Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

From the North Side to the Front Gates on Foot (Read 594 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

well that sounds like a good time!!

S&M Collector

DAMN House! How was it??
      Good, but I'm pissed that I didn't run 26.5 or 27. It would have then been my longest run ever. Now I guess I'll have to do some sick and twisted torture run with Trent. Shocked
      Come across any cool medals lately?

S&M Collector

My concern is....is he still alive? You know...because who am I going to pick on if he's not.
        No worries. I have this covered in my will. Because I have a small amount of concern for your well being, I have a replacement for me, should you need somebody else to pick on.

S&M Collector

umm... Shan is dealing with things and she doesn't know what. My run fell apart at mile 2 with nausea and tears. Thankfully RockenMama is REALLY nice and wasn't upset with me. How was yours?
          Just now saw this. What happened? Hijack the thread if you must. And, I hope you know.....there is always tomorrow.......or Monday, or whenever. Everybody missed a long run for whatever reason, but it is important to GET IT IN!

Oh Mighty Wing

I donno I woke up this morning still tired - 8 hours was apparently not enough. Had breakfast and went to meet Pam. Arrived still yawning and feeling like I would rather go to breakfast than run or better go back to bed. But we started off. I kept telling myself it was going to be a good run and I just needed to get warmed up. 2 miles in I just started feeling nauseas and then I started crying - I am not nearly as tough as Candice apparently. So we sat for a couple minutes talked about maying dropping to 5 days a week of running and eating a little more. And then we walked back to our cars. We went to get breakfast - that's right I was nauseas and hungry - go figure. Then I went home and slept for an hour. And I've spent the rest of the day tired. I will probably go to bed soon. I'm not sure that I will run tomorrow, but I'll get back to it Monday definately! I know I gotta get my long runs done. And I dreaded coming back here and mentioning it, but I suck at lying (especially when you can log stalk to see i'm a liar). So here I sit - still feeling nauseas and wanting to sleep.

S&M Collector

So I guess you're running to the gates right about now...
              I see what you did there. Roll eyes Roll eyes Roll eyes Roll eyes Roll eyes Roll eyes

S&M Collector

Shan, I know what you're talking about. I've had those days in the past. It is always so rewarding when I can work though those road blocks and finish the run. You definitely have this run in you. I hope you find a way to get it in.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, I know what you're talking about. I've had those days in the past. It is always so rewarding when I can work though those road blocks and finish the run. You definitely have this run in you. I hope you find a way to get it in.
                  Smile Thanks!! I know I do too!!!

The Greatest of All Time

I agree. Should I make anti-bullshit team tshirts? Wink
                    GETM
                    Dude! I love you! How do you know me so well?
                    and GETM Big grin MTA: Shan, stick it out.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                      I am not nearly as tough as Candice apparently.
                      You are only as tough as you let yourself believe that you are. "Tough" isn't real. Long distance running is a mind game. Everyone feels like you did once in a while. Running is a big demand we put on ourselves.

Oh Mighty Wing

thank you guys for your support.

The Greatest of All Time

thank you for your support.
                          You own Bartles & James now? Nevermind, you won't get it. Too young. I am getting ready to go knock a run on your behalf Shan. As soon as I get this coffee down me that is. It's a beautiful morning. I am watching the sunrise as I type this. God how I love sunrises. But why the hell do I keep getting up at 5:30 on the weekends? DAMN.
                          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

S&M Collector

Hope you had a nice run this morning, Marcus. Shan, hang in there. As Candice said, a lot of distance running is about mental toughness. And, perhaps by going to 5 days a week of running, you can focus more on quality and efficiency. The use one of the other two days to do some sort of cross training to break up the monotony? Something fun and easy. Wow, I just slept for 12 hours. My legs feel alright today. I might have to do a short recovery run. Yesterday's run was frickin' awesome! I would do something similar sometime. Mabye somewhere in south or west Nashville with one of you pricks. I imagine right now, Candice is "tri-ing" because that's what triathletes do. MTA: Tanya, I saw you running the blvd yesterday morning, as we were leaving the gates of hell. You appeared to be "in the zone" and running pretty moderately. I figured maybe a pack of 4 women deep walkers or a biker must have pissed you off.
                              I imagine right now, Candice is "tri-ing" because that's what triathletes do.
                              No. You are wrong. Candice didn't get to go to her race. Long story that I won't be sharing on the internet. Angry It was also told to me by the person who was the cause of the not getting to go that "you're a marathon runner anyway, not a triathlete" like that's supposed to make me feel better. I'm pissed. Very very pissed. uuuuuuuuughhhh oioihiugyutyur78v64jkgguygtuyt@#32432!!!!!

I imagine right now, Candice is "tri-ing" because that's what triathletes do.
                                No. You are wrong. Candice didn't get to go to her race. Long story that I won't be sharing on the internet. Angry It was also told to me by the person who was the cause of the not getting to go that "you're a marathon runner anyway, not a triathlete" like that's supposed to make me feel better. I'm pissed. Very very pissed. uuuuuuuuughhhh oioihiugyutyur78v64jkgguygtuyt@#32432!!!!!