Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Summer & Fall Race Calendar (Read 1242 times)

The King of Beasts

8/8 Smyrna 5k (PR 17:26)

8/22 Pb (DNF, vomit)

9/7  Franklin Classic 5k & 10K (10k done, 37:41, good effort)

9/26 Shelby Bottoms 15k, going with the 15k (maybe a goal race) 

10/4 Stump Jump 50k (meh, dont feel it)

10/10 Octoberfest 5K(17:38 after a big week)

11/22 Monkey

12/12 Huntsville

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

8/8  Smyrna 5K  Decade PR (25:05)

8/29  McKay's Mill 5K Franklin  I hate 5Ks and would rather do Striders training run

9/7  Franklin Classic 10K    52:34 (1 AG and decade PR)  Hurt worse than a 5K but it's done

9/12 Christie Cookie 5K   25:47  (1AG)  Hot, hilly, humid-  hate 5Ks

9/26  Shelby Bottoms Boogie 15K   1:24:12 Terrible race for me- 1AG- barely could finish

10/3 Middle Half Marathon  1:53:58- 1AG (really 2nd but 1 won Grandmasters)- good decade PR

10/10 Whistlestop Marathon- Ashland, WI   4:08:28  1AG-  2 bad falls with split lip and bruised lip- decade PR

10/18 Louisville Marathon- if I live through Whistlestop  bruised ribs made this a DNS, unfortunately

10/31  Halloween Hunt 5 mile-   43:55 1 AG

11/22  Monkey  4:18 and I survived

11/26  Habitrot because it's a family tradition (if I survive the Monkey) 26:00

12/12  Huntsville   4:27 running sick-  finished my 3rd in 3 months      DONE FOR THE YEAR

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

8/1 Goodlettsville 4 mile (?)[PR]

8/8 Smyrna 5k [PR] (and 1 mile?)[why?]

8/8 After Dark Race for the Park 8k (?)

8/29 Madison WI Inaugural Mini-Marathon (?) [Yes. Super fun. Not a PR, though--because nothing is flat like TK].

9/7 Franklin Classic 5k and 10k [combined time well under 80, and at least 4 minutes  faster than last year]

9/12 Run Chikin Run 10k [nice race; bad running; need to learn how to run a 10k]

9/19 MCA Half [sick, but ran anyway; bad idea]

9/26 Shelby Bottoms Boogie [good idea; PR for the distance, but not that great]

10/3 Middle Half [sick again; super bad]

11/7 Montgomery Bell Breeze 20k (?)

11/14 Team Nashville 10 Miler (or go to NYC and play)

11/22 Monkey [I did this.]

11/26 Bolt [Forgot about this b/c I didn't have to pay to play.  Not a bad run considering Sunday.  Like the splits.]

12/5 Memphis (if not, Huntsville)

12/12 Huntsville (if not Memphis)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Word on the streets is that the Team Nashville 10 miler is cancelled because somebody else chose to schedule a HM in town that same morning.

That best not be true!

Did you here that from Doug?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nick.

Striders folk apparently ain't happy about it either.

Unhappy for what reason. TN10 is a strider's event. Why would it not go on?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Right.  They feel:

1) that the IRFTP folks are taking them on directly by scheduling a 13.1 the same morning as their (well-established) 10 miler;

2) that they will lose too many runners to the HM since most of the runners come from Nashville and that is where the HM is.

IRFTP has had a long antagonistic relationship with Striders.

Well, they will lose all the runners to the IRFTP 1/2 if they pull it, including myself.

I was looking to run a half in November. Clarksville though is the week before the scheduled TN10; no good.

And I do not/ have not run a IRFTP beings I'm a NS member. I do not like their course either.

Ricky

Chickamauga is a good half.  

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, they will lose all the runners to the IRFTP 1/2 if they pull it, including myself.

Totally agreed, but I guess they don't want to put in all the effort and risk losing a lot of runners.

Why not Clarkesville?  There is also a 20 on 11/7 at Montgomery Bell Park.  I am considering that one.

I usually take a look at IRFTP results, and it looks to be a different set of runners from the ones regularly seen at

NS events.

I want to PR at 10 miles. Clarksville would leave me wiped out since it's the weekend before TN10.

Music City is the one I plan on running to set a 1/2 PR. Clarksville was to be a fallback if I failed.

I considered Chicamauga (M), but I like December for the full. I may now consider Huntsville 1/2 in November,

but I really do not wish to make 2 trips down there in the space of a month (RocketCity 12/12).

Ricky

There is also a 20 on 11/7 at Montgomery Bell Park.  I am considering that one.

Let me know if you find a map of this one.

Ricky

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I suspect that it is going to be similar to the old Frostbite HM course.  That is, a double loop on the hilly course.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Has anyone had a good experience at an IRFTP race?  Everything I've heard (which is admittedly limited) makes them sound like a disorganized mess - e.g., setting up cones minutes before start, no mile markers, controversies on prizes, chip timing errors + not enough timing chips, etc.  A half in November sounds ideal but not if it comes with organizational headaches.