Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

complaint (Read 985 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

high school seniors are too young to die. please hold onto your loved ones tonight and plan to do some invigorating this weekend... celebrate your life this week in honor of my young friend...
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh Mighty Wing

What happened?
      one of my favorite students, a senior, was killed when his car went off the road on saturday morning. he was medivacked to a hospital in philly where he died. that's all the details I know. I heard something about him falling asleep behind the wheel, but will probably hear more from the rumor mill later this afternoon.

Why is it sideways?

Shan, that's tough. When I was a teacher and a coach, my XC and track captain (also advisee, physics student, and running buddy) was hit by a train as he crossed a set of railroad tracks on his way to school and killed. He also was a senior, and it was around this time of year, a little later. It's a sad thing and as you say a reminder of how precious things can be lost unaccountably.

The Thunder

Yeah, very tough Shan...here's my story, when I was a freshman in college, one of my running buddies (a Jr. in High School) died at his practice one afternoon. I was at my college practice not far away and saw the ambulance parked at their practice area. Tough times, no one had a clue how serious things were....we just thought he passed out and waited hours at the hospital to hear that he was okay...only to finally hear that he had passed on. He was a great kid, one of those people you never saw w/out a smile on his face. This was over 13 years ago (wow, doesn't seem that long) and I still think of him when I run often. I imagine he's still running beside me at some races, and it gives me strength. Try to remember the smiles and the good times, and know that your friend is where he is suppposed to be.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Oh Mighty Wing

thank you both for your stories. This kid was amazing. At the start of his junior year he was a hot head - short temper, no tolerance, big chip on his shoulder. He was one of those kids who the second you tried to "show him whose boss" he was fighting back. We often challenged each other, and eventually came to really respect and enjoy each other. He got my sarcasm I got his temper. It worked. He would often come see me when he got kicked out of other classes. This year I don't have him, but I have his younger sister. Jimmy would still stop by and see me. And in the beginning of the year he asked me for a letter of rec. for college - he was soo nervous because no other teachers would write him one. I of course was honored and thrilled! He had soo much potential and it was amazing watching him grow and change from this angry youth to this young man excited about his future and starting to reach for his potential. Cry CryKids who sat in class with us keep coming in... Cry Cry
              My deepest sympathies, Shannon.

Amy

That's tough Shan. I'm sorry for your loss Sad

A Saucy Wench

So sorry Shan.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Meh, $5 is $5...

Wow, I'm truly sorry to hear about this. From what you wrote, he sounds like he was an impressive young man with a bright future ahead of him. Take comfort in the fact that you were able to help each other grow as people, and keep reflecting on the good memories with your friend. You have my condolences. This ultimately caused me to reminisce about several lost friends and relatives. I'll just add try not to leave things unsaid...
                      Saturday: 60% chance of very cold rain. Thanks a lot, The Thunder.

Why is it sideways?

Saturday: 60% chance of very cold rain. Thanks a lot, The Thunder.
                        I'm seeing lows in the 40's, highs in the 50's w/60% chance of showers. 6mph winds. Sounds pretty dadgum perfect for fast half marathoning if you ask me.

The Thunder

I'm seeing lows in the 40's, highs in the 50's w/60% chance of showers. 6mph winds. Sounds pretty dadgum perfect for fast half marathoning if you ask me.
                          You all can thank The Thunder now.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

You all can thank The Thunder now.
                            I'll take the temps, but if you could hold back the rain, that would be great. 'Prec.

Why is it sideways?

It is crap-tastic outside. Out for a run.