Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sleet (Read 423 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

except for maybe Trent
    Dude, I ALWAYS have excuses. But I did okay today anyway Wink
    If you had the same thing as me, um...wow. I'm in awe of your ability to fight through it.
    Nope, mine was an asthma exacerbation with a bone-shaking cough.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Okay is quite the understatement. Great job on the multiple PRs. And congrats to The Thunder and Jeff as well, looks like it was a great day for all. Any idea on the winning times for the 5K and half marathon?

Oh Mighty Wing

JT - I might have missed this, but why weren't you there?

Meh, $5 is $5...

A mix of me being a cheapass (5K would've been like $35 at that point) and I have yet to adjust to the growing mileage load. Assuming I don't feel totally flat, might do some stuff here and there for workouts in the near term, but I'd prefer to avoid another PW.
            So i'm definitely in for R2BB... what's the roll call for that one again? BTW- J Tyler, why don't I know you?

Oh Mighty Wing

A mix of me being a cheapass (5K would've been like $35 at that point) and I have yet to adjust to the growing mileage load. Assuming I don't feel totally flat, might do some stuff here and there for workouts in the near term, but I'd prefer to avoid another PW.
              ok there are all kinds of details in here that I have no clue about because I don't actually know you... like is your mileage growing for the first time or are you coming off of injury? And what made your PW your PW? and I totally get the whole cheapass thing. I'm one of those, well most of the time anyway.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Ok, long post and this was typed via phone so spelling and grammar may come out odd... Candice - I've only met Jeff and Snape, so you're not alone. I've sort of kept a low profile over the past 2 years due to work and this haven't really races much in Nashville. Prior to my valentines day massacre pw (moral victory in that it came off hardly any running), the cmm half in 2007 was the only race I had done. Time didn't suck considering I strained my hammy around mile 10 an put in 2 6:40 miles thereafter and burned out from prep for b-school finals (following Monday). Shan - I injured my mcl and missed over 3 months of running, then started back up around mid jan. Prior to that, I was running about 90-100 mpw, with easy runs around 6:20-6:30 and dropping below 6 at the end of nearly all main runs. Throw in squats and plyo and pickup basketball, and it's easy to see how I hurt myself. Time wise, I've run in the mid 14s for 5k. Other J Tyler tidbits - I've been told I look eerily like my McLovin pic on the side, which is needlessly cruel to McLovin. I also enjoy beer and coffee, just not mixed together. I can make up raps about anything.

Oh Mighty Wing

you did well. I could understand it. Feel like you are stuck playing 20-questions?? What's b-school? Would you like to get back to that mileage again? and raps huh? (by the way I ask lots of questions - you know in case you couldn't tell - feel free to ignore me or tell me to shut up)

Meh, $5 is $5...

No harm in asking questions, they're fun and often lead to such things as answers. B-school is business school, I just get jargony when typing on the phone to avoid touch screen keyboard quirks. Masters in Finance at Vandy in 2007 to answer that one, and now wrapping up something called the chartered financial analyst exam that takes a minimum of 3 years of your life. On mileage, ideally the same range albeit slower on the easy days. No more weight lifting with legs, though. 3 months was the longest time I've ever had off from running, so I've found that I'm holding fatigue more than usual and just sort of tap out at certain speeds. That'll subside, but is annoying at present. The rap (more like making up random songs a la mike & mike on espn radio) was more a WTF thing since it had nothing to do with anything.

Oh Mighty Wing

No harm in asking questions, they're fun and often lead to such things as answers. B-school is business school, I just get jargony when typing on the phone to avoid touch screen keyboard quirks. Masters in Finance at Vandy in 2007 to answer that one, and now wrapping up something called the chartered financial analyst exam that takes a minimum of 3 years of your life. On mileage, ideally the same range albeit slower on the easy days. No more weight lifting with legs, though. 3 months was the longest time I've ever had off from running, so I've found that I'm holding fatigue more than usual and just sort of tap out at certain speeds. That'll subside, but is annoying at present. The rap (more like making up random songs a la mike & mike on espn radio) was more a WTF thing since it had nothing to do with anything.
                      You would be amazed at how many people do not agree with your thoughts on questions! Smile So what does a chartered financial analyst exam allow you to do?? And a 3 year exam - I may have to google this if you don't feel like explaining. It may be annoying but lots less annoying than if you weren't running at all! You will get your mileage and speed back - it just take a little time - although I would bet less time then the first time you did it. I enjoyed the rap tidbit. Random is not a bad thing.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Often reminded of that when doing talks for students. Explaining the CFA exam and the benefits of being a charter holder is somewhat lengthy, so I'll just post the link if you're curious to check it out and let the institute say all its wondrous things. It's not an explicit requirement for my field, but it's something that you're encouraged to pursue. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/overview/benefits.html?intCamp=cfa_program_box_benefits

Oh Mighty Wing

Often reminded of that when doing talks for students.
                          It take my students a while to get use to the socratic method... course very few ask questions in the same way I do... wait so do you teach? I'm confused.

Meh, $5 is $5...

No, I don't teach. I just occasionally get invited back to campus to speak at orientations for incoming master's of finance students about what I do, what I learned from business school, and what I would do differently if I could. It's sort of an odd feeling since despite being two years removed, I'm younger than most in attendance and haven't made many opportunities to do much differently at this point in time. Everything about what I do is confusing, so don't feel bad - unless you're in the industry, it's one of those things that makes you go "Um, okay, that's nice" or "Oh...is that a smart guy job?" (an all time favorite quote from a first date). Unfortunately, can't elaborate too much on here...sorry. Time for a run.

Oh Mighty Wing

can't elaborate too much on here...sorry. Time for a run.
                              oh sure just when I decide I have tons more questions cut me off... Tongue

Meh, $5 is $5...

Silly I know. If you're that curious and not in Nashville any time soon, email me. And I suddenly have admin rights, or am I that trashed after beer numero uno? Sarcasm. It's the Justin way of showing astonishment.