown" race] 4/25 CM Half [horrible bonk!, CR] 5/2 Wild Thang 9Mi Trail Run [PR] 5/9 Girls on the Run 5K [PR] 5/25 GJCC Triathlon [skipping for 10K] 5/25 Hendersonville 10K [going for PR since I missed Purity] 6/6 Downhill @ Dawn Half [going for PR since I messed up CM Half] 7/4 Firecracker 5k [volunteering]
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nice job on the PR Bill! What was your previous PR? How was the course?
                        BMenees

My previous PR was 19:49, which I'd run twice. Today the course was wet and covered with deep puddles and mud. Afterwards, Nick asked how all of us got so muddy because we looked almost as bad as after the Wild Thang. Trey Harwell, Matt Adams, and I ran in a pack with Trey leading almost the whole way. I decided to just hang on to Trey until the 3 mile mark because he always runs a smarter race than me. I kicked as hard as I could over the last tenth, and I beat Trey and Matt across the finish line. Unfortunately, I only beat them on gun time. We all finished with chip times of 19:35, but the official order was Trey, Bill, and Matt for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in our age group. Greg Eubanks kicked all our butts with an 18:25 and 1st in our age group. So only 3 Grand Prix points for me today. But after a season of mildly disappointing races, I'm happy to get a 14 second PR. The faster I run, the faster I want to run. Now I'm really looking forward to the Summer Speed Sessions. It's time for the "Summer of Bill"!
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I gave up GP today by not running. But I supported my wife at her race, and that of course goes much much further than a thermos. Smile
                            BMenees

Yes, sir. A wise choice. My wife ran the GOTR 5K, so I was able to PR and then turn around and go back and finish with her. I probably didn't get as many wife points as you did though.
                                Good race Bill! Points? I thought it was all about the cookie. Wink

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka