Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

20 Miler this weekend (Read 327 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why is it sideways?

And then there's this:
    What does it mean to say that “man” is to be overcome? It means overcoming the idea that “man” is the measure of all things. Instead, man must be measured by and through events. Here we begin to see the outlines of a radical empiricism. Whenever the tendency of thought is towards judging according to a single idea: Geist, man, God, subject, Truth, Good, Justice, Nietzsche relentlessly shatters the image of that idea into a landscape of multiple powers, writing what appears as a moral principle back into the historical, physiological, and affective language of events. This is the essential critical strategy of his genealogical method: “Put briefly: perhaps the entire evolution of the spirit is a question of the body; it is the history of the development of a higher body that emerges into our sensibility,” (WTP, 676)
      Yeah....well....crying isn't allowed in marathons either, and I hear you cryin to Candice about them hills all during our run the other weekend! Waaaahhhh someone call Casa a Whambulance! Big grin
      Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

S&M Collector

Come across any cool medals lately?

S&M Collector

So who's doing the Strider's long run this weekend?
          So, who slower than Thunder is doing the Strider's long run this weekend? Fuck it. I couldn't pull off 20 this soon. My legs hurt. Why am I even considering this? What else am I going to do this weekend if I don't do a stupid long run though? My friends are all broke, lame, and boring. God forbid I sit on the couch all weekend. Life sucks. Thanks for listening.

The Thunder

So, who slower than Thunder is doing the Strider's long run this weekend? Fuck it. I couldn't pull off 20 this soon. My legs hurt. Why am I even considering this? What else am I going to do this weekend if I don't do a stupid long run though? My friends are all broke, lame, and boring. God forbid I sit on the couch all weekend. Life sucks. Thanks for listening.
            Hey, I can run slow. I wanted to run slower during our last long run, but freaking Candice kept picking up the pace. Come run with me, and if you feel bad and I feel good...then we'll just run the first 10 or so together. Right?! Good to have you!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

but freaking Candice kept picking up the pace.
              You didn't have to run with me. Big grin

S&M Collector

Thunder. Mark me down as a "could show" for tomorrow morning. The alarm is set. I honestly don't think I have anything more than 9's though. Just forewarning.
                  FYI Thunder....I saw what House ate tonight. You probably shouldn't take him up on his offer to run in the A.M.

S&M Collector

FYI Thunder....I saw what House ate tonight. You probably shouldn't take him up on his offer to run in the A.M.
                    Yeah, well......I was fine until I accidentally ate a red pepper. At least I didn't have sushi. I suspect you'll be taking lots of bathroom breaks during your class today. Thunder, if you "no show" this morning, I'm going to be pissed.

The Thunder

Dude...I am so there. 9's could be a stretch though. We'll start out easy and see what happens.

The Thunder

Casa, thanks again! Good run today...how's the hip flexor thingy feeling now?

S&M Collector

A bit sore. Good run though....until you left us. Evil grin I was pleased with my pace. 8:30ish. Hell, I have only logged two runs this week! one on Monday and one today!