Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Summer & Fall Race Calendar (Read 1242 times)

10K for me. For sure.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

10K for me. For sure.

For sure, or fer sure?

fer shooooor

Meh, $5 is $5...

Where's the November beer mile?  You could probably have a post-Monkey beer mile on Nov. 22 in the afternoon.  We'll have a keg of Yazoo Pale Ale (which is over 5% abv), the XC course, and a bunch of runners.  Just map out a quarter mile loop and throw down.  Of course, any monkey finishers would be at a little bit of a disadvantage.  And you probably shouldn't let the monkey RD know so he wouldn't get in trouble with the park board, the beer board, etc.

Hmm...don't the park officials look the other way if you just throw them donations?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

5k.

cooldown on the 10k.

If I can register for the damned thing.

Hoodoo Guru

Do it like you run your races;  mail it in.

The tangents are moot.

9/7  Franklin Classic 10K    52:34 (1 AG and decade PR)  Hurt worse than a 5K but it's done

Good job! My magic calculator shows that this is the equivalent effort of running a 42:30 if you were, oh say, 25. Above 70%. On the wretched Franklin Classic course, to boot!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why do you call the course wretched, out of curiosity.

I happen to agree BTW.  But then again, I'm a bit pissed at it.

I like the course....but i'm super familiar with it because it used to be a part of all my long runs when I ran with Gary Gosch's group.

They really should change the turn around part though. It would be really easy to pick up that distance elsewhere by taking it down another road a block down or something.

Why do you call the course wretched, out of curiosity.

I happen to agree BTW.  But then again, I'm a bit pissed at it.

Unshaded, sharp turns, construction at some point, hills exactly where you don't want them.

Of course, '07 and '08 were deathly hot too, so that may have made an impression on my impression of the course.

Sorry about your 5k...Sounds like you were fighting something off. I mean, other than Hotdog Man.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Unshaded, sharp turns, construction at some point, hills exactly where you don't want them.

Of course, '07 and '08 were deathly hot too, so that may have made an impression on my impression of the course.

Yeah, my sentiments too.  And the hills are weird: not too tall but somehow tough.  The 10k in particular seems to climb more than it drops, especially in the first half.  And both courses have that silly 180 degree turn.  Egad.  It's enough to curl your hair.

Boy, Tanya.  I like that calculator!  Thanks.

Elly got a really bad picture of me at that 180 turn.  It shows true pain.  I thought the course was hard, but I did not taper at all for the race, which I learned yesterday makes racing 10K feel really, really bad. 

The King of Beasts

9/12 Run Chikin Run 10k [nice race; bad running; need to learn how to run a 10k]

you have been doing a LOT of races these last few weeks.  that would explain the less-than-expected race

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jun 29 Did Not Finish/Did Not Hurl: A Stellar Weekend of Racing!

Cripes

Cripes

Yeah , I know.

I've been giving running a brain break. I should have a new one up this week as I ease back into the mental illness of it all.