Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

LOLZZZZ (Read 8 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

decades ago, due to multiple expensive divorces, a legendary music producer moves in next door. (i refer to expensive divorces because we don't live in a "legendary music producer" kind of neighborhood.) naturally, we think he is a quirky old man full of tall tales... then we run across a documentary about his work and we're like, wait what??

fast forward to when he's getting inducted into CMHOF, and natch, he invites us good neighbors (and others) to the ceremonibration. among the Big Stars - trisha is there. she's slated to sing for another inductee, and so of course she brought along her puppy garth. they come in, find their seats, and lo & behold, they are right in front of us! e'erybody still milling around a bit so i nudge my seatmate and go, watch this.

i stand up, throw my arms wide, and sweetly sort of croon-yell, haaay garth! he looks up and turns on the garthiosity: hey... beautiful!

clearly he thinks he's supposed to know me but has forgotten my name. lolol he fell for it!

as we embrace, i whisper in his ear: we don't know each other, i just wanted a hug.

he backs up a little. he is a confused puppy. then trisha whistles and he trots away.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I once sat in the booth next to Lyle Lovett at the pancake pantry. Original location, duh. I didn’t bother him because this is Nashville.

"run" "2" "eat"

bother smother. anytime i can trick a celebrity into hugging me, it's happening.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

why is the font so big on my post?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I said Pancake Pantry. Not Waffle House.

smother

"run" "2" "eat"

rhymes with bother. i mean, come ON.

"run" "2" "eat"

smöther

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

"run" "2" "eat"

smahther

Get a room! 

Anyway, lolz waffs.

Oncet, I seen John Prine picking out a cantaloupe at The Krogers. Then, barely a month later, I saw Nanci Griffith drinking a Bud draft at Brown's Diner.

This has been your Saturday Rest in Peace, Legendary Songwriters post.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

June, 2013. I stopped in to see Terri at team Nashville to get some shoes as I was headed up to Wisconsin for that year’s annual trip to camp. We were hanging out with Rob, the kids, and sweet Lila the dog. The customer comes in wearing a big pair of sunglasses to buy some walking shoes because he’s going to be in Nashville for a ton. Rob says to him “hey, I know who you are”.

Of all things, Rob then referenced knowing him from Jumanji as Robin Williams was then petting Lila.  

before he left the store, Robin Williams said about Lila: “you’re a very good dog”.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

"run" "2" "eat"

haha ternt, you dint even hug him.

It's the every 2 years check-in in this desolate wasteland of has-been joggers! Please update us on any famous people you have annoyed lately.

Thanks!

"run" "2" "eat"

i *am* famous people and you all annoy me.